R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

I need help with a chemist project. Its called Indigestion

I need help with a chemist project. Its called Indigestion and Titration: An Acid-Base Titration. As a Lead Analytical Chemist I have to test 5 antacids with a back-titration that works. The following is provided: Each antacid is mixed with 40 mL of 0.1 M HCl so to see how much extra help each antacid pill needs to neutralize 40mL of 0.1 M HCL, I add 0.05 M NaOH drop by drop to back titrate the solution until the pH is neutral. The results are: Maalox/ Tums/ Mylanta/ CVS Brand/ Rennies

Mass of one 20.0g 21.0g 18.0g 18.3g 17.5g

dose

Antacid mL NaOH 24.1mL 22.4mL 20.0mL 19.9mL 24.4mL

used in back

titration

1. Which is the strongest antacid on a single dose basis? Which is the weakest? Explain and show calculations.

2. Which are the strongest and weakest on a by-weight(mass) basis? Explain and show calculations.

3. What might you use in the above experiment to get a color change to happen in the solution? At what pH would the solution have been neutral?

4. If you only had 0.1 M sulfuric acid available to run the tests, how would this have affected your calculations? Why?

The goal is to descibe precisely the tests of antacids in less than 150 words. Results need to be major findings from the tests and how the tests were performed

Thank you for your help, I am extremely confused.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.