Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Exam 007700

Customer Question

Exam 007700
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for the request.

For this PF American History exam, the questions vary from test to test. If you can post the 20 questions and multiple choices, I will be glad be assist you.

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Which of the following was the primary cause of the Balkan Wars conducted during the Clinton administration?
A. The rise to power of Slobodan Milosevic in Serbia
B. The breakup of the former state of Yugoslavia
C. The UN peacekeepers' inability to stem ethnic cleansing D. Muslim activism in Bosnia
2. Among instances of corporate malfeasance in the early twenty-first century, the _______ scandal was the most shocking and economically damaging for employees and shareholders.
A. Enron
B. American Tobacco C. Tyco International D. WorldCom
3. During the turbulence of the 1960s, black activism focused primarily on A. expanding voting rights.
B. stopping the Vietnam War.
C. expanding economic opportunity.
D. supporting the nonviolent strategies of Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. John F. Kennedy replaced Eisenhower's concept of massive retaliation with a _______ response strategy.
A. flexible B. massive C. limited D. focused
5. Which of the following is true of the Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka?
A. It ruled that desegregation was a state issue, but that segregation was a federal issue. B. It declared that segregated schools were inherently separate and unequal.
C. It ruled that segregation should proceed with "all deliberate speed."
D. It established that all citizens should have access to public education.
n a free election in 1989, Lech Walesa came to power in A. East Germany.
B. Poland.
C. Romania.
D. Hungary.
7. Following on the successful activism of Cesar Chavez, Mexican American youths began to refer to themselves as
A. Chicanos.
B. Los Hombres. C. Los Barrios. D. Mexicans.
8. During the McCarthy era, which of the following was (were) executed for allegedly giving atomic secrets to the Soviet Union?
A. Klaus Fuchs
B. Whittaker Chambers
C. Alger Hiss
D. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
9. Which of the following was true of Nixon's presidency?
A. It shifted responsibility for welfare programs from the states to the federal government. B. It tried to overthrow Johnson's Great Society agenda.
C. It resisted affirmative-action legislation.
D. It oversaw the establishment of the Environmental Protection Agency.
10. After Hitler came to power in 1933, he blamed Germany's defeat in World War I on A. Jews and Gypsies.
B. Communists and Socialists.
C. Jews and Communists.
D. Communists and American imperialists.
11. To establish the Intermediate Nuclear Forces Treaty, Reagan negotiated with A. Yeltsin.
B. Brzezinski.
C. Khomeini.
D. Gorbachev.
12. Under Franklin Roosevelt's Good Neighbor policy,
A. the Platt Amendment was rescinded.
B. the collective security among the nations of the Western Hemisphere declined. C. American commerce with Latin America increased, but only slightly.
D. Cordell Hull favored continued military interventions in Latin America.
13. Which of the following is true of the Truman Doctrine? A. It established the Marshall Plan.
B. It ended the policy of containment.
C. It amounted to an informal declaration of Cold War.
D. It created the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
14. During the 1950s, the advent of _______ created the largest and fastest-growing impact on American society.
A. fundamentalist religion. B. television.
C. educational reform
D. suburban communities
15. When postwar expansion slowed in the 1950s, an economic stimulus was provided by A. increased consumer goods manufacturing.
B. the baby boom.
C. Cold War spending.
D. the construction of Levitt Towns.
16. Which of the following was Eisenhower's most significant legislative achievement? A. The extension of Social Security benefits
B. Increasing the minimum wage
C. The establishment of modern Republicanism
D. The Highway Act of 1956
17. The majority of states that did not ratify the Equal Rights Amendment were located in the A. Midwest.
B. Southeast.
C. Northeast.
D. West.
18. Which of the following statements is true of the Gulf of Tonkin affair?
A. The destroyer Maddox was sunk by North Vietnamese gunboats.
B. Congress was divided and only reluctantly passed the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution.
C. Johnson sought passage of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution in order to freely expand American involvement in Vietnam. D. Johnson approved covert amphibious raids on North Vietnam.
19. TheXXXXXdecision in Bakke v. Regents of the University of California A. ruled against the principle of affirmative action.
B. ruled in favor of affirmative action within specified limits.
C. established the rights of students to appeal college admissions policies. D. established the "red state-blue state" divide.
20. What incident abroad marked the election day of the 1956 election, thereby enhancing Eisenhower's bid for a second term?
A. The crisis in the Formosa Straits
B. An attack on U.S. Marines in Beirut C. The resolution of the Suez crisis
D. The French defeat in Indochina
End of exam
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elizabeth,

I will begin working on these. Do you have a deadline?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Here are the answers for comparison with your own.

1. C. The UN peacekeepers' inability to stem ethnic cleansing
2. A. Enron
3. D. supporting the nonviolent strategies of Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. A. flexible
5. B. It declared that segregated schools were inherently separate and unequal.
6. B. Poland.
7. A. Chicanos.
8. D. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg
9. D. It oversaw the establishment of the Environmental Protection Agency.
10. C. Jews and Communists.
11. D. Gorbachev.
12. C. American commerce with Latin America increased, but only slightly
13. C. It amounted to an informal declaration of Cold War.
14. B. television.
15. C. Cold War spending.
16. D. The Highway Act of 1956
17. B. Southeast.
18. C. Johnson sought passage of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution in order to freely expand American involvement in Vietnam.
19. B. ruled in favor of affirmative action within specified limits.
20. C. The resolution of the Suez crisis

Hope this helps!
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Question Number Your Answer Answer Reference
1. C B PAGE 439
2. A Correct
3. D C PAGE 405
4. A Correct
5. B Correct
6. B Correct
7. A Correct
8. D Correct
9. D Correct
10. C Correct
11. D Correct
12. C A PAGE 356
13. C Correct
14. B Correct
15. C Correct
16. D Correct
17. B Correct
18. C D PAGE 401
19. B Correct
20. C Correct

Thank u

Is it possible to get the answers for test 007686
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elizabeth,

I f you would please supply a positive rating for the above answers, I would be glad to help with 007686. Make a new post for that exam that begins with "For Chris M." I would also need the questions and multiple choices for this exam.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. The root causes of the crisis that many states faced at the end of the second millennium B.C.E. were A. external invasions and unstable governments.
B. natural disasters and external invasions.
C. unstable governments and ecological fragility.
D. migrations of foreigners and ecological fragility.
2. According to the text, the development of agriculture could have been a result of all of the following except
A. population pressure.
B. increasing climatic stability. C. abundance and leisure.
D. religion.
3. Which of the following environments is conducive to a herding way of life? A. Swamps
B. River valleys
C. Alluvial plains
D. Steppes
4. Of the four river valleys that supported major early civilizations, which one lost one of its major rivers? A. Yellow River
B. Indus Valley
C. Mesopotamia
D. Egypt
5. It's believed that the role of feasts in the Ice Age was to A. celebrate the resolution of serious conflicts.
B. mark times when food was abundant.
C. strengthen group ties.
D. celebrate weddings.
6. What three types of land are best suited for agriculture?A. Alluvial plains, prairies, and uplands
B. Swamplands, forests, and steppes
C. Tundra, alluvial plains, and lowlands
D. Swamplands, alluvial plains, and uplands
7. Which of the following most directly caused the decline in the Cretan and Mycenaean civilizations? A. High taxes
B. Overextension from conquest
C. Ecological disasters
D. Disease
8. Charles Darwin supported the theory that agriculture developed as a result of A. population growth.
B. evolution.
C. accident.
D. abundance.
9. In foraging societies, it was common for
A. members of both sexes to share equally in hunting and gathering. B. men to contribute very little.
C. women to contribute nothing.
D. men to be hunters and women to be gatherers.
10. The most common way the early river valley civilizations expanded was by A. peaceful means.
B. force of arms.
C. political means.
D. blending of cultures.
11. Neanderthals lived alongside Homo sapiens for thousands of years, A. and had larger brains than humans.
B. but couldn't vocalize because they had smaller brains than humans.
C. and are known to have continually fought each other.
D. and are believed to have interbred with humans.
12. The earliest agriculturists to migrate into Europe probably came from A. Asia.
B. the Americas.
C. Europe.
D. Africa.
13. Civilizations in the Americas and sub-Saharan Africa were isolated from Eurasia mostly because of A. culture.
B. geography.
C. lack of trade goods. D. language.
14. The ancient Egyptians regarded their kings as A. living gods.
B. powerful rulers, but not divine.
C. strong rulers only in times of crisis or war.
D. divine, but not gods.
15. What is the Epic of Gilgamesh?
A. The creation myth of the early Shang dynasty
B. The earliest known law code
C. The official history of one of the first Egyptian pharaohs D. The earliest work of imaginative literature in Mesopotamia
16. Political instability between competing states during the period from 1000 to 500 B.C.E. led to A. advances in technology.
B. a decline in new religious practices.
C. a decrease in trade.
D. fewer opportunities for new ideas about society.
17. The Nile River supports Egyptian agriculture by A. never flooding.
B. flooding its banks and depositing rich soil.
C. supplying extra water for irrigation to supplement annual rains. D. providing easy transport for crops.
18. Which of the following archaeological evidence suggests that the Olmec were shamanistic? A. Figurines of were-jaguars
B. Inscriptions describing religious observances
C. Records of their mythology
D. Depictions of captives
19. The basis for the alphabet developed by the Greeks came from A. Mesopotamia.
B. the Greeks themselves.
C. Egypt.
D. Phoenicia.
20. _______ was a kingdom on the Atlantic coast of Spain that traded with the Greeks and Phoenicians.A. Etrona B. Tartessos C. Fezzan D. Elche
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elizabeth,

I'll begin work on these now.

Thanks
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I have 2 more test then I'm finished would mind helping me with those as well??
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elizabeth,

Do you know how we did on the above test? If the answers were satisfactory, please provide a positive rating. For additional exams, please post them to may attention by beginning your post with "For Chris M." and I will do my best to assist you.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I left u a rating but how do I leave a tip??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. Alexander the Great was tutored by A. Plato.
B. Aristotle.
C. Epicurus.
D. Zeno.
2. A staple food transplanted from Southeast Asia to the Mediterranean world as a result of the Islamic Empire was
A. rice.
B. yams.
C. potatoes. D. wheat.
3. In the sixth century, kingdoms in India were
A. adopting Buddhism as their official religion.
B. developing traditions that would become Hinduism.
C. undergoing successive waves of conversions to Christianity, Buddhism, and Islam. D. adopting Islam as their official religion.
4. What perennial problem did China share with Rome? A. An inability to get foreigners to accept their culture
B. A lack of educated people to serve in government
C. An insecure method of succession for leaders
D. Reliance on a primarily agricultural economy
5. Which of the following were major items of trade in the West African states of Ghana and Gao? A. Cacao beans and slaves
B. Gold and salt
C. Coffee and sugar
D. Bananas and copper
6. In forming his government, Asoka recruited what group to serve as bureaucrats?A. Traditional Brahman elites B. The rising merchant class C. The military elite
D. The Buddhist clergy
7. With the adoption of Christianity by Constantine, the emperor A. ended pagan rituals and ceremonies.
B. was no longer worshipped as a god.
C. stopped using images of pagan gods.
D. was called God's deputy on Earth.
8. On what basis were the Khmer people able to coalesce into a single large kingdom? A. Exploiting the flooding of the Mekong River
B. Development of its pottery industry
C. Wealth from its trading fleet
D. Wealth from mining and timber
9. What major problem did the Roman Empire face in the mid to late Fourth Century? A. Immigration and invasion
B. Lack of education within the empire
C. Weak leadership
D. Poor infrastructure
10. Which of the following was a Chinese school of thought during the fourth century B.C.E. that denounced ethics in favor of obedience?
A. Legalism
B. Confucianism C. Daoism
D. Buddhism
11. What geographic feature at times made life difficult for the Moche of South America? A. Mountains
B. Desert
C. Lack of access to the sea
D. Unpredictable rivers
12. Most sages of the Axial Age took which of the following views of human nature? A. It's neither good nor bad.
B. It's essentially good.
C. It's essentially bad.
D. It's pre-determined.
13. Women were able to own property and hold paying jobs in which empire?A. Greece
B. Persia
C. Rome
D. Asoka's India
14. Legalism was the dominant political philosophy in China during the reign of A. Yamatai.
B. Liu Bang.
C. Han Wudi.
D. Xiongnu.
15. Which ruler's conversion to Christianity ensured this religion would be adopted by eastern Slavs and Russians?
A. Altigin
B. Constantine C. Mieszko D. Vladimir
16. What group colonized many small islands in the Pacific Ocean? A. Japanese
B. Chinese
C. Koreans
D. Polynesians
17. In the development of the Roman Empire, the Romans treated citizenship as A. meaningless because the Roman Empire was tyrannical.
B. a benefit worthy only of peoples who had freely joined them.
C. belonging only to native Romans.
D. something to be shared with conquered people.
18. Which of the following did the Mayans consider to be worthy of recording? A. The laws of their society
B. Information about everyday life
C. Ceremonial rituals
D. Trade records
19. What did Islamists spread throughout the Old World starting in the eighth century? A. Metals used to make new weapons
B. Democracy
C. New crops
D. Disease
20. Which of the following combinations of food did the Polynesians introduce to the islands they colonized?
A. Sugar cane, chickens, and kava B. Bananas, breadfruit, and cattle C. Sugar cane, pigs, and breadfruit D. Pigs, taro, and coconuts
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
The latest exam answer doesn't yet show a rating.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Please post these exam questions on a new, separate question page, beginning your question with "For Chris M."

Thanks!