R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

I need to write a vba code in the macro in Excel to achieve

I need to write a vba code in the macro in Excel to achieve data pulling from workbook 2, sheet 1, in to workbook 1, sheet 1.
I need to only copy start from workbook 2, sheet 1, B5 to the end of all the data in column X in to workbook 1, sheet 1, start from A2
workbook 2
A B C ....X
1 2 ....3
2 3 ....4
...........
4 5 ....6
Workbbok 1
name number ...State
1 2 ... 3
2 3 ....4
... ... .....
4 5 ....6
Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

I'd be glad to help. I'll work this out and get back to you soon.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how is it going on

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Working on it, would let you know soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how is it going on. I m wondering is that because i dong explain clearly? if so let me know i will explain a little bit more

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Here it is. I assumed wb1 is the active workbook where data is to be pasted and wb2 is source workbook and is closed. Change wb2 to point to where source workbook is located

Sub myCopy()
Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook
Dim copyRange As Range
Set wb1 = ActiveWorkbook
Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("FULL PATH to WORKBOOK2")
wb2.Activate
Set copyRange = Sheets(1).Range("b5", Range("X65536").End(xlUp))
wb1.Activate
copyRange.Copy (wb1.Sheets(1).Range("a2"))
wb2.Close
End Sub

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Actually, i dont think the' Range("X65536").End(xlUp))' will work on the actual data. I have more 46 OR MORE COLUMNS IN THE real data, And the source workbook is to be refreshed with new data everymonth, which make the number of last row unknow. so I need a code to select from b5 to wherever the data end. and the end is unknow. I NEED code to command "go to the end of the data on the sheet"

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I thought you mentioned column X. Let me change that
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech