akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert
46493125

Does any one have answers for Penn Foster exams 00290300 and

Customer Question

Does any one have answers for Penn Foster exams 00290300 and 00290501?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.
A couple of questions while looking this prompt over

1) These tests change regularly. Can you provide the name of the test and, if possible, the test questions for me to look through my resources? If a file you can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com, box.com, or wikisend.com and share the link here. Or, you can copy and paste the questions here.

2) What is the deadline to have this resource returned to you?

:-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. Two electronics technicians are discussing the resistance of copper wire. Technician A says that the resistance of a copper wire decreases as its cross-sectional area increases. Technician B says that the resistance of a copper wire decreases as its length increases. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct.
C. Both of the technicians are correct.
D. Neither of the two technicians is correct.

2. A digital bathroom scale is an example of an application where a strain gage might be used. In this device, the weight on the scale is the stress, and the deformation of the gage is the

A. strain.
B. force.
C. pressure.
D. potential.

3. Two electronics technicians are comparing the advantages and disadvantages of analog and digital multimeters. Technician A says that an analog meter has greater accuracy and stability than a digital meter. Technician B says that an analog meter can track a varying signal better than a digital meter. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct.
C. Both of the technicians are correct.

FIGURE A-1—Use this illustration to answer Question 4.

4. Two electronics technicians are looking at the characteristic curves shown in Figure A-1. Technician A says that Curve 1 is the correct curve for a UJT. Technician B says that Curve 2 is the correct curve for a tunnel diode. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct.
C. Both of the technicians are correct.

FIGURE A-2—Use this illustration to answer Questions 5, 6, and 7.

5. Look at the illustration in Figure A-2. The element of the SCR that's connected to the junction of R1 and S2 in this diagram is called the

A. anode.
B. cathode.
C. emitter.
D. gate.

6. In Figure A-2, which of the following actions will cause bulb B1 to light and remain lit?

A. Pressing both S1 and S2 momentarily
B. Pressing and holding S1, and then momentarily pressing S2
C. Pressing and holding both S1 and S2
D. Pressing and holding S2, and then momentarily pressing S1

7. Suppose that bulb B1 in Figure A-2 is lit. If you momentarily press S2 at this time, what will happen?

A. Nothing will happen.
B. The bulb will dim.
C. The bulb will go out.
D. The bulb will blink.

FIGURE A-3—Use this illustration to answer Questions 8 and 9.

8. Two electronics technicians are discussing the wire resistance table shown in Figure A-3. Technician A says that the resistance of a 300-foot section of wire with a cross-sectional area of 642.40 circular mils will have a resistance of 16.46 ohms. Technician B says that a 500-foot section of wire with a cross-sectional area of 642.40 circular mils will have a resistance of 8.2 ohms. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct.
C. Both of the technicians are correct.

9. Refer again to the wire resistance table shown in Figure A-3. Technician A says that if 500 feet of number 18 wire and 1,000 feet of number 22 wire are connected in series, the approximate resistance of the combined 1,500-foot length of wire will be 20 ohms. Technician B says that if 200 feet of number 18 wire and 100 feet of number 22 wire are connected in series, the combined resistance of the 300-foot length of wire will be 3 ohms. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct.
C. Both of the technicians are correct.

FIGURE A-4—Use this illustration to answer Questions 10 and 11.

10. Look at the four schematic symbols shown in Figure A-4. All four of these devices

A. conduct current in only one direction.
B. are designed to operate in AC circuits only.
C. are used as replacements for relays.
D. exhibit negative resistance.

11. Two electronics technicians are looking at the four schematic symbols shown in Figure A-4. Technician A says that Symbol 1 is the symbol for a tunnel diode, and that Symbol 4 is the symbol for a TRIAC. Technician B says that Symbol 2 is the symbol for a UJT, and that Symbol 3 is the symbol for an SCR. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct.
C. Both of the technicians are correct.

FIGURE A-5—Use this illustration to answer Questions 12, 13, and 14.

12. Look at the circuit diagram shown in Figure A-5. With switch S1 closed, you disconnect jumper wire J2. Then, you connect your meter between points C and D andmeasure the current in the circuit. What current reading will your meter display?

A. 1 A
B. 0.5 A
C. 1,000 mA
D. 30 mA

13. In Figure A-5, with S1 closed and jumper wire J2 disconnected, what voltage will your meter measure across R2?

A. 15 V
B. 30 V
C. 0 V
D. 10 V

14. In Figure A-5, with S1 closed and jumper wires J1 and J2 both disconnected, what current will your meter measurebetween points A and B?

A. 750 mA
B. 500 mA
C. 1,000 mA
D. 0.5 A

15. Two electronics technicians are discussing the procedure that's used to measure resistance in a circuit. Technician A says that to ensure an accurate reading, it's important to start with the meter set to the highest resistance range and then decrease the range as necessary. Technician B says that to ensure an accurate reading, all power to the circuit must be turned off. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct.
C. Both of the technicians are correct.

FIGURE A-6—Use this illustration to answer Questions 16, 17, and 18.

16. Look at the circuit diagram shown in Figure A-6. What will happen in this circuit if switch S2 is pressed momentarily?

A. Bulb B1 will light up.
B. Bulb B1 will go out.
C. Bulb B1 will blink momentarily.
D. Nothing will happen.

17. In Figure A-6, what will happen if switch S1 is momentarily pressed?

A. Bulb B1 will light up for as long as the switch is pressed.
B. Bulb B1 will go out and remain out after S1 is released.
C. Bulb B1 will light up and remain lit after S1 is released.
D. Bulb B1 will go out, and then light up after S1 is released.

18. All of the componentsin Figure A-6 are operating correctly, and Bulb B1 is off. Which of the following actions must you take to make Bulb B1 light up?

A. Momentarily press switch S2 to de-energize RL1.
B. Momentarily press switch S1.
C. Press and hold switch S1.
D. Momentarily press switch S2 to energize RL1.

19. Two electronics technicians are discussing the resistance of copper wire. Technician A says that the resistance of copper wire increases as its cross-sectional area increases. Technician B says that the resistance of a copper wire decreases as its temperature decreases. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct.
C. Both of the technicians are correct.

FIGURE A-7—Use this illustration to answer Question 20.

20. Two electronics technicians are looking at the characteristic curves shown in Figure A-7. Technician A says that Curve 1 is the correct curve for an TRIAC. Technician B says that Curve 2 is the correct curve for an SCR. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct.
C. Both of the technicians are correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

FIGURE A-1—Use this illustration to answer Questions 1, 2, and 3.

1. Look at the circuit diagram shown in Figure A-1. An ammeter is being used to measure the current in the primary winding. The ammeter displays a reading of 2 A. Based on this ammeter reading, which of the following statements about the switch positions is correct?

A. Only switch S1 is closed.
B. Switch S1 and switch S2 are both closed.
C. Only switch S3 is closed.
D. All three of the switches are closed.

2. Look again at the circuit shown inFigure A-1. Assuming that switches S1, S2, and S3 are all closed, which of the following statements is correct?

A. Resistor R1 will reach the highest temperature.
B. Resistor R2 will reach the highest temperature.
C. Resistor R3 will reach the highest temperature.
D. All three resistors will reach approximately the same temperature.

3. In the circuit shown in Figure A-1, when all three switches are closed, the power in the primary circuits is

A. at maximum.
B. 200 W.
C. less than that of any single secondary winding.
D. reduced by eddy current losses.

FIGURE A-2—Use this illustration to answer Question 4.

4. A voltage of 100 VDC is applied across a resistor, and the temperature of the resistor is measured. Which of the voltage waveforms shown in Figure A-2, when applied across the resistor, would produce that same temperature?

A. Waveform 1 or waveform 3
B. Waveform 2 or waveform 3
C. Waveform 1 or waveform 2
D. Waveform 1, waveform 2, or waveform 3

FIGURE A-3—Use this illustration to answer Questions 5, 6, 7, and 8.

5. Look at the circuit that's shown in Figure A-3. The total impedance of this circuit is 100 . The value of the resistor is 100 , and the inductive reactance is 100 . What is the value of the capacitive reactance in the circuit?

A. 1,000
B. 100
C. 10
D. 1

6. What is the power factor of the circuit shown in Figure A-3?

A. 1,000
B. 100
C. 10
D. 1

7. If the supply voltage of the circuit shown in Figure A-3 is 10 VAC RMS, using the value for total impedance given previously what is the total circuit current?

A. 0.033 A
B. 0.1 A
C. 0.3 A
D. 1 A

8. If the value of the resistor in Figure A-3 was increased to 1,000 , the total impedance of the circuit would

A. be unaffected, since the values of C and L didn't change.
B. increase, because the total impedance of the circuit is equal to R.
C. be unaffected, since the frequency of the AC source didn't change.
D. increase, because the circuit isn't resonant.

FIGURE A-4—Use this illustration to answer Questions 9 and 10.

9. Look at the circuit that's shown in Figure A-4. When switch S1 is moved to the B position, how long will it take for the voltage across R1 to reach its maximum value?

A. 0.5 milliseconds
B. 10 milliseconds
C. 50 microseconds
D. 100 microseconds

10. In the circuit shown in Figure A-4, switch S2 is momentarily depressed and released to completely discharge capacitor C1 and capacitor C2. Switch S1 is then moved to the A position. The voltage across R1 will reach its maximum value

A. as soon as the switch is closed in the A position.
B. in 0.2 milliseconds.
C. only when the switch is moved back to the B position.
D. in 10 milliseconds.

FIGURE A-5—Use this illustration to answer Question 11.

11. Look at the voltage/current relationship displayed by the waveforms in Figure A-5. A circuit that has this voltage/current relationship is

A. resonant.
B. resistive.
C. capacitive.
D. inductive.

12. A parallel LC circuit is found to be resonant at 100 kHz. If you rearranged the circuit so that the inductor and the capacitor were connected in series,

A. the impedance would be decreased and the resonant frequency would be unchanged.
B. the impedance would be decreased and the resonant frequency would be changed.
C. the impedance would be increased and the resonant frequency would be unchanged.
D. the impedance would be increased and the resonant frequency would be changed.

13. Which of the following statements about capacitors is correct?

A. Capacitors in series add like resistors in parallel and inductors in series.
B. Capacitors in parallel add like resistors in parallel and inductors in parallel.
C. Capacitors in series add like resistors in series and inductors in series.
D. Capacitors in parallel add like resistors in series and inductors in series.

FIGURE A-6—Use this illustration to answer Questions 14 and 15.

14. Look at the four circuit diagrams that are shown in Figure A-6. Which one of these four circuits has the lowest value of capacitive reactance?

A. Circuit 1
B. Circuit 2
C. Circuit 3
D. Circuit 4

15. Which of the four circuits shown in Figure A-6 has the highest impedance value?

A. Circuit 1
B. Circuit 2
C. Circuit 3
D. Circuit 4

FIGURE A-7—Use this illustration to answer Questions 16 and 17.

16. Look at the circuit diagramthat's shown in Figure A-7. Suppose that switch S1 was moved to the A position. How long after switch S1 is moved to the A position will thecurrent through the inductor reach its steady-state value?

A. 5 microseconds
B. 10 microseconds
C. 25 microseconds
D. 50 microseconds

17. In the circuit shown in Figure A-7, immediately after switch S1 is moved to the B position,

A. the magnetic field surrounding L1 is at a minimum.
B. the voltage across R2 is at a minimum.
C. the magnetic field surrounding L1 is at a maximum.
D. the voltage across R1 is at a maximum.

18. Compared to a single-phase alternator, a three-phase alternator will generate

A. a higher output voltage.
B. three sine waves 120 degrees displaced.
C. a higher output current.
D. three sine waves delta-connected.

FIGURE A-8—Use this illustration to answer Questions 19 and 20.

19. Look at the circuitshown in Figure A-8. In this circuit, 100 VAC is applied to the primary of transformer T1. The turns ratio of T1 is 1 : 2, and you measure a voltage of 50 Vat points C and D. Based on this information, what must be the turns ratio betweenthe primary and secondary 1 of T2?

A. 1 : 1
B. 1 : 2
C. 1 : 4
D. 4 : 1

20. In the circuit shown in Figure A-8, suppose that you measured a voltage of 400 V across points E and F. Based on this reading, what must be the turns ratio between the primary and secondary 2 of T2?

A. 1 : 2
B. 2 : 1
C. 4 : 1
D. 1 : 4

Let me look at my resources. Be back to you shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I really just need the answers to test 00290501

I apologize as my reply was not shown earlier above.

I cannot see the diagrams above - any way to upload and share them with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure how could do that. Is there way to attach it,

If you have the document, you can use a file sharing site such as wikisend.com, box.com, or mediafire.com

Here are the steps to use wikisend as it is the easiest and does not require an account. We are not able to get things by email (unfortunately)

1. Go to www.wikisend.com
2. Click on the "Browse" Button
3. Find the file on your computer and select it - this will place the link in the box on the site.
4. Click on "Upload File"
5. This will then open a new window.
6. You will see a box that says "Download Link" - Copy and Paste that weblink in the box here for me.

I can then open your file onto my computer.

You can repeat this for each of the files. Place all the link into one reply box here and then I can open any of the documents.

This will ensure I get the materials quickly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need answers to test 00290501?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
I will reply shortly.
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
There are two sets of questions. I can reply only 00290501 and you will have to rate the answers. Kindly inform me if you agree with this.
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
I am ready with the answers and can upload them. If you think that the price of $19 is high for 20 questions, you can create a new thread with a price of $20 and I will upload the answers there. In that case, I will get only $10.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No 19 is fine as long as they are correct.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Here are answers.
1)B
2)C
3)A
4)C
5)B
6)D
7)B
8)B
9)C
10)A
11)C
12)A
13)D
14)B
15)D
16)C
17)D A is also correct.
18)B
19)D
20)A

Kindly rate the answers. BONUS will be appreciated. Kindly inform if you have any questions.
akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for rating the answers. Kindly inform the wrong answers so that I will analyze again and come to know the reason.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I now need the answers to test(NNN) NNN-NNNNshould be the first test I sent you.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.

I will look into the questions and try to reply.

Kindly upload these questions in a separate thread.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for rating OK service. Kindly inform me the wrong answers.