Lani S.
Lani S., Tutor
Experience:  Registered Nurse, Internet Researcher, Private Tutor
7581006

Throughout this course, we have learned that the primary mode

Throughout this course, we have learned that the primary mode of subsistence (how a culture makes a living) impacts many other aspects of cultural behavior and has been an effective way to organize thoughts and studies about culture. In order to demonstrate your understanding of subsistence modes and its impact on a culture and why a culture acts as it does, your Research Paper will require you to:

Select a specific culture from the following list:

Basseri of Iran
The Batek of Malaysia
Enga
The Amish
Huaorani of Ecuador
Bedouin
Zulu
Kurds
Maori
Mbuti
Nayar of India
Semai
Navajo
Tikopia of Melanesia

Research this culture using the Ashford University Online Library. Please identify and use a minimum of three scholarly articles from the library in addition to the text your research. Keep in mind that most anthropological research, whether article length or book length, is either an ethnography or an ethnology. You may use any combination of ethnographies or ethnologies in your paper.

Write a seven to eight page long research paper that does the following:

Identifies and classifies the selected culture’s primary mode of subsistence. ( Foragers, Horticulturalists, Pastoralists, Emerging Agriculturalists, Agrarian States, or Industrialists)
Analyzes and evaluates the impact that the primary mode of subsistence of the selected culture has on at least three of the following aspects of culture:
Beliefs and values
Economic organization
Gender relations
Kinship
Political organization
Sickness and healing
Social change
Social organization
The Research Paper must be formatted according to APA style and include a title and a reference page (which does not count towards the page length). For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.

In Week Three, you are required to submit an introductory paragraph, thesis statement, an outline, and your properly formatted reference page with the required sources identified. At that point, you should have chosen your culture and identified its primary mode of subsistence.

Writing the Research Paper
The Research Paper:

Must be seven to eight double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a title page with the following:
Title of paper
Student’s name
Course name and number
Instructor’s name
Date submitted
Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
Must use at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford Online Library.
Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the request.

So this the paper proper based on that outline we did.

May I know any feedback of your professor on that outline if there is any?

That feedback (if any) will surely help to guide in completion of this paper.

By the way, just like the paper I assisted you with in the past, I will say again that I might not be so good in framing thesis statement so will leave that part to you.

When will be that needed? It's quite a long paper so I hope there will be enough time to complete the paper.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This would be based off the outline we did. No major feedback. The instructor said the outline was well done. I would need by Monday at 5pm if that is ok for you. Thanks again!

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lani,

I just wanted to check and see how the paper was coming along. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for helping me.

Brett

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lani, I am running out of time.... are you still working on the paper? I need to submit it tonight.

Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.

I have done the paper but encountered problems with my server and lost internet connection since the other day. My apologies, I could not get back to you on time. Do you still need the paper?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could still use if I can get it today.

Thanks
Expert:  Lani S. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Lani S., Tutor
Experience: Registered Nurse, Internet Researcher, Private Tutor