akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert
46493125

1) The electron gun in an old TV picture tube accelerates electrons

1) The electron gun in an old TV picture tube accelerates electrons between two parallel plates 1.6cm apart with a 22kV potential difference between them. The electrons enter through a small hole in the negative plate, accelerate, then exit through a small hole in the positive plate. Assume that the holes are small enough not to affect the electric field or potential.

(a) What is the electric field strength between the plates? (the answer in N/C)
(b) With what speed does an electron exit the electron gun if its entry speed is close to zero? (the answer in m/s)

2) Two 13-cm-diameter electrodes 0.52cm apart form a parallel-plate capacitor. The electrodes are attached by metal wires to the terminals of a 15V battery. What are the charge on each electrode, the electric field strength inside the capacitor, and the potential difference between the electrodes.

(a) What are the charge on each electrode, the electric field strength inside the capacitor, and the potential difference between the electrodes while the capacitor is attached to the battery? (the answer in C)
(b) the answer in (V/m)
(c) the answer in (V)
(d) After insulating handles are used to pull the electrodes away from each other until they are 1.1cm apart? The electrodes remain connected to the battery during this process. (the answer in C)
(e) the answer in (V/m)
(f) the answer in (V)
(g) After the original electrodes (not the modified electrodes of part D) are expanded until they are 21 in diameter while remaining connected to the battery? the answer in (C)
(h) the answer in (V/m)
(i) the answer in (V)
Category: Homework
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using Justanswer.com.
Kindly time in hours by which you like to have answers for these questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is 12 hours enough for you?

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for prompt reply. I will reply by that time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is question 1:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

question 2:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I hope this will help

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
I will use it and reply by due time.
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying AU$4.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert