akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert
46493125

13. A beam is simply support at the ends and is continuous

13. A beam is simply support at the ends and is continuous over two spans. The left-hand span is
16 ft and the right- hand span is 20 ft. The beam supports a uniform load of 900 plf, which includes its own weight, over the entire 36 ft and also a concentrated load of 10,000 lb applied at a point that is 5 ft from the left-hand end of the beam. Determine the bending moment at the intermediate support due to the uniform load only. -

A. -38.600 ft·lb B. -37,8OO ft-Ib C. -36,500 ft Ib D. -35,200 ft-lb

14. For the beam described in Question 13, determine the bending moment at the intermediate support due to the concentrated load only.

A. -13,264 ft·lb B. -12,086 ft·lb C. -11,874 ft lb D. -10,026 ft-Ib

15. If the concentrated load on the beam described in Question 13 is reduced to 8000 lb, the total bending moment at the intermediate support due to the uniform load and the concentrated load
is equal to -45.820 ft-lb and the reaction at the left-hand support is

A. 10,936 lb. B. 9836 lb. C. 8914 lb. D. 8116 lb.

16. For the conditions described in Question 15, the reaction at the right-hand support is

A. 7139 lb. B. 6929 lb. C. 6709 lb. D. 6519 lb.

17. For the conditions described in Question 15, the reaction at the intermediate support is

A. 25,135 lb. B. 24,555 lb. C. 23,855 lb. D. 22,935 lb.

18. In a simply supported beam, the maximum bending moment occurs at the point where

A. the shear is maximum regardless of sign.
B. the shear changes sign.
C. the positive shear is maximum.
D. the negative shear is maximum.

19. An inflection point in a beam is located at a point

A. under a concentrated load...
B. over 8 support..
C. where the bending moment is zero
D. where the shear is maximum

20. The maximum bending moment that two unequal concentrated loads can possibly produce in a simple span occurs when the center of the span is exactly halfway between the heavier load and the resultant of both loads. This maximum bending moment will be located

A. under the heavier load.
B. under the lighter load.
C. at the center of the span.
D. under the resultant of the two loads.

21. Which one of the following cannot have negative bending moment under normal conditions of vertical loading?

A. A continuous beam
B. An overhanging beam
C. A simple beam
D. A cantilever beam
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Kindly upload the figures as mentioned in the questions and indicate dead line by which you would like to have answers for these questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There are no figures this is all the info provided, I would like the answers by Monday the 17th if possible.

I will look into and try to reply,if possible, without figures.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I misunderstood, can you give me an e-mail address and i will send the figures.

Exchange of email is not allowed as per site rules. If you soft copy of the questions along with the figures, upload the same to some site sharing site such as media fire.com/wikisend and forward the corresponding link here. It will allow me to view the questions along with figures.
Kindly upload the figures if you wish that these questions should be replied before due date. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried to send the figures but every time I try the message is too big. If you can find online Penn Foster's Mechanics of Materials Part 2 Examination 5282B2, you will find the figures.

I don't have access to Penn Foster's Mechanics of Materials Part 2 Examination 5282B2.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have sent the figures let me know that you received them please.

I can't open the figures.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7hwuklb8qtlj7sk

I have got some figures but not all. The figure is required to reply q 13.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, there is no figure provided for question 13. Its one of the reasons I have been struggling so much to figure these out.

I think it won't be possible to reply q 13 and other related questions without figure.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK so what about 16 through 25 ? How long will it take now that you have the required figures?

I will try to reply the questions whatever can be replied based on the available figures today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For question 13 you should be able to draw your own free body diagram, but what ever problems you can figure out will surely help me.

Free body diagram for q13 can not be drawn as location of supports is not known.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert