Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience

9.) For many years the price of medical care in the United

9.) For many years the price of medical care in the United States has:

A. risen at the same rate as the overall price level.

B. risen at a faster rate than the overall price level.

C. risen, but at a slower rate than the overall price level.

D. fallen.

10.) The health care market is characterized by:

A. extensive negative externalities.

B. significant positive externalities.

C. perfect knowledge by both buyers and sellers.

D. a perfectly inelastic demand.

Kara is considering migrating to another country. Which of the following represents a cost she will face if she decides to move?

A. Financial expenditures to transport herself and her belongings to her new country.

B. The income she currently earns in her home country.

C. The application fee for a green card.

D. All of these.

19.) A person will be more likely to migrate the: 

A. greater the distance they will have to travel from their country of origin.

B. greater the wages in their prospective new country relative to wages in their home country.

C. fewer the number of beaten paths that exist to their prospective new country.

D. greater the number of children they have.

20.) "Beaten paths" from one country to another: 

A. discourage migration to that country because of a perception that all of the good jobs have already been taken.

B. discourage migration by increasing the cost of moving.

C. encourage migration by providing employment contacts and job information.

D. are more prevalent the greater the distance between the two countries.

21.) Which of the following statements is true about migration behavior? 

A. Older workers are more likely to migrate than younger workers.

B. Migrants are more likely to migrate to countries farther rather than nearer to their home country.

C. Single workers are more likely to migrate than workers with spouses and children.

D. Workers are less likely to migrate where "beaten paths" exist.

22.) Immigrants tend to choose countries closer to their country of origin because: 

A. bordering countries always have high wage rates.

B. there are fewer beaten paths to nearby countries, and therefore better prospects of finding a good job.

C. neighboring countries usually speak the same language.

D. migration costs tend to be directly related to distance from the country of origin.

23.) "Backflows" occur when: 

A. two countries send immigrants to each other in approximately equal numbers.

B. physical capital flows into a country that has lost labor due to migration.

C. immigrants send financial payments back to family in their country of origin.

D. migrants return to their home country.

24.) "Remittances" occur when: 

25.) Compensating wage differentials: 

A. refer to the wage premium given to domestic-born workers.

B. refer to the wage premium necessary to attract illegal immigrant workers.

C. discourage illegal immigrants from entering low wage labor markets.

D. will attract U.S. workers to undesirable jobs if the differential over less unpleasant work is sufficiently high.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience