R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

Expected Return Standard Deviation Lo-Risk Fund (LRF) .10

Expected Return Standard Deviation
Lo-Risk Fund (LRF) .10 .18
Hi-Risk Fund (HRF) .20 .34

you know that the correlation between returns from LRF and HRF is 0.15. (Covariance is 0.00918.) a. What is the expected return of a portfolio that is 60% LRF and 40% HRF? What is the standard deviation of this portfolio? b. What makes a portfolio efficient? The minimum risk portfolio of LRF and HRF contains 82% LRF and 18% HRF. Is the portfolio you derived in part a. an efficient combination of the two funds? Briefly explain. (You should be able to answer this question without further calculations.) c. Suppose Treasury Bills are also available. They return 4% and are risk-free. Create a portfolio from HRF and Treasury Bills with the same expected return as the portfolio in part a. Is this portfolio superior to the portfolio in part a.? Support your answer with appropriate analysis.

I could help with this too. Could you please go back to the first problem of this set, one about risk diversification which I answered today, and let me know if you received my response?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is the response suppose to be? Email or is it regarding the 'X and Y are two individual stocks' question? if its about that question yes I did receive it thanks!!

Yes, it was about 'X and Y are two individual stocks' which I posted answer for. Could you please go back to that thread and let me know if you needed any additional information before you accepted or rated that answer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the answer was perfect actually. No additional information is required.

Ok, great. I'm working on this question now. Would post the answer soon.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok excellent thanks.

Welcome :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think you can do the other question I posted also? Is that one feasible as well today?

Ok, I'll review that after I've completed this one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem. I'm almost finished here.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Thanks for the rating and bonus, I've responded to your other question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how come you charged me an extra 50 dollars for my other question?