What is the deadline for this?
There are more
Which statement about the Republican party is NOT true?
It was a frankly sectional party pledged to the containment of slavery.
15. The Kansas-Nebraska Act resulted in all of the following EXCEPT
virtual civil war in Kansas.
16. The first shots of the Civil War were fired when
the Confederate States of America was established.
17. XXXXX XXXXX's raid on Harpers Ferry was significant for all of the following reasons EXCEPT
that it provoked bloody retaliation against antislavery voters in Kansas.
18. By mid-century, the birth rate was declining, but population continued to grow. The explanation for this paradox is also the explanation for another development in those years,
the Ostend Manifesto.
19. What weakened the natural economic and political ties of the South to the West?
None of these answers is correct.
admission of Texas as a slave state
10.Which of the following ideas was Manifest Destiny NOT based on?
Conquest of new territory would prove American military superiority.
11. Mexico's northern frontier provinces developed
with little influence or control from Mexico City.
12. ________ initiated the politics of Manifest Destiny by pushing the annexation of the Texan Republic. He did so because, as the first vice president to become president, he alienated his own party leaders and had to find an issue that would attract popular support for his bid for a second term.
forced the Mexican government to recognize its independence.
14. The settlements of the Mormons in Utah
at first developed as a scattered, unplanned series of refugee encampments.
15. A famous novel by the daughter of Lyman Beecher rallied northern hostility toward one particular component of the Compromise of 1850,
the failure to abolish slavery in the District of Columbia.
16. The antislavery message of the Free Soil supporters was first introduced in what form?
as a method by which new territories would be organized in the Compromise of 1850
17. Which of the following is NOT an accurate statement concerning the consequences of the Mexican War?
The acquisition of new territories pushed the slavery issue to the forefront of national politics.
18. In the 1848 election campaign, which party set forth a clear position on the slavery issue?
All these answers are correct.
19. The trek west on the Overland Trail
was difficult and stressful on everyone involved, but placed a special strain on women.
20. Which of the following was NOT a United States territorial acquisition in the 1840s?
Oregon south of the 49th parallel
Which of the following is NOT a way that the Confederacy was like the North?
The demands of war tended to increase the power of the central government and accelerate industrialization on both sides.
suspending the writ of habeas corpus in specified areas in the North.
3. The Union war effort began by implementing the strategy embodied in General Winfield Scott's "anaconda plan," which called for
encircling and squeezing the Confederacy with a naval blockade.
4. At the beginning of the Civil War, which one of the following factors favored the South?
the transportation system
The technology of weaponry gave the defense the advantage over the offense.
6. With respect to slavery, Lincoln at first ________, but later he ________.
lagged behind northern opinion, which strongly supported emancipation; urged Congress not only to end slavery but also to give blacks full social and political equality
7. Lincoln finally found "his general." Who was he, and why?
General McClellan, who displayed great gifts as an organizer and trainer of large armies
8. Which of the following is NOT a true statement about the impact of the war?
The richest section of the country (in terms of white per capita wealth) became even richer.
9. Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation declared slaves to be free
in the border states and western territories.
10. The North raised money to support the war effort through all of the following methods EXCEPT
accepting fees from draftees in lieu of induction.
although the North had the advantage of initiative, the fighting would often turn out to be a series of Confederate victories against all odds.
12. The Republican Congress during the Civil War passed economic legislation that would have warmed Henry Clay's heart, including all EXCEPT
a protective tariff.
13. During the war, women of both the North and the South did all of the following EXCEPT
take jobs in the growing government bureaucracies.
14. According to the text, what was the event that decided the "war in the balance"—that is, the event that both ended any last hopes of the Confederacy and assured the abolition of slavery?
the re-election of Lincoln
15. One significant difference between the Confederacy and the North was that
southerners initially romanticized the war, expecting a swift end, but northerners more realistically expected a long and ugly struggle.
16. The battle at Antietam Creek was significant for all of the following reasons EXCEPT
that it proved McClellan could mastermind a victory after all.
17. Both South and North experienced rioting during the war. Why?
in the South over food; in the North over the draft
18. Although at the outset European experts expected the Confederacy to prevail, the North won, demonstrating that in modern war, ________ can offset ________.
industrial power; agricultural power
19. What was Jefferson Davis's central problem in organizing the South for war?
In a society that prized states' rights, Davis had to centralize authority.
20. The Confederacy suffered from rampant inflation because
Oh no worries I have 5 days, but i would like it ASAP just don't lag it =P