Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Degrees in Math, Education and Accounting, years and years of tutoring.

Can anyone help me with Astronomy? Please see link. I need

Customer Question

Can anyone help me with Astronomy? Please see link. I need stage one by friday. http://ge.tt/8s8ZJvW/v/0
Category: Homework
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I think i can help with this

What is the deadline for this?

Regards
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry
But i am "opting out" of the question as i see that you have 50% positive ratings . Most of the customer have > 90%.
I missed seeing that before.

Good luck with other experts.
Thanks
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have a few more days to get this done.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Ray Atkinson replied 1 year ago.
Confirm that you only need questions one through three done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Stages 1,2 and 3 is what I need done.

Thank you

I think I understand. You need stage 1 done some time tomorrow, and the rest can take more time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

correct. i would like the rest by this tuesday. will that work?

I think that can be arranged. I will get on the first part quickly. Is there a deadline today?

There is a serious error in the instructions. "Solving for the mass, we get M1 = p2 / a3." This is inverted. The correct formula is M = a³ / p². Point it out to your instructor for bonus points.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay i will. i just need it by 10 tonight

Reading through the rest of this, I am going to need more information.

I need to know the list of observatories "mentioned in our textbook," so I can pick one.

I need to know the instructions for the "moon observation activity," and probably need your location.

I think stage 2, question 2 is something you are going to need to do yourself, as all the information is on your end.

The "star count activity" in stage 3 is also going to need instructions. I hope that my location being different from yours is not going to cause problems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i can get it to u later today.

I will be glad to help as soon as you get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will do the last part just send me the rest. I will do stage 2 question 2 my self. My location is Nevada. Your location will be fine for any observations.

Here are the answers for stage 1. Enter them in the places they need to go. If you need me to upload the file instead, let me know.

9.3 cm

100 cm

1,395,000 km

"The actual diameter of the sun is(NNN) NNN-NNNNkm, which is not far off of my calculations, since I used a full meter as the image distance. Since you are dividing by the distance, changing that will greatly affect the accuracy. Increasing that distance would improve the accuracy."

1/1091 s.m.u.

1.823 x 10^27 kg

"The actual value for the mass of Jupiter is 1.898 * 1027 kg. I'm happy with that result."

As for Stage 3, I still need the instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All are in this doc. http://ge.tt/2lPaqDX/v/0

Not to contradict you, but the instructions are not in that file. It appears to only be the answer sheet.

stages.docx reads "1. Data and results from your star count activity: "

What am I suposed to be doing with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is all the instructions that the professor gave us.

Try uploading the file again. I got a file called "stages.docx" which just gave places to write in the answers for the star count activity, but did not say how to do the activity. Did you get a separate page of instructions, or could they be in a textbook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here is Stage 2 and 3. It has a better explanation. Let me know if this helps. I need stage 2 and 3 by sat 5pm

http://ge.tt/584AHbX/v/0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get it?

Very strange. I got it now, but it did not appear on my screen until this morning. I'm getting on it right away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Just an update.
This has been a bit of a challenge, considering that the experiment, as designed, requires direct observations of the night sky from three different locations. Normally, doing those would be little trouble, except that we are expecting 8 inches of snow tonight and there will be no clear sky anywhere in the area.
Therefore, I am working backwards. I researched the level of light pollution and determined the general number of stars visible, and will do the computations to get the answers for your worksheet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay. thanks for the update.

L=27.8 cm, W=3.5 cm.
Observation 1 is in the city at 9pm. 1.9 stars average, giving a calculated total of 192 stars in the entire sky.
Observation 2 is also in the city, but on the edge of a residential neighborhood. 4.3 average sample, 434 total.
Observation 3 is out of the city, but some city glow still above. 5.4 average, 545 total.

The first number is XXXXX average for here in the city from my memory. I do look at the stars a lot myself. The other locations are descriptions of places around here and reasonable estimates from my judgment.

There are currently 863 exoplanets. Most have been detected by either the slight wobble that the planets cause on the star, or by the change in luminosity of the star when the planet moves in front of it. Most exoplanets are around stars similar to the sun. Very few of the exoplanets are like Earth, but that is because they would be much harder to find that Jupiter sized planets are.

The biggest problem with human interplanetary flight is the sheer distances involved. Just getting to Mars is a 14 month trip each way, minimum. The fastest probe sent (Voyager 1) is moving about 10 miles a second, and would take 72000 years to get to the nearest star.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is this stage 3? What city/state did you observe this in? I need stage 2 first. That is the one I have to turn in by tomorrow night.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience: Degrees in Math, Education and Accounting, years and years of tutoring.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

You are very welcome. Remember to rate the answer, and keep my in mind if you need help in the future.