Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

Exam 00602700 - I really had trouble with this lesson, id like

Exam 00602700 - I really had trouble with this lesson, id like to match up an expert's answers to mine. Quickly please.

1. If you were to mount a nonmetallic box to the front of a stud, what type of bracket should the box have?
2. In order to join a section of rigid conduit to a section of EMT, you'll need a
A. connector.
B. bushing.
C. combination coupling.
D. conduit body.
3. Imagine that you're installing armor cable on a job. In order to do this, you'll require boxes that have
A. type L clamps.
B. type N clamps.
C. type BN clamps.
D. type X clamps.
4. At what height are light switches usually mounted in a room?
A. Between 24 inches and 30 inches above the floor
B. Between 36 inches and 42 inches above the floor
C. Between 48 inches and 52 inches above the floor
D. Between 52 inches and 60 inches above the floor
5. Suppose that you need to splice two large wires at a point of severe strain. To do this job properly, you'll need to use a
A. split-bolt connector.
B. setscrew connector.
C. pressure-type butt connector.
D. twist-on connector.
6. The minimum volume of a 4-inch × 21/8-inch × 17/8-inch device box is
A. 7.5 cubic inches.
B. 10.0 cubic inches.
C. 12.5 cubic inches.
D. 13.0 cubic inches.
7. Which one of the following organizations tests electrical equipment for compliance with accepted standards?
A. The National Fire Prevention Association
B. Underwriters' Laboratories, Inc.
C. The National Electrical Manufacturers Association
D. Certified Ballast Manufacturers
8. Which one of the following combinations of bends in a conduit run would require the use of a pull box?
A. Two 90-degree bends and four 45-degree bends
B. Two 90-degree bends and five 30-degree bends
C. Three 60-degree bends and two 45-degree bends
D. Three 90-degree bends and four 30-degree bends
9. Two No. 12 wires running through an outlet box will require a free space volume of
A. 2 cubic inches.
B. 2.25 cubic inches.
C. 4.5 cubic inches.
D. 5.0 cubic inches.
10. A straight pull box is to be used in a 4-inch conduit run that will carry No. 2 cables. The pull box must have a minimum length of
A. 6 inches.
B. 16 inches.
C. 32 inches.
D. 36 inches.
11. Which of the following types of boxes can be used without having to mount the boxes themselves?
A. FS and FD boxes
B. Device and handy boxes
C. Square and octagonal boxes
D. Circular and ceiling boxes
12. A box that has self-contained cable clamps holds two light switches. A two-wire No. 12 cable with ground feeds the box, and a pair of two-wire No. 12 cables (four conductors) with ground wires leave the box to feed the light fixtures. The second switch is fed by a No. 12 jumper wire from the first switch. Which of the following box combinations would furnish the minimum allowable volume?
A. Two 3-inch × 2-inch × 11/2-inch gangable device boxes
B. Two 3-inch × 2-inch × 21/4-inch gangable device boxes
C. Two 3-inch × 2-inch × 21/2-inch gangable device boxes
D. Two 3-inch × 2-inch × 23/4-inch gangable device boxes
13. Preparing a wire by coating it with solder is called
A. tinning the wire.
B. oxidizing the wire.
C. galvanizing the wire.
D. fluxing the wire.
14. When you're using a threaded pulling elbow with EMT, which of the following types of fittings must be used to fasten the conduit to the elbow?
A. A coupling
B. A connector
C. A bushing
D. A drive strap
15. The minimum outlet box depth that can be used in old work is
A. 1/4 inch.
B. 1/2 inch.
C. 1 inch.
D. 1 1/2 inch.
16. Approximately what length of sheathing should be removed from a cable before the cable is installed in a box?
A. 2 inches
B. 5 inches
C. 8 inches
D. 10 inches
17. Which of the following types of outlet boxes are normally used as junction boxes?
A. Device boxes and handy boxes
B. Device boxes and circular boxes
C. Square boxes and octagonal boxes
D. Square boxes and circular boxes
18. What is the maximum number of No. 10 wires that can enter a 4 × 11/2 octagon outlet box?
A. Two
B. Four
C. Five
D. Six
19. A fitting that's used as an access to the wiring from a ceiling fixture is called a(n)
A. locknut.
B. hickey.
C. stud.
D. adapter.
20. According to Table 3 in your study unit, the minimum free space volume required in a box for two No. 14 wires and two No. 10 wires is
A. 6 cubic inches.
B. 9 cubic inches.
C. 10 cubic inches.
D. 15 cubic inches.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how much longer does this take? i was under the impression it would take maybe a few hours, not days....

I apologize for the delay. Response times are typically quite fast, but may vary depending upon topic, number of Professionals online, question volume and other factors. We appreciate your patience while we continue searching for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please keep looking
Hi, do you have the reading material that goes along with this test? If it is a document, can you upload it using wikisend using these directions:
1. Go to
2. Click on the "Browse" Button
3. Find the file on your computer and select it - this will place the link in the box on the site.
4. Click on "Upload File"
5. This will then open a new window.
6. You will see a box that says "Download Link" - Copy and Paste that weblink in the box here for me.

I can then open your file onto my computer.
I would need to look over the text materials in order to try to assist with these questions as a couple require information from that reading.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for responding, i do not have this material in that form, its a book. You can just skip the questions that ask to "refer to figure___" and ill except it.

Let me provide what resource I can by tomorrow morning.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX school is not open at this time so i cant rate you yet but i will as soon as i can.

No problem. Feel free to request me anytime.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i probably would of done better with my own answers cause those gave me a 65 which is a failing grade. ill allow you to get paid though.