Susan Athena
Susan Athena, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.
12809769

TO Susan Athena 1. Open the Excel data file ZooNumbers,

TO Susan Athena

1. Open the Excel data file ZooNumbers, located in the Chapter22\On Your Own folder. Save the document as Zoo Visitor Numbers.

2. Open the PowerPoint data file ZooPresentation, located in the Chapter22\On Your Own folder. Save the document as Zoo Slide Show.

3. In the Excel file Zoo Visitor Numbers, copy the column chart to the Clipboard.

4. Link the copied chart to Slide 2 (“Number of Visitors”) using the destination theme. Resize the chart object to fill the slide.

5. In the Excel file Zoo Visitor Numbers, add the following data as the number of visitors in 2013: 648, 1411, 173, and 80.

6. Save the changes to the Excel file Zoo Visitor Numbers, and then update the chart in the PowerPoint file Zoo Slide Show if needed.

7. Open the Word data file ZooLetter, located in the Chapter22\On Your Own folder. Save the document as Zoo Customer Letter.

8. In the PowerPoint file Zoo Slide Show, copy the chart on Slide 2 (“Number of Visitors”) to the Clipboard.

9. In the Word document Zoo Customer Letter, delete the yellow highlighted text, and then link the copied chart to the document using the destination theme. Resize the chart so that it is approximately 2.5 inches high and the same width as the paragraphs.

10. In the Excel file Zoo Visitor Numbers, change the number of Adult visitors in 2013 to 710 and then change the number of Children who visited in 2013 to 1500. Save the file.

11. Open the Excel data file ZooAnimals, located in the Chapter22\On Your Own folder. Save the file as Zoo Animals by Type.

12. Prepare the Excel file Zoo Animals by Type file for importing into Access. Use Species as the column A label.

13. Create a new Access database named ZooData. Import the Excel file Zoo Animals by Type to a new table named Animals.

14. Create four queries, each listing all the animals in one species. Do not show the Species field. Save each query with the name of the species included. Resize columns as needed in the query results.

15. Open the Office Clipboard, and then copy the query results for each of the four queries to the Office Clipboard.

16. Paste each query into the appropriate slide in the PowerPoint file Zoo Slide Show using the Text Only paste option. Select the content placeholder before you paste the objects, and then select the Keep Text Only option after you paste the objects. On each slide, delete the Type bulleted item.

17. Use the Word file Zoo Customer Letter to create a form letter using the Access file ZooVisitors as the data source.

18. Edit the recipient list by sorting the customers alphabetically by last name.

19. Insert the Address Block and Greeting Line merge fields, matching fields if necessary. In the Greeting Line merge field, change the form of the name to the first name, and change the form of greeting line for records with an invalid recipient name to Dear Guest,.

20. In the body of the letter, replace the green highlighted text with the Date_Visited merge field.

21. Preview the merged document, and then correct any spacing issues.

22. In the closing, replace Karl Croston with your name.

23. Turn the preview off, merge only the first and second letter of the mail merge to a new document, and then save the new document as Zoo Letters.

24. Close all open documents, saving when prompted.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok is everything ok

Expert:  Susan Athena replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for requesting me! I can work on this project this evening.

Can you please post your file to mediafire.com or sendspace.com, and put the sharing URL here?

Kind regards,
Susan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes no problem , thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is there any other way to post the files.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think sendspace.com is the easiest, but you can use any site designed for sharing large files, like wikisend or rapidshare. Are you having trouble with those sites?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i am

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i am, who should i address it too

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e3u3xn this is the file that you need thanks.

Thanks! I've got your file and am working on it now.

Kind regards,
Susan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

remember also i need the technical difficulties and how and when i can use this in the real world. thanks

Hi. Thanks for that!

The completed files can be found here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c4f3ld

Please note that there are two Word documents (Zoo Customer Letter and Zoo Letters): both require your name in them per instruction 22.

The biggest technical difficulty was figuring out how to get a ruler in the Word document for resizing the chart. I don't normally use one, so had to figure out to use View ... Ruler to measure the chart size. In addition, I've never used the mail merge feature before, so I wasn't quite sure what the fields meant. Once I figured out what the fields were for, adding them to the document was really easy.

In the real world, I can use the "Link Chart" feature in Powerpoint and Word to connect documents to data in real-time. I can see how powerful it is to be able to make a formatted document with live, up-to-the-minute data from a linked Excel spreadsheet. I can also use the mail merge feature for clubs, organizations, or newsletters. I could even imagine doing my holiday letters this way!

If you need anything else, please just ask!

Kind regards,
Susan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cannot access the link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i cannot download from the link

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: 10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.