Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL

Hello Again, Need some help with this problem. Link attached

Hello Again,
Need some help with this problem. Link attached to see problem on wikisend 16 Prob 16.10.docx

Let me know if you can help.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional, LogicPro, a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, could you also upload the pages with the 3 algorithm listings? What language and compiler are we using?
Ingo U
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Ingo,

The language is Python and I am using Idle 3.3.0 compiler. I will load the three programs that I need to use together to calculate the time difference on wikisend.

The algorithms are 16.4, 16.5, 16.6

I am currently working on combining the programs but must display them as I indicated in my request.

Hi Tony,
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the files. Is it OK if I get you the code tomorrow?
Also, since the desired output refers to the numbered algorithms, can you confirm that:
16.4 ==
16.5 ==
16.6 ==

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ingo,

My due date isnt until Thursday so we have time.

16.4 should be the primenumbers

16.5 is Efficient Prime

16.6 is Sieve

My mistake on that.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For the time I thought about importing time and using the following code:

startTime = time.time()

whatever I want to time here

endTime = time.time()

elapsed = endTime - startTime

then my display code here

I am working on my display as shown

You're on the right path - I'm taking the same approach.
What do you think of this:

be patient, the first algorithm takes a couple of minutes!

Ingo U
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well you beat me but I can see we were on the same path. Can you explain the use of the ## XXXXX your loops? I have never used those before and I notice if I take them out I get indent errors.

The program works great!

Sure, the ## XXXXX used to comment out a region (i.e. range of consecutive lines).
I did that to eliminate all the print statements so we only get the desired output.
You can just delete the lines starting with ##, they aren't doing anything

BTW, if you highlight a range of lines and press Alt-3, it puts ## XXXXX front of every one of those lines. If you type Alt-4, it takes them back out (for the selected lines).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I use a single # XXXXX to comment out code and I understand that part. But there is code that is clearly required that has two # XXXXX front of it as shown.

count += 1
## if count % 10 == 0:
## #print(i)
## else:
## #print(str(i) + " ", end = "")

#print("\n" + str(count) +
# " prime(s) less than or equal to " + str(n))

I was trying to take out the ## XXXXX ran into indent errors. Once I put them back in everything worked again. I was trying to understand their function in this code.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I get it now. ## XXXXX the same thing as #.

I left the code in mine also and commented it out. I didnt realize that ## XXXXX the same. I should have seen that it was not doing anything when it was red out.

Thanks for the great explanation.

Pleasure to work with you, AND THANKS FOR THE BONUS! Please feel free to request me directly at

if you'd like to work with me on a future project. If you do, just to be sure, put "FOR INGO ONLY" at the beginning of the subject line.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A pleasure working with you as well. I will have some other projects next week and the week after.

So I will talk with you soon. Thanks for the link,