Susan Athena
Susan Athena, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.
12809769

Read the article, "A Foot in Each Culture: Howard University

Read the article, "A Foot in Each Culture: Howard University Law Professor Fights Racial Stereotypes" on to the U.S. Library of Congress Website. Then watch the video titled A Girl Like Me on the American Anthropological Association website. And finally, watch the brief interview with Dr. XXXXX XXXXX about his famous study. In your post, discuss your reactions to what you have learned and answer the following questions in at least 200 - 250 words:

Have you been the victim of any stereotypes?
What negative effects do stereotypes have on intercultural communication?
How can we improve understanding and communication among different subcultures in this country?

Read the story titled Alter Egos in a Virtual World and listen to the podcast on Digital Life (click "Listen"). In online worlds and games, people take on the personas of the avatars, or characters, they create. Discuss how physical characteristics and the personality of these avatars influence communication and the identity of the person the avatar represents. Do you think these virtual worlds positively influence intercultural communications or perpetuate stereotypes? Why? If you have taken part in any virtual worlds or role-playing games yourself, such as Second Life, EverQuest, or World of Warcraft, also share your experiences of the ways in which nonverbal communication plays a role in the behavior of people in such communities
Hi. Thanks for your question!

Can I ask what class this is for, please?

Kind regards,
Susan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Com 360 I just need the answers to this one i finished the Avitar question

Thanks for that. For the first part of this question, do you want me to write about stereotypes related to a particular gender, race, age, etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just on these three questions

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Hi, Chad. Just checking in to see how your communications class is going. Remember that I'm always here to help; feel free to start a new question with my name on it. Kind regards, Susan