judybailey52
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience:  20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
46206387

Hi, Judy, Can you help me with this problem? Thank you!

Customer Question

Attachment: 2013-02-28_145524_for_judy_bailey.doc

Here is sendspace link

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for your response. Will Judy be helping me, or will you or someone else do this? I have a couple of other problems, and I need to know if I should post them, as well. Thank you for your help :-)

Expert:  judybailey52 replied 1 year ago.
HIIIIII! Long time no hear from.

I will, of course, be helping you.

I'll contact you this afternoon after I get a chance to look at everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yay! It is sooo good to hear from you! I will await your response and post anything else you need. I have a couple of others I need help with, so I will go ahead and post them. No reply needed :-)

OK
Ok, I'm back home. It is my turn for surgery. Total knee replacement. It will be such a blessing, but I have no idea how long I'll be out of commission.

Just checking ... are both of these files you sent identical?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear of your surgery, but you must be glad to get it done. The files could possibly be the same--I wasn't sure what info you needed so I posted the info and then put it on sendspace. My head is fuzzy and I am deathly ill so I wasn't sure what I posted. When is your surgery? Will you be able to help me for 2-3 days?

Yes, they have postponed the surgery until Wednesday. I will be available until Tuesday evening.

I have downloaded Open EMR, but it is a huge file. I don't know where to go to find the information you need. Can you give me any further guidance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you check both papers to see if they had the same info? Try this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It looks like I did send you the same info for both (I still can't tell!). We just need bullet points and a notes section for ONE PPT slide and it has to be related to our question that I sent to you. There is no right or wrong answer. One girl said this:

okay well let's see, I would first start off by looking into the definition of bioinformatics, and how it works....why do our top scientific researchers need it and use it daily? that then rolls into your hypothesis... (a prediction based on a certain scenario.....for example I bet if i put an alka seltzer tablet into a bottle of soda it will explode)... that's a hypotheis... an "if" "then" statement....
for example on how it relates to this specific topic....
Since bioinformatics is
the application of computer technology to the management of biological information,
If I use bioinformatics to keep track of my experiments, THEN it will better help my team and I with categorizing results when formulating new scientific theories

does that make sense?
Thanks. That actually confuses me a little more. Your part is to do one slide (bullet points) and the speaker notes. That I understand.

Is you part to explain why the selected question is relevant to the field of bioinformatics

and

you have to formulate the hypothesis?

Are you the only one formulating the hypothesis for the group? How are the others answering their parts if they don't have a hypothesis to follow? I guess I don't know where you are coming from, medical research or medical facilities, or even a pharmacy. For example, a pharmacy would like to know this information in order to have sufficient medical supplies on hand.

If the number of new cases of diabetes over a two month period is known then more exact predictions can be made for the ordering of diabetes medication.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The others were given their own parts--I am the only one formulating the hypothesis. Since I have no idea how these systems work, I don't know how they are doing their parts. I just have to provide info for one slide--no one else is doing this part, they are doing their own, (such as one had to come up with the question that this EMR system will answer). That's about all I know about electronic medical records systems.

I also have to explain why the selected question is relevant to the field of bioinformatics and do the hypothesis. It seems like another senseless waste of time. But I needed it yesterday and was in the hospital, so anything will help :-) I will add the bonus to it when it's done!

I'll do my best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know you will do great--you always do :-) No response needed.

I actually have to respond to you or I can't respond to any other customers. It blocks me from doing that until I say something back to you. If you say something now, I'll have to reply again. So, from my side ... no response needed.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience: 20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The response is saving but will not let me go past that point. What should I do? Excellent, by the way!

Not sure what you are asking. Are you saying you can't save the file?

If that is the case, I can try mediafire.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I saved the file--no problem. It did not want to save my rating or let me add your bonus. But when you responded, they are both here now. Sooo... Thanks! You are awesome!!

ok