Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

1. Which one of the following is generally the best method

1. Which one of the following is generally the best method for locating information about a client’s criminal record?
A. Accessing the National Crime Information Center database B. Searching state criminal indexes C. Hiring a professional investigator D. Askingtheclientfortheinformation
2. Roger robbed a corner food market with a toy gun. However, the police mistakenly shot the storeowner instead of Roger when they arrived on the scene. Under which one of the follow- ing theories could Roger be charged with murder?
A. Transferred intent B. Intervening cause C. Felony murder doctrine D. Plain view doctrine
EXAMINATION NUMBER:
00804300
Whichever method you use in submitting your exam answers to the school, you must use the number above.
For the quickest test results, go to http://www.takeexamsonline.com
63
Examination
3. Sue was a witness in her boyfriend’s robbery trial. Sue testified under oath that she and her boyfriend were together at a party at the time the robbery was committed. In fact, Sue was out of town and has no idea where her boyfriend was at the time of the robbery. Which one of the following crimes could Sue be charged with?
A. Contempt C. Obstruction of justice B. Bribery D. Perjury
4. John is in jail awaiting trial for a misdemeanor charge. The court doesn’t think there’s a high chance that John will attempt to leave town. Which one of the following would most likely be the amount of bail granted for this case?
A. $1 million C. O.R. release B. $50,000 D. Bail would be denied.
5. A suspect is arrested and brought to the police station. Although the suspect doesn’t want to, the police force the man to give a blood sample. The defense attorney says this is a violation of the client’s Fifth Amendment rights. The prosecuting attorney says that an arrestee can be forced to participate in this activity under the law. Which one of the attorneys is correct?
A. The defense attorney is correct. C. Both attorneys are correct. B. The prosecuting attorney is correct. D. Neither attorney is correct.
6. Which one of the following amendments to the U.S. Constitution prohibits police from knocking down a person’s front door and looking through his or her house without a search warrant?
A. First C. Fourth B. Third D. Sixth
7. In which one of the following conditions would a person who committed a crime be held criminally liable?
A. While under hypnosis C. While asleep B. While tired after a long day at work D. As a reflex
8. Which one of the following procedures would take place during the booking process?
A. The Miranda warnings would be given. B. A stop and frisk would be performed. C. The suspect would give an affidavit. D. Ahealthscreeningwouldbeadministered.
9. The dead body in a crime is also called the
A. corpus delicti. B. mens rea.
C. elements of a crime. D. fruit of the poisonous tree.
64
Examination
10. If the police seize evidence in violation of the U.S. Constitution, which one of the following rules says this evidence can’t be used at trial?
A. Wrongful seizure rule C. Exclusionary rule B. Illegal evidence rule D. Omission rule
11. A grand jury serves which one of the following purposes?
A. Decides whether the accused should be charged with a crime B. Determines the competency of the defense attorney C. Decides whether an accused is guilty or innocent D. Determines the amount of bail that will be set for the case
12. Alex set his business on fire to get the insurance money. If the police want to find out why Alex committed this act, they want to learn the
A. motive. C. mens rea. B. actus reus. D. intervening cause.
13. Taking fingerprints isn’t a violation of the protection against self-incrimination because it’s A. voluntary. C. nontestimonial.
B. procedure. D. permanent.
14. A reporter witnesses a crime occurring while he’s covering a story. Attorney A says the reporter has a duty to step in and stop the crime because a duty is created by the nature of the reporter’s job. Attorney B says the reporter has to step in and help only if the crime is occurring within 500 feet of the location of his story. Which one of the attorneys is correct?
A. Attorney A is correct. C. Both attorneys are correct. B. Attorney B is correct. D. Neither attorney is correct.
15. The police want to search a barn 50 feet from a person’s home, but they aren’t sure whether the barn is within the curtilage of the home. Under which one of the following search warrant exceptions would this distinction be important?
A. Plain view C. Emergency situations B. Trash D. Open fields
16. Harold was charged with rape. However, his mother helped arrange for him to fly to Europe and he avoided being apprehended by the police. Which one of the following crimes could Harold’s mother be charged with?
Examination
65
17. Joe is arrested and given the Miranda warnings. He decides he doesn’t want a lawyer present during questioning. Which one of the following would the police ask Joe
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome to JA. My name is Greg.

It looks like your questions were cut off at #17 - can you post the complete set here for us to look at for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
17. Joe is arrested and given the Miranda warnings. He decides he doesn’t want a lawyer present during questioning. Which one of the following would the police ask Joe to sign?
A. Attorney refusal form C. Information sheet B. Waiver form D. Privacy denial sheet
18. Patty’s mother signed over her house to a bond seller for Patty’s bail. In this case, the house is called
A. judgment. C. a loan. B. payment. D. collateral.
19. In which one of the following situations do the Miranda warnings need to be given?
A. By a boss before questioning a worker
B. By police before engaging a suspect in general questioning
C. By a government official before questioning a suspect in custody D. The Miranda warnings must be given in all circumstances.
20. If the police can easily see illegal drugs when they’re inside a person’s house, the police can legally take these drugs. Which one of the following doctrines allows this to happen?
A. The illegal drugs doctrine C. The plain view doctrine
B. The open fields doctrine D. The stop and frisk doctrine
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)