Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Penn Foster Residential Electrician Exam # XXXXX i want

Penn Foster Residential Electrician Exam # XXXXX i want answer bellow question

1. An air-conditioning system's automatic controller might directly control the
A. motor of a large condenser fan.
B. thermostat's setpoint temperature.
C. conversion of pneumatic energy to hydraulic signal pressure.
D. sensitivity of the ladder logic.

2. In proportional control, the controller's output is constant and equal to 1.5. If the controller's proportional gain is 0.8, the setpoint temperature is 75°F, and the actual temperature is 72°F, find the controller's output.
A. 2.1
B. 3.9
C. 5.3
D. 15.2

3. The primary energy source that operates a building's air conditioning controller is typically electric, pneumatic, or
A. thermostatic.
B. passive.
C. electronic.
D. hydraulic.

4. Proportional plus integral control provides the following enhancement over proportional control only.
A. Elimination of offset
B. Reduced gain
C. Increased gain
D. Simplicity of installation

5. In a residential air-conditioning system, the component that's driven by electrical power while increasing the pressure of the refrigerant is a(n)
A. evaporator.
B. condenser.
C. compressor.
D. expansion valve.

6. A pilot light is typically wired in series with a _______ to indicate whether the fan is moving air.
A. thermostat
B. thermal overload
C. auxiliary contact
D. flow switch

7. Pneumatic controls use _______ for transmitting control signals and for operating pneumatic actuators.
A. steam
B. compressed air
C. electricity
D. electronic signals

8. A cooling and heating system uses two ducts, one that carries hot air and one that carries cool air. The airflow from the ducts meet in a mixing chamber. The device that actually sets the amount of air leaving each duct is the
A. unit ventilator.
B. fan-coil valve.
C. mixing contactor.
D. damper motor.

9. A homeowner wants his hydronic system checked. To do this, you'll enter the basement to inspect a
A. boiler and chiller.
B. boiler only.
C. chiller only.
D. furnace.

10. During ______ control action, a valve's position changes continuously to achieve the desired setpoint.
A. on-off
B. modulating
C. two-position
D. proportional

11. In a residence, the control of a room's baseboard electric resistance heating system would be accomplished automatically using a
A. wall-mounted pressure sensor.
B. duct-mounted thermostat.
C. wall-mounted humidity sensor.
D. wall-mounted thermostat.

12. Which of the following wouldn't be pictured on a fan motor's ladder logic diagram?
A. Auxiliary contacts
B. Push-button control
C. Load contacts
D. Mixing chamber

13. You've been asked to inspect the heating, cooling, and ventilation systems in a large commercial building. The ventilation part of the system distributes _______ throughout the building.
A. hot water
B. chilled water
C. fresh air
D. return air

14. In the system you're inspecting, the damper motor isn't working. You decide to see if the damper-position sensor is sending the proper signal to the _______, which then signals the damper motor.
A. ductwork
B. heating coil
C. energy source
D. controller

15. After the furnace chamber becomes warm in a residential forced-air heating and cooling unit, the following action occurs.
A. The fan switch turns on the fan to circulate the heated air through the ducts.
B. The heating-coil valve in the duct is opened.
C. The cooling-coil valve in the duct is opened.
D. The thermostat opens the zone damper.

16. Piping within a hydronic heating system carries
A. chemicals.
B. hot water.
C. conditioned air.
D. Freon.

17. A(n) _______ is a type of device that measures characteristics such as air pressure or air velocity.
A. auxiliary contact
B. ventilation controller
C. thermostat
D. sensor

18. You can expect a control system within a building to turn mechanical devices on and off and to adjust
A. the output of mechanical devices.
B. the primary source of power.
C. settings when devices fail.
D. the level of noise.

19. A type of heating and air conditioning system that relies only on heated or cooled water to adjust the air temperature is known as a _______ system.
A. wet
B. hydronic
C. hydraulically controlled
D. feedback

20. A valve on the supply line of a heating coil is typically controlled by sensing the
A. capillary-tube pressure.
B. bimetallic element position.
C. room's temperature.
D. damper position.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)