R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

Specific requirements: Use of Arrays, Functions, File Read,

Specific requirements: Use of Arrays, Functions, File Read, File Write (optional) and Screen Output(s)
The application shall:
1. Allow users to enter at least 16 numbers in double format or read those 16 real numbers in from a text file on your laptop
2. Store the numbers in an array (remember to make n an integer variable)
3. The data type used to store the numbers should be double or float.
4. Create and use a function to calculate the average (mean) of the numbers in the array
5. Output the average (mean) of the set of numbers
6. Create a function to calculate the median (middle value) of the numbers in the array.
7. Output the median of the set of numbers.
8. Create and use a function to calculate the standard deviation of the numbers in the array
9. Output the standard deviation of the set of numbers
10. Create and use a function to calculate the variance of the numbers in the array
11. Output the variance of the set of numbers

A possible range of numbers could be: 8, 9, 10, 10, 10, 11, 11, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 22
Supply a logical Flowchart along with the deliverables (see below).
Please be sure that all deliverables are submitted via Web Tycho by the cut-ff date and time of submission.
No delayed submissions will be accepted.
Also, please bring a printed out version of your code and other deliverables on the day of the Finals.
The C++ code and Flowchart must be delivered along with the Final Project.
Screen shots of at least four different output sets must be made available with the final submission.

-----------------------------------------------
I need this completed by 7 pm Eastern Time on 3/7/2013.
Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!

I'd be glad to help. I'm working on the code. Let me know if you could do the flowchart part.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I use raptor for the flowcharts I can do the chart after the code is provided is it possible for you to finish everything by 6 pm so I have an hour to do the flowchart?

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Sure. I'll send the code within a couple of hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, sounds great!

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Was I on the right track with starting out with an Array?

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but array size had to be minimum 16. And we're required to do all mathematical calculations in separate functions, not in main.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh, yea I have problems when trying to use seperate functions. I am on my way to class now so I will be away from my computer for 1-2 hours.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech