Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters

1. The Niagara Movement, headed by _______, sought equal rights

1. The Niagara Movement, headed by _______, sought equal rights for blacks. A. Booker T. Washington
B. W. E. B. Du Bois
C. William Lloyd Garrison
D. William E. Walling
2. In the election of 1912, Teddy Roosevelt's Bull Moose Party platform was built around what he called the
A. New Nationalism. B. Fair Deal.
C. Square Deal.
D. New Freedom.
3. The ___________ expressed the darkest and most ominous aspect of the rural counterattack of the early 1900s.
A. Palmer raids
B. Prohibition movement C. Red Scare
D. Ku Klux Klan
4. Before 1910, the most popular form of public entertainment was A. ballroom dancing.
B. baseball.
C. viewing motion pictures.
D. band concerts.
5. During the Great War, the Food Administration was headed by A. Herbert Hoover.
B. Samuel Gompers.
C. Felix Frankfurter.
D. Bernard Baruch.
6. The last of Wilson's Fourteen Points called for A. the establishment of an independent Poland.
B. the creation of a League of Nations.
C. Belgian neutrality.
D. heavy reparations to be assessed against Germany.
7. As its intellectual voice, ______ became the leader of the Harlem Renaissance. A. H. L. Mencken
B. W. E. B. Du Bois
C. James WelXXXXX XXXXX
D. Claude McKay
8. The _______ demanded that Latin American countries keep their financial affairs on order or risk intervention by the United States.
A. Monroe Doctrine
B. Knox Policy
C. Good Neighbor Policy D. Roosevelt Corollary
9. Theodore Roosevelt's first major trust-busting victory resulted from a suit brought against A. the Northern Securities Company.
B. the American Tobacco Company.
C. Standard Oil.
D. the DuPont Corporation.
10. Which of the following is true of the Spanish-American War? A. About one in ten American soldiers were black.
B. Racial tensions were suspended for the duration of the war.
C. Black soldiers referred to black Cubans as "Smoked Spaniards."
D. The black soldiers who fought had gained experience and distinction during the Indian Wars.
11. Which of the following was true of Secretary of State William Henry Seward? A. He negotiated the purchase of Alaska from Canada.
B. He was successful in negotiating a trade deal with the Kingdom of Hawaii.
C. He opposed American imperial expansion.
D. He annexed the Midway Islands.
12. Which of the following statements is most accurate regarding America's political climate between 1876 and 1896?
A. The party that won the presidential election also controlled Congress. B. Southern states tended to vote Republican.
C. The influence of the president over Congress diminished.
D. Little political power or influence was left to the states.
13. With the vital assistance of _______, Theodore Roosevelt established the first comprehensive national conservation policy.
A. Gifford Pinchot
B. Upton Sinclair
C. Samuel Hopkins Adams D. XXXXX XXXXX Taft
14. Passed in 1935, Roosevelt's most significant reform measure was the A. National Labor Relations Board.
B. Wagner Act.
C. Fair Labor Standards Act.
D. Social Security Act.
15. During the election of 1936, declaring their party a "millionaire's union," Franklin Roosevelt focused mainly on defeating the
A. Union Party running Gerald K. Smith.
B. Union Party running William Lemke.
C. Liberty League running Father Coughlin. D. Liberty League running Alfred M. Landon.
16. Which of the following is true of the Industrial Workers of the World (I.W.W.)? A. It made business leaders create new methods to deal with labor issues.
B. It was founded in Russia.
C. It was devoted to organizing highly skilled immigrant workers.
D. It had very little influence over the labor movement.
17. In 1893, the Cleveland administration's repeal of the Sherman Silver Purchase Act A. caused the value of currency to contract.
B. empowered conservative Democrats.
C. brought immediate relief to people suffering under the 1893 depression.
D. had no long-term possibility of reviving the depressed economy.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters