Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
19873544

Dont need to see any work, but if you could please get me the

Dont need to see any work, but if you could please get me the answers back as soon as possible that would be appreciated =)

1.)What is the after-tax cash flow that results from the sale of a capital asset for $150,000? Assume that it has a book value of $100,000 and a 40% tax rate

2.) holding all other variables constant, as market interest rates increase, bond prices ____.
decrease
increase
remain unchanged
None of the above

3.) How much will you have at the end of 5 years in a European vacation account if you deposit $500 a month, and the account earns 3 percent compounded monthly?
$16,334
$2,654.57
$32,323,36
$32,404.16

4.) You are the winner of a $1 million lottery, and will receive the prize as 20 annual payments of $50,000 each. What is the present value of the prize if all payments are made at the end of the year, APR is 5%, compounded annually?
330,659.54
957,555.41
654,266.04
623,110.52
None of the above

5.) A bank has agreed to loan you $100,000 at 6% for 5 years to purchase your house. You are required to make equal, annual, end-of-year payments that include both principal and interest on the outstanding balance. Determine the amount of these annual payments.
$21,200.00
$23,739.64
$22,395.89
none of the above

6.) Which of the following is not a component of the interest rate model?
default risk premium
the activities of the Federal Reserve Bank
pure interest rate
maturity risk premium

7.) A DFL (degree of financial leverage) of 3.0 indicates that a 27% increase in EPS is the result of a ____ increase in EBIT

8.) If a firm's EBIT changes by 20% and it has a degree of financial leverage (DFL) of 2.0, what is the expected change in earnings per share (EPS)?

9.) An investment project requires an outlay of $100,000, and is expected to generate annual cash inflows of $28,000 for the next 5 years. The cost of capital is 12 percent. Determine a net present value for the project.

10.)Able Company's shareholders are receiving a 22.5%return and its bondholders get a 14% return. Based on a 50 percent debt/equity ratio, with no preferred stock and a 46 percent tax rate, find Able's weighted average cost of capital
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.
I am working on this. Please let me know how much time we have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have about 20-30 minutes or so.

By chance do you also know:

How is preferred stock similar to bonds?

Constant payment

Pays both principal and interest to investor

Fixed maturity date

Both a & c

All of the above

In all my readings on this i seemed to be finding myself confused with whether or not they have these in common

Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry about any confusion in the past, but based on my account I showed that I did pay you $60 for the last time we worked together.. I apoligize for any confusion and I can check with Just Answer to Find out what happened.

As for the solutions..thank you. Do you know what the answer to #6 is or were you not sure on that one? (i did not see an answer for it)

Now for the last question about the how are preffered stocks and bonds similar could you explain that one to me a little, doesnt need to be in a lot of detail but just some.

Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure about 6.

Prefered stock are similar to debt since both pay constant money (Prefered dividend or coupon interest), also both have redemption date on which original investment amount is paid back.

I did received payment of $60 for last time but since you asked three questions and not rated all the solution that is what I was telling. You should not be creating multiple post for same assignment instead post all question together like you did this time. (This will help you as well as if you create many post but rate only one your acceptance rate would look low)
Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Answer to 6 is the activities of the Federal Reserve Bank
Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.

.

Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.

Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,

Linda

Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Let me know,

Linda