Dr. Amit
Dr. Amit, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MBBS, Technical Analyst, CFTE, Net Researcher, Assisted many with H.Work of various fields

1. Which of the following does not support evolution?

biogeography
the fossil record
comparative anatomy
radiometric dating
All of these choices are evidence of/support evolution.

2. Similarities in body parts often indicate shared ancestry. Which of the following is true?
Structures used for different purposes in different groups can be controlled by the same genes.
Homologous structures are similar structures that evolved from a common ancestor.
Morphological divergence can result from lack of gene flow/geographic isolation.
Analogous structures may have similar appearance and function but lack a common ancestor.
Similar body parts evolving independently is anatomical convergence.

3. A population is a group of interbreeding organisms (i.e. a species) occupying the same geographic area.
True
False

4. Select all of the correct/true answers.
The rate of mutation of a given species can be predicted.
Mutations are a source of new alleles and contribute to the biodiversity present on Earth today.
Mutations can be neutral, beneficial or harmful.
Mutations can consist of a change in the base sequence of DNA
Mutations that are negative can be favored by environmental conditions.

5. The population is the smallest unit capable of evolution.
True
False

6. Variation exhibited in shared traits present in a population:
is due to alleles of the shared genes.
can be influenced by interactions of alleles of multiple genes.
can be influenced by environmental factors.
none of these is correct.
Answers 1-3 are correct.

7. Select all that are correct.

Microevolution is:
the change in allele frequency in a population.
cannot occur if genetic equilibrium is reached.
results in the formation of a new species.
is influenced by mutations, genetic drift and gene flow.
is not affected by natural selection.

8. The peppered moth experiment was an example of directional selection; due to environmental conditions the directional selection shifted from one extreme to the other in 1850s England and post 1952 England.
True
False

9. Select all that are true/correct.

Antibiotic resistance is the result of:
natural selection
mutations, the only source of new genetic information available for bacteria.
rapid reproduction rates
variation in bacterial gene pools
selection pressure on thousands of generations of bacteria
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.

FiveStarLaw :

FiveStarLaw :

I may be able to assist you

FiveStarLaw :

Are there a total of 9 or 10 questions. Only 9 are indicated

Customer:

There are a total of 9 questions.

FiveStarLaw :

What time do you need the answers

Customer:

As soon as possible please.

FiveStarLaw :

I will work on this immediately

Customer:

Thank you.

FiveStarLaw :

I am going to move the question out of chat and into the typical question-and-answer - I will post the answers shortly

Customer:

Okay sounds good!

FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay I will rate my answer once it is received.

I am having difficulty verifying the correct answers. I am going to opt out so that another expert can assist you Your account has not been charged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. I've been waiting awhile and I leave for work soon so need these answers soon. Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Do you want me to help you on this?
I need to ASK because i had spent quite a time of mine, assisting you with your questions issue before (when your questions were getting closed due to subscription issue), where you actually requested me the same question. And that actually helped you.

But when you opened this question, you didn't write "For Dr. Amit" before your question, as i clearly informed you to.

So let me know what exactly you want. If you don't want me to help, let me know clearly as i don't want issues later on when you need to Click"Rate the answer" so that i get paid for my time spent answering you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I would like your help. I thought there was a specific area to request someone and did not know how to deny another expert's help when automatically assigned.

Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 1 year ago.
Alright.. But that's why i asked you to write "For Dr. Amit" before your question (in the heading)
That way you are directly requesting me and only one expert gets assigned.

I had started working on this already. Just a couple of minutes to go.
Kindly be online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This site is still new to me. Okay thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Dr. Amit, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: MBBS, Technical Analyst, CFTE, Net Researcher, Assisted many with H.Work of various fields
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 1 year ago.
Hello

i see you have you been able to see/download the answers .

Let me know if you need any more info regarding this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This was a practice exam and that was not worth points thankfully; however, was automatically graded and resulted in a 75%. So some of the answers were wrong. It does not show which ones were incorrect so I have no idea what the correct answers to these could have been. I will still pay for this but just note that they were not 100% correct.