TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

Computer Science Project

Attachment: 2013-03-06_022521_csc_320_part1.docx

Attachment: 2013-03-06_022539_csc_part_2.docx

Part 1 Demonstrate how a single HTML document can be presented in multiple different appearances, determined by the document's CSS stylesheet. Your HTML file should be called helloworld.html whose content is as below: Hello World Hello World Page

This is a simple Hello world page, but with different CSS, it still can appear differently.

This Hello World is in blue.

Write a first stylesheet to make the page appear like this: Then write a second stylesheet to make the page appear like this: Note that the border lines above are not a part of the required display. You can embed your CSS in the HTML file or keep it in a separate file. Explain your work and experience in a 1-2 page paper. Place this paper in a zip file with the HTML (and possibly CSS) file Part 2 The goal of this assignment is to demonstrate how a single HTML document can be presented in two different appearances, determined by the document's CSS stylesheet. Your HTML file should be called p1.html and the two stylesheets should be called p1a.css and p1b.css. If the HTML file links to p1a.css then it should appear like this ("Version A"), assuming you are running Firefox on a Windows machine: If the HTML file links to p1b.css then it should appear like this in Firefox on Windows ("Version B"): If you are using a Macintosh the appearance will be slightly different. Here are some additional details and requirements for this problem: • The content should be described in a single HTML file, using a

element to display the main table. • There may not be any formatting information in the HTML file other than class and id attributes. • The appearance must be generated entirely with CSS style information; you may not use images for this problem. • The only change that should be required to switch from Version A to Version B is to change the element in the header to refer to a different CSS file. • Try to duplicate the appearance in the images above ("pixel perfect"). For example: o Some of the columns should be centered whereas others are left-justified. o The "Total" line appears only in Version B (hint: you may find the display attribute useful in producing this effect). o Both versions use the Tahoma font in a 13-pixel size. o The background color for the header row in Version A is #687291. o The background colors for the body rows in Version A are #eeeff2 and #dfe1e7. o The white lines between rows in Version A are 1 pixel wide. o The color for the frame around Version B is #d0d0ff. o The frame in Version B is 10 pixels wide; there are 20 pixels of empty space on either side of the frame. o The horizontal rule above the "Total" line in Version B is 2 pixels wide. o Match the padding and spacing as closely as possible. • Your HTML file must be a valid HTML document that passes validation at http://validator.w3.org, and your CSS files must pass validation at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ • Note: the border and margin styles are not supported for

elements;

elements support border but not margin. You should try to meet the above requirements as much as you can. It is OK if you can’t duplicate the appearance in the images exactly. Just try to approximate the appearance to the best you can. After you have tried it yourself, place the HTML and CSS files in a zip file PART 3 JavaScript Calculator For this assignment, you will design a simple calculator using JavaScript. The XHTML frame that determines the layout of the calculator buttons is given to you. You will need to write the JavaScript to make the calculator work. Your calculator should perform as the following: when a number key is clicked, the number should be displayed; when an operator key is clicked, the proper math operation should be performed; when the clear key is clicked, the display should be reset to 0. A Simple Calculator … your code goes in here … A Simple Calculator

Hint: You will need to write JavaScript code and modify the form element of the HTML document to achieve these functions. For simplicity, you are not required to keep the precedence. You can either embed your JavaScript code in your HTML file, or make a separate file for it. Submit a 1-2 page summary of your work which discusses your experience. Put this document and the HTML file (and JavaScript file if you keep them separate) into one zip file, and submit it to CourseNet. Make sure that your HTML and JavaScript code work in a browser PART 4 The Document Object Model Level 2 (DOM-2) provides an interface that enables the generation of HTML on the fly, after the page has loaded. This assignment explores using the basic functionality of DOM-2 for generating dynamic content in the browser. You are given an HTML frame that displays a sequence of buttons and a separate Insert button. Your task is to write the JavaScript code to allow the insertion of new buttons into the sequence at specified locations. To be more specific, the first figure below shows the initial XHTML document. Suppose your user first clicks Button2 and then click Insert, the document should now look like the second figure below. Similarly if your user now clicks Button3 and then Insert, your code should cause the document to look like the third figure. To summarize, your codes should first recognize a click on a button in the sequence and then when the Insert button is clicked, a new node should be inserted before the button that was clicked earlier. Again, the HTML frame that determines the layout of the buttons is given to you. Button Sequence Creation … your code goes in here … Button Sequence Creation

Button1Button2Button3

Insert
Hint: You will need to call DOM-2 methods to create HTML elements, defining the elements’ attributes, and appending them to or inserting them into the document body or existing elements. You might want to search the following reference for DOM-2 methods: Document Object Model (DOM) Level 2 Core Specification, Version 1.0, Retrieved from: http://web4.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core/ You will also need to modify the table and button elements of the HTML document to handle the button click events. You can either embed your JavaScript code in your HTML file, or make a separate file for it. You should try to meet the above requirements as much as you can. If you can’t insert a button at any arbitrary position, you should at least be able to insert buttons at a fixed position. Submit a 1-2 page summary of your work which discusses your experience. Put this document and the HTML file (and JavaScript file if you keep them separate) into one zip file PART 1 The goal of this assignment is to demonstrate how Eclipse can be used for XML editing. Read the following articles and work through the tutorials/demos in Eclipse: • Belisario, Ella, Creating XML Files Tutorial, Retrieved from: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/tutorials/XMLWizards/XMLWizards.html • Ha, Trung (2006), Introduction to the XSD Editor, Retrieved from: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Introduction_to_the_XSD_Editor • Belisario, Ella (2005), XML Schema Editor Demonstration, Retrieved from: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/tutorials/XMLSchemaEditor/XSDEditorDemo/XSDEditorDemo_viewlet_swf.html • Mah, Richard (2008), XML Catalog Tutorial, Retrieved from: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/tutorials/XMLCatalog/XMLCatalogTutorial.html Write a paper summarizing your experience. The paper should contain the impression of your experience of XML itself, the using of Eclipse for XML, and the screen shots of your efforts of working through the above tutorials. Compress all of them together as a zip Part 2 In this assignment, you are to work through one of the following tutorial and complete all exercises. You can choose to either complete the PhoneGap Tutorial or the XML tutorial. PhoneGap is a Javascript library that allows you to convert web pages into native Mobile Applications. The alternative tutorial will focus more on the native interface used by Android to develop Mobile Apps. You must provide screen shots of your work and provide the code which your project generated in a zip file. Add to the zip file a 2 page paper which describes your work and your views of the benefit of having XML for Mobile Application Development. Required Reading: http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449383268/ch01_id35816976.html Tutorial: PhoneGap Tutorial Additional installation resources and emulator creation: Installing the Android SDK Create an Android Emulator Alternative Tutorial with XML: http://robertmassaioli.wordpress.com/2011/04/21/simple-xml-in-android-1-5-and-up/ PART 3 This assignment aims at giving you some hands-on experience with AJAX. Part I: Go through all the examples at the following: • AJAX Examples, Retrieved from: http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/ajax_examples.asp • Implementing Simple AJAX interaction in your Web Application using XMLHttpRequest object, http://www.javareference.com/jrexamples/viewexample.jsp?id=111 Try the examples yourself and make sure you understand the JavaScript code. Keep the screenshots of your experiences with AJAX and submit these screenshots as part of the assignments. Part II: Write a web page and JavaScript program that uses AJAX to create a “rolling message feed”. Your program should have the following features: 1. The web page should cycle continually through the messages in an XML file, showing a new message every five (5) seconds. 2. The message feed should start when the page is loaded, and you should include buttons to stop and restart the feed. 3. Every twenty (20) seconds, the page should get the XML file again in case it has been updated with any messages added or removed. 4. When the file is reloaded, the message cycling should continue uninterrupted (i.e. it should not restart), with any new messages included in the correct place in the sequence. Below is the content of the XML file, or you can put anything more interesting in it: Assignment due next week Don't forget it! Should be nearly finished! Finally done! For this exercise, you can use either your own server or a Web accessible site where files can be uploaded and accessed online. Make sure that all the files have the right permission for online access. You program should at least implement the first two feature requirements, if you can’t get all of them to work. Take screen shots as proof of your work, and explain your experience and observations PART 4 This SLP assignment aims at giving you some experience in AJAX so that you can understand better AJAX's functionalities. You will try out the examples in the tutorial of: Realtime Form Validation using AJAX, http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javaee/realtimevalidation-135827.html You should change some validation rules and extend the code. After you have made the necessary code changes and tested them, write a page paper describing your experience with this exercise and how AJAX form validation differs from that in previous modules. Put this paper and your code into a zip file
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name isXXXXX for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long delay. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just to difficult or not informative enough or priced to low.

Has the deadline passed for this project or do you still have time left to complete - if so, what is the deadline?

If you would like me to try and help, is there anything else you can add to your original post giving me more details. You can upload any files using the paper clip icon in the tool bar here at JustAnswer or by using a file sharing site like mediafire.com or box.com and sharing the link here. I may not be able to answer all of the components of your question but possibly some of them.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful week.

:-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have until the 03/15/13.

Let me look at my resources... be back with you in a short bit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok.

Thanks for updating,

Unfortunately this is outside my scope of expertise.

I will opt out and move to the top of the list and message a couple of others who might have the time to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

:-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

I am a professional software engineer and web developer. I will work on these assignments and contact you once they are complete.

Thank you
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

You can download the four assignments that were in part 1 here:

And you can download the four assignments that were in part 2 here:

This includes dozens of screenshots, 7 papers, 6 websites, 1 Android Application, and 1 Java Servlet

You will find various word documents in the zipped folders. The screenshot documents are called screenshot. The other word documents are each of the right ups.

Some zip files contain other zip files because they involved a large amount of code as part of the requirement.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. It is the only way that I receive credit for my time and effort. If you require more assistance, simply continue our conversation before leaving any rating.

If you require assistance with Web Development or Databases in the future, please feel free to request me directly by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**. It would be my pleasure to assist you again.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer. Have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Attachment: 2013-03-15_125153_doc1.docx

He the Hello world should appear as the second screen shoot. Can you please try to change it. As the green, black and blue. Thank you

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you help me with a homework assignment

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

You can ask me another question here. Please start your question with **For TheDoctor**

Thank you