FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

1. The return on the owners investment (equity) is a better

Customer Question

1. The return on the owner’s investment (equity) is a better measure of performance than (Points: 4) the return on assets ratio. the current ratio. the quick ratio. the absolute dollar amount of income.//2. Drawbacks of selling stock as a source of funds include (Points: 4) enhanced corporate image. loss of voting control of the company. future financing. estate planning.//3. One of the factors that influences the choice between debt and equity is the (Points: 4) returns anticipated from the enterprise. risk of nationalization. degree of control the owners hope to retain. state of the owners' estate plan.//4. A build-up leveraged buyout involves (Points: 4) developing the business to make it an attractive takeover target. acquiring businesses that occupy a higher level in the market channel. a longer time horizon than a bust-up leveraged buyout. constructing a larger enterprise to be taken public via an IPO.//5. Harvesting owners generally prefer ____ over ____. (Points: 4) cash, stock debt, equity equity, debt stock, cash//6. The most common way that entrepreneurs accomplish more with less is called (Points: 4) bootstrapping downsizing debt financing credit card financing//7. For every dollar of assets there must be a corresponding dollar of (Points: 4) liquidity liabilities financing debt //8. Will’s business will not be successful unless it charges a price for its products that covers its (Points: 4) total variable cost. total cost. total fixed cost. total cost and some margin of profit.//9. Which of the following is true with respect to revolving charge accounts? (Points: 4) A down payment is normally required. Charged purchases may not exceed the credit limit. A fixed amount must be paid monthly, regardless of the outstanding balance. Finance charges increase as the outstanding balance increases.//10. A trade credit bill of $80,000 with terms of sale of 2/5, net 30 means the buyer saves ____ if the bill is paid within the discount period. (Points: 4) $400 $1,600 $2,500 $4,000 //11. Mini Makers, a small manufacturer of action figures, is formulating a budget for next year's promotional activities. The company decides to budget $50,000 for promotional expenses (an amount equal to its nearest competitor's allotment.) Mini Makers is using the ____ method of budgeting. (Points: 4) spending as much as the competition what it will take to do the job percentage of sales what can be spared //12. An example of a nonfinancial reward that may motivate a salesperson is (Points: 4) personal recognition. compensation. a bonus plan. a stock plan. //13. Specialties are promotional tools that can (Points: 4) create goodwill for the company. prevent price competition. allow customers to sample the product. cast doubt on the products offered by competitors. //14. When a business locates a production facility or sales office overseas by purchasing a foreign business from another firm, this is referred to as a ______. (Points: 4) greenfield venture outsourcing offshoring cross-border acquisition 15. When it comes to expanding the market, an emerging motivation for going global is to (Points: 4) take advantage of unique features of the local market. find buyers for highly specialized products. obtain tariff reductions. extend the product life cycle. //16. Considering the nature of its products, a cement fabricator that specializes in the manufacture of bird baths is likely to go global to (Points: 4) gain access to critical raw materials. capitalize on special features of location. obtain specialized human resources. cut costs. //17. When a small business forges an agreement with a bank that consents to honor a draft or other demand for payment after goods are delivered internationally, the firm receives a (Points: 4) international invoice. bill of lading. letter of confirmation. letter of credit.// 18. The founder of a firm is most likely to be described as a (Points: 4) creative person. good manager. low risk taker. good organization member. //19. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires employers to make ____ adaptations to facilitate the employment of individuals protected by the act. (Points: 4) specific minimal reasonable verifiable

20. In establishing a management training program, XXXXX XXXXX should be consider all of the following factors except (Points: 4)
The need for training.
A plan for training.
The timetable for training.
The design of the training facilities.

21. Which of the following plays the central role in attracting and motivating employees? (Points: 4)
Flexible work duties
Job sharing arrangements
Compensation
Vacation benefits

22. One of the essential elements of successful quality management is (Points: 4)
customer focus.
a supportive organizational structure.
appropriate expectations.
a stable management team.

23. A control chart is used as part of a (Points: 4)
statistical process control plan.
100 percent inspection plan.
traditional inspection plan
reengineering plan.
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning USARMY,

Thank you for your service to our country.

To assist me in answering your question, please tell me:
1. Are there 23 questions in total that you would like me to answer?
2. When do you need the answers?
3. The formatting makes the questions very difficult for me to read. Can you please upload the questions to www.mediafire.com

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have 1 hour to get this done. It's a total of 25 questions.

Uploading now.

ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Um...How to I upload the questions

No worries – I will work with the formatting as we have a strong time constraint
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just sent the question through here. Is it better?

I did not receive a 2nd copy – no worries
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. The return on the owner’s investment (equity) is a better measure of performance than (Points : 4) the return on assets ratio.
the current ratio.
the quick ratio.
the absolute dollar amount of income.

2. Drawbacks of selling stock as a source of funds include (Points : 4)

enhanced corporate image.
loss of voting control of the company.
future financing.
estate planning.

3. One of the factors that influences the choice between debt and equity is the (Points : 4)

returns anticipated from the enterprise.
risk of nationalization.
degree of control the owners hope to retain.
state of the owners' estate plan.

4. A build-up leveraged buyout involves (Points : 4)

developing the business to make it an attractive takeover target.
acquiring businesses that occupy a higher level in the market channel.
a longer time horizon than a bust-up leveraged buyout.
constructing a larger enterprise to be taken public via an IPO.

5. Harvesting owners generally prefer ____ over ____. (Points : 4)

cash, stock
debt, equity
equity, debt
stock, cash

6. The most common way that entrepreneurs accomplish more with less is called (Points : 4)

bootstrapping
downsizing
debt financing
credit card financing

7. For every dollar of assets there must be a corresponding dollar of (Points : 4)

liquidity
liabilities
financing
debt

8. Will’s business will not be successful unless it charges a price for its products that covers its (Points : 4)

total variable cost.
total cost.
total fixed cost.
total cost and some margin of profit.

9. Which of the following is true with respect to revolving charge accounts? (Points : 4)

A down payment is normally required.
Charged purchases may not exceed the credit limit.
A fixed amount must be paid monthly, regardless of the outstanding balance.
Finance charges increase as the outstanding balance increases.

10. A trade credit bill of $80,000 with terms of sale of 2/5, net 30 means the buyer saves ____ if the bill is paid within the discount period. (Points : 4)

$400
$1,600
$2,500
$4,000

11. Mini Makers, a small manufacturer of action figures, is formulating a budget for next year's promotional activities. The company decides to budget $50,000 for promotional expenses (an amount equal to its nearest competitor's allotment.) Mini Makers is using the ____ method of budgeting. (Points : 4)

spending as much as the competition
what it will take to do the job
percentage of sales
what can be spared

12. An example of a nonfinancial reward that may motivate a salesperson is (Points : 4)

personal recognition.
compensation.
a bonus plan.
a stock plan.

13. Specialties are promotional tools that can (Points : 4)

create goodwill for the company.
prevent price competition.
allow customers to sample the product.
cast doubt on the products offered by competitors.

14. When a business locates a production facility or sales office overseas by purchasing a foreign business from another firm, this is referred to as a ______. (Points : 4)

greenfield venture
outsourcing
offshoring
cross-border acquisition

15. When it comes to expanding the market, an emerging motivation for going global is to (Points : 4)

take advantage of unique features of the local market.
find buyers for highly specialized products.
obtain tariff reductions.
extend the product life cycle.

16. Considering the nature of its products, a cement fabricator that specializes in the manufacture of bird baths is likely to go global to (Points : 4)

gain access to critical raw materials.
capitalize on special features of location.
obtain specialized human resources.
cut costs.

17. When a small business forges an agreement with a bank that consents to honor a draft or other demand for payment after goods are delivered internationally, the firm receives a (Points : 4)

international invoice.
bill of lading.
letter of confirmation.
letter of credit.

18. The founder of a firm is most likely to be described as a (Points : 4)

creative person.
good manager.
low risk taker.
good organization member.

19. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires employers to make ____ adaptations to facilitate the employment of individuals protected by the act. (Points : 4)

specific
minimal
reasonable
verifiable

20. In establishing a management training program, XXXXX XXXXX should be consider all of the following factors except (Points : 4)

The need for training.
A plan for training.
The timetable for training.
The design of the training facilities.

21. Which of the following plays the central role in attracting and motivating employees? (Points : 4)

Flexible work duties
Job sharing arrangements
Compensation
Vacation benefits

22. One of the essential elements of successful quality management is (Points : 4)

customer focus.
a supportive organizational structure.
appropriate expectations.
a stable management team.

23. A control chart is used as part of a (Points : 4)

statistical process control plan.
100 percent inspection plan.
traditional inspection plan
reengineering plan.

24. Traditionally, commercial property insurance has valued all property loss at (Points : 4)

the depreciated value of the damaged or lost property.
the undepreciated value of the damaged or lost property.
the actual cash value of the damaged or lost property.
the purchase value of the damaged or lost property.

25. Which of the following accounting methods/systems recognizes revenue and expenses only when cash is received or payment is made? (Points : 4)

Single-entry system
Double-entry system
Accrual method
Cash method

Well that's much better – thank you very much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How is it coming along? I have 30 mins left. Laughing

almost done
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got an 80. Thank you. Wink

Good! Thank you very much. I wish you the best this holiday season