Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

Help w/ Penn Foster Exam #00601800

Help w/ Penn Foster Exam #00601800

1. Because components aren’t always represented by standardized _______, a troubleshooter must
be able to determine a component’s identity by its location or connection to other components in the
system.
A. symbols C. facsimiles
B. figures D. marks

2. When troubleshooting a portion of an industrial process, it’s important to remember that a(n) _______
can cause a good electrical component to appear faulty.
A. process problem C. steady voltage
B. abnormal output D. process control diagram

3. If you’re troubleshooting a lighting system in an industrial setting and no electrical drawing is
available, how should you locate the source of electrical power for the lighting?
A. Call the power company.
B. Short out the conductor to see which breaker trips.
C. Call in another troubleshooter.
D. Follow the conduit path.

4. Before initiating any tests, the troubleshooter should be able to _______ in the system.
A. point to and identify each component
B. operate any piece of equipment
C. energize every component
D. work on running equipment
5. Flash burns, which can result if a short occurs, are prevented by not approaching any closer than the
A. passed approach zone. C. flash prevention zone.
B. flash protection boundary. D. restricted protection boundary.
6. A troubleshooter must master the art of _______ to successfully communicate his or her assessment of
a problem to the individual responsible for the operation of the faulty equipment.
A. self-denial C. sociability
B. interpersonal skills D. customer relations
7. A logical method of approach followed by troubleshooters working on somewhat complex electrical
systems is considered to be ________-based.
A. random C. chance
B. history D. process
8. When comparing chance methods of approach to troubleshooting, the _______-based approach is
somewhat more refined than the random approach.
A. chance C. research
B. history D. session
9. To confirm there’s a closed path in a control circuit, an industrial troubleshooter might employ a
A. chance approach. C. random approach.
B. scale. D. continuity tester.
10. When troubleshooting a complex process-control system, mechanical tasks, such as opening or closing
valves, or adjusting flow, level, or pressure controls, should only be attempted by the
A. system operator. C. electrical troubleshooter.
B. maintenance supervisor. D. plant manager.
11. A positioning robot in an industrial painting process isn’t completing its typical range of motion, though
the robot’s programming hasn’t been modified. A troubleshooter familiar with the robot’s normal behavior
is called in to evaluate the problem. One of the first thngs he does is compare the current operation with
the normal operation. This is an example of a _______ approach to troubleshooting.
A. historical C. process
B. planned D. documented
12. The level of _______ transferred to a person is what can be fatal in an electrical-shock accident.
A. continuity C. resistance
B. current D. ground-fault

13. A troubleshooter is investigating a faulty lighting system in a store. After locating and identifying the
components that may be responsible for the faulty system, the next fundamental step she should follow is
A. replace or repair the components. C. identify the problem.
B. test the components. D. understand the system or equipment.
14. _______ don’t follow the fundamental steps of troubleshooting or the basic methods of approach.
A. Logical troubleshooters C. Systematic approaches
B. Service technicians D. Parts changers
15. An industrial system is rated at 600 V. The system includes a partially exposed terminal block that’s
mounted on a bulkhead. A new electrical apprentice, who isn’t considered to be qualified according to
OSHA’s standards, approaches the energized block. The closest the apprentice should come to the
block is _______ inches.
A. 24 C. 42
B. 36 D. 54
16. When testing for continuity, the conductor being tested provides the _______ to close the circuit between
the tester’s two contact points.
A. energy C. return circuit path
B. voltage drop D. battery power
17. When faced with troubleshooting a complex industrial system, a good troubleshooter knows to
A. eliminate the distraction caused by having one or more operators present.
B. begin by replacing all inexpensive parts directly related to the problem.
C. mentally divide the system into logical sections.
D. first confirm that the system truly doesn’t work by running it.
18. Using electrical meters to measure higher levels of voltage or amperage than their operating limits permit
can destroy the meter and cause
A. the readings to be up to 10 percent too high.
B. damage to the component being tested.
C. excess equipment downtime.
D. injury to the user.
19. While troubleshooting a circuit supplying a circulation pump, the electrician encounters a tripped circuit
breaker. The circuit breaker can be reset, but _______ until all suspect components have been tested
and all defects addressed.
A. components shouldn’t be removed from the system
B. power shouldn’t be restored to the system
C. customers shouldn’t be informed of the blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker
D. a more experienced troubleshooter shouldn’t be called

20. Locating the faulty area requires the troubleshooter to have the ability to identify components as well as
being able to ________ the system into functional zones that can be checked for proper operation.
A. mechanically separate C. physically isolate
B. electrically disconnect D. mentally divide

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have answers to any of these exams:

05002200

06100801

XXXXXXX

05002800

02604300

00680900

05403400

00602900

08605500

06186800

00401402

08600300

00768000

02530301

06104700

Please let me know which ones you have and how much they will cost..

thank you

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Emily,

I just saw your reply. After doing a quick check, It doesn't appear that I have any of these exams on file. I would suggest that you post these exams separately with questions and multiple choices, as you did with exam #00601800. If the exam is a project or essay, post the link to the study guide, so experts can see the instructions/details. It's up you to assign a value, but when doing so, consider the amount of work required for the particular exam. Good luck on these exams!

-Chris M.