Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Degrees in Math, Education and Accounting, years and years of tutoring.
29937297

Astronomy

7.  (TCO 5) Which of the following statements about Pluto is false? (Points : 2)

Pluto's orbit crosses the orbit of Neptune.
       Pluto has a relatively large moon that is half its diameter and 10% of its mass.   
       Pluto's rotation axis is aligned with its orbital axis. 
       Pluto rotates at the same rate that its moon orbits.  

4. (TCO 5) Which of the following statements about the rings of Jupiter is false? (Points : 2)

Jupiter's ring is made of smaller particles than Saturn's rings.
       All of the particles in Jupiter's ring rotate with the same period. 
       Jupiter's ring was discovered in the early part of the 1900's. 
       Jupiter's ring must be resupplied by dust from an outside source.

12. (TCO 1) You must show your work for full credit.) Suppose you observe a planet whose orbital characteristics and atmospheric conditions are similar to, but not identical to, Mars. This planet's atmosphere is 100% carbon dioxide. During the summer in the southern hemisphere the average surface temperature is 200 Kelvins and the atmospheric pressure is 700 Pascals (Pascals are Newtons per square meter). Boltzmann's constant, in appropriate units, is 1.38e-23. a) Calculate the density of carbon dioxide molecules in the planet's atmosphere (the answer should be the number of molecules per cubic meter). b) At the equinox of the planet the temperature has risen to 225 Kelvins and the density of carbon dioxide has increased to 3.17e23 molecules per cubic meter. What is the atmospheric pressure on the planet at the equinox? c) The planet then moves to the winter season in the southern hemisphere, the atmospheric pressure drops to 825 Pascals while the density drops to 2.85e23 molecules per cubic meter. What is the average surface temperature on the planet during this season? (Points : 3)
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ray Atkinson replied 1 year ago.
I have the first four done. The last one it going to take me a little longer. When do you need it done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you can do it in 8 minutes, that's fine. Otherwise, give me what you have.

I have been researching the appropriate formulas, and I will get it to you. The first four answers are.

6 A
7 C
8 C
4 C
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Go ahead and give me the last one as soon as you can.

I'm trying. The units are not lining up. I'm working on it. Sorry for the delay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry. Don't worry about that one.

Try this one instead:

10. (TCO 5) Describe and compare three different populations of asteroids (not classes that are defined by their spectra, but populations defined by their orbital properties). Describe the orbital properties of these different populations. What effect, if any, might these asteroid populations have on the Earth?
I got the answers to it anyway.
2.53 x 10^23
985 P
153 K

This last one is going to take a bit more research.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

The third answer is not 153 K, but 210 K

Also, are you given a list of the three categories?
Oh! Are you just supposed to choose three of the many groups?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You pretty much already finished the question.

I'm willing to do the asteroid question too, if you want. There are many orbital classes of asteroid, from Apoheles out to the Oort Cloud. Do you just need to pick three of them and compare them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that's exactly the case.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience: Degrees in Math, Education and Accounting, years and years of tutoring.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks! That looks great. I will go ahead and complete the process.

Look me up if you need me again. I really enjoy astronomy. The math in it is beautiful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What about tomorrow?

I'll be here. I homeschool my daughter, so I live in front of the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What about sometime around 1pm PST?

That should be fine. What kind of assignment?

Don't forget to rate this one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is similar to this one. It is a combination of multiple choice questions, math formulas and short essay. This is about sun, solar neutrinos, outer layer 1, 2 and 3(Photosphere, Chromosphere and Corona) , Solar Flares, solar systems, blackbody radiation, radioactivity and Planetology.