Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

I need help with an assign for University of Phoenix ETH 316

I need help with an assignment for University of Phoenix ETH 316. 20 Questions all together.

1. Which of the following describes the BEST perspective from which to view organizational ethics?

a. From the point of view of individual managers.

b. From the point of view of corporations.

c. From the point of view of industry-wide ethical concerns.

d. Organizational ethics should be viewed from all of the above perspectives.

2.Which of the following is a factor that might explain why a public outcry has arisen for business to be more socially responsible?

a. Increased complexity and interdependence of postindustrial society.

b. Increased corporate taxation.

c. Reduced government regulation.

d. Reduced state and local involvement in business coupled with federal withdrawal from the regulatory picture.

3. Consequential theories look at which of the following?

a. Whether the desired results were achieved.

b. Whether the desired individuals participated

c. Whether the desired methods were used.

d. Whether legitimate goals were selected in the first place.

4. The term "deontology" is derived from a Greek word meaning which of the following?

a. Faith.

b. Law.

c. Ethics.

d. Duty.

5.The hallmark of deontology can be summarized by which of the following maxims?

a. Right makes might.

b. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

c. Justice is blind.

d. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

6.Immanuel Kant's "categorical imperative" is BEST paraphrased by which of the following statements?

a. A person should engage in acts based on ethical rather than moral principles.

b. A person should engage only in acts that could become universal standards.

c. A person should act only after determining the marginal or net utility of that action.

d. A person should act only after determining the ethical category of that action.

7.If a U.S. company applies Kant's "categorical imperative" to its decision to bribe a foreign official, it should be willing to accept which of the following?

a. The moral freedom of foreign companies to bribe U.S. officials. b. The moral freedom of foreign officials to refuse to accept bribes. c. The moral freedom of U.S. officials to refuse to accept bribes.

d. The moral freedom of U.S. companies to bribe U.S. officials.

8.The humanist school would evaluate the ethics of an action based on which of the following standards?

a. Whether the action would contribute to improving human capabilities, such as intelligence, wisdom, and self-restraint.

b. Whether the action would prevent the bribery of foreign government officials by U.S. corporations.

c. Whether the action would follow the principles of The Golden Rule.

d. Whether the benefits of the action would outweigh the risks.

9.Which of the following values would be included in an organization's "corporate culture?"

a. Productivity and profits, but not efficiency.

b. Productivity and efficiency, but not profits.

c. Efficiency and profits, but not productivity.

d. Productivity, profits, and efficiency are all included in the meaning of "corporate culture."

10.Which of the following concerns would fall within a theory of social responsibility?

a. Whether a firm's net utility exceeded its net risks.

b. Whether a firm's executive managers were appointed or elected.

c. Whether a firm's code of conduct was drafted with the participation of the chief executive officer.

d. Whether a firm's conduct was having an unintended impact on the community.

11.The profit-oriented theory of social responsibility argues which of the following?

a. Businesses should be judged on both their profit and non-profit activities.

b. Businesses should be judged solely on the basis of economic efficiency and growth.

c. Businesses should be judged solely on the unintended impact of their profit-making activities.

d. Businesses should pass along the cost of doing business to their consumers.

12.Profit-oriented theorists would make which of the following arguments with respect to unintended impacts of business profit-making behavior?

a. The social cost of doing business should be borne by the government.

b. Businesses should contribute money to charities to reduce unintended impacts.

c. Business profits should be reduced to ameliorate the effects of unintended impacts.

d. All of the above are arguments that would be made by profit-oriented theorists.

13.The managerial theory of social responsibility is BEST summarized by which of the following statements?

a. Managers should maximize profits and leave social responsibility to the government.

b. Businesses should act carefully so as not to injure the "fabric" of society.

c. The firm should seek to maintain the trust of internal and external

constituents and interest groups, not just the stockholders.

d. Managers should seek professional certification.

14.Managerial theorists would agree with which of the following

statements?

a. Ethical principles should be determined in accordance with Natural Law.

b. A firm cannot survive by maximizing short-run profits if it ignores the claims of important interest groups.

c. Continuing professional education is the responsibility of all prudent managers.

d. Government regulation is the key to ethical management.

15. Advocates of institutional theory would be most comfortable with which

of the following statements?

a. Business should focus on the botXXXXX XXXXXne.

b. Businesses should gain the trust of constituent groups.

c. Businesses should focus on continuing professional education.

d. Businesses should act in a manner that benefits all of society.

16. According to institutional theory, management failure to deal with "externalities" should lead to what result?

a. Managers should be held accountable to their boards of directors, to government authorities, and to individual citizens as well.

b. Managers should pay taxes to government agencies to pay for social costs.

c. Managers should use corporate profits to earn the trust of external constituents.

d. Nothing should result from management failure to deal with "externalities" because managers should be focusing on the botXXXXX XXXXXne.

17. There is always one clearly right and one clearly wrong answer to an ethical dilemma.

a. The statement above is TRUE

b. The statement above is FALSE

18. One way to avoid unethical behavior in an organization is to give unusually high rewards for good performance.

a. The statement above is TRUE.

b. The statement above is FALSE.

19. Most major corporations have not adopted codes of conduct.

a. The statement above is TRUE. 

b. The statement above is FALSE

20.Business managers need to understand that different professionals within the organization may be operating under different codes of professional conduct.

a. The statement above is TRUE.

b. The statement above is FALSE

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for the question.

Here are the answers for comparison with your own.

1. d. Organizational ethics should be viewed from all of the above perspectives.
2. a. Increased complexity and interdependence of postindustrial society.
3. a. Whether the desired results were achieved.
4. d. Duty.
5. d. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
6. b. A person should engage only in acts that could become universal standards.
7. b. The moral freedom of foreign officials to refuse to accept bribes.
8. a. Whether the action would contribute to improving human capabilities
9. d. Productivity, profits, and efficiency are all included in the meaning of "corporate culture."

Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I added the other questions as well. It was a total of 20 questions but I was not able to post them all at once. Could you assist me with those as well?

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
HelloCustomer

I will post the answers the to the additional questions shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much. If I have the answers by tomorrow that is alright. No rush.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'll post them as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)