Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.

"For Ray Atkinson"

I am here. I am ready when you are

Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
I'm very sorry. I homeschool my daughter, and she needed me with her composition unit. It was due last week.

Let me know when you can be here tomorrow, and I will be here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about sometime around 2pm(PST)?

I will be here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am back.

Let me know what you need. I am writing up the answer for the other Question now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait for you if you need some time to finish the question. This is similar kind of questions to the once you need the other day.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Let me when you are finish.

The other one is done. Let me know when you need here and I will get on it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. (TCO 7) Which of the following statements is true given that the Sun produces energy by converting four protons into a Helium nucleus? (Points : 3)

The collision of one hydrogen atom with another is very likely.
While challenging, it is not too difficult to collide four protons together at once to make Helium in one step.
Many individual interactions take a long time to occur, but the Sun is able to shine because it is composed of a massive amount of material.
Once you get the process going, the required interactions happen very quickly.

2. (TCO 7) After leaving the central part of the Sun, the Sun's energy is transported to the surface by means of (Points : 2)

nuclear fusion.

3. (TCO 7) Small convection cells near the surface of the Sun cause (Points : 2)

the circulating pattern of material in the convection zone.
vibrations of the Sun that can be used to study the interior.
a pattern of light and dark cells and region called granulation.
a pattern of light and dark regions called sunspots.

4. (TCO 7) Sunspots are caused by the Sun's magnetic field (Points : 2)

inhibiting the motion of the Sun's hot gasses which results in slightly cooler regions on the surface.
halting the flow of photons from certain regions of the Sun.
raising the temperature of the sunspots so that they shine in the ultraviolet and appear dark.
ejecting hot material in flares which is then replaced by cooler, darker material.

5. Where on the Sun are spicules found? (Points : 2)

Solar Wind

6. How long on average is the sunspot cycle? (Points : 2)

11 years
22 years
170,000 years
30 days

7. Which of the following particles interact weakly with matter? (Points : 2)

gamma rays

8. (TCO 5 - You must show your work for full credit.) Assume that the surface of all the planets and the Sun behave like blackbodies. How much more light (per square meter) is emitted by the Sun (5800 Kelvin) than by the Earth (280 Kelvin)? (Points : 5)

9. (TCO 5) Discuss why it is important to understand the processes at work in other planets in order to understand those at work on the Earth, and provide one example to elaborate upon. (Points : 10)

Okay. Most of these are easy, and the rest will take some research. When do you need it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible for me to get it back in an hour?

I will do what I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience: Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! I knew that is going to be the toughest.

Did I explain the answer well enough? I had to include the radii of the Earth and the Sun to solve it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was all right. I should have given you the formula, but you did all right.

I learned long ago that you don't have to know everything - you just have to know where to find it. This is why my daughter started doing research papers in 4th grade: she is learning where to find it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are right. If you know where to find your information, it will take you a long ways.