Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

HISTORY

Customer Question

Increasingly visible during the 1990s, Asian-Americans:                    (A) tended to send their children to work rather than to school.

(B) were still forbidden by law to marry non-Asians.

(C) began returning to their countries of origin.

(D) were hailed by white Americans as a model minority.

(E)  all earned high incomes. 

Question 2 By the start of the twenty-first century, dot coms symbolized the: 

(A) continued economic vitality of the computer revolution.

(B) lasting positive social impact of the computer revolution.

(C) potential increase in manufacturing jobs in the United States.

(D) negative impact of stock speculation among technology companies

(E) stabilization of the stock market. 

Question 3 The New World Order referred to by President George H. W. Bush: 

was never clearly defined.

was the return of American isolationism.

included a continuation of the Cold War with communist China. implied the need for global human rights.

included a continuation of the Cold War with the Soviets. 

Question 4 Bill Clinton s foreign policy centered on:

elevating human rights to a central place in international relations. building what he called a New World Order.

defeating the few pockets of communism left in the world.

taking a hard line against economic competitors like Mexico and Canada.

preemptive strikes to weed out dictatorial leaders that posed a threat to American security. 

Question 5 The 1995 truck bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City was organized by:

militant African-American separatists.

Islamic fundamentalists.

a far-right anti-government group.

a left-wing paramilitary group.

Osama bin Laden.

Question 6 In 1992, Bill Clinton secured the Democratic nomination for president because he:

combined social liberalism with elements of conservatism.

pledged to continue the policies of President Bush in the Middle East.

promised to expand welfare.

did not support gay rights.

promised to restrict access to abortion.

Question 7 Because of the 1965 changes in immigration laws, thirty-five years later the immigrant population in the United States:  centered in rural areas.

had stayed about the same.

had declined significantly.

increasingly came from Asia and Latin America.

increasingly came from eastern Europe. 

Question 8 The 1994 Contract with America:

included several demands, all of which became law.

was Clinton s national health insurance plan.

included the promise to cut government spending and end affirmative action.

was a labor agreement between federal employees and the government.

was the brainchild of Ross Perot. 

Question 9 Proposition 187, approved by California voters in 1994:  reinstated the bracero program.

expanded the prison-industrial complex.

banned affirmative action.

denied illegal immigrants and their children access to welfare, education, and most health services.

banned bilingual education. 

Question 10 In the 1990s, the prison population:

increased as state governments increased penalties for crimes and decreased parole.

declined because states refused to fund the prison-industrial complex.

experienced shorter sentences and more rehabilitation programs than before.

increased because crime rates increased in the 1990s.

declined because there was little new prison construction.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. Thomas Abraham Clark, the son of a prominent Philadelphia lawyer, was born to extreme wealth. He was educated at home by private tutors, and entered local politics at a very early age. He soon rose to the top of his state in politics. Having traveled extensively in Europe, he is obsessed with the tyranny of European governments. He has corresponded with Samuel Adams, Richard Henry Lee, Patrick Henry, and Thomas Jefferson. He is convinced that a strong government headed by a king is and has been, the curse of mankind throughout history. Under the Articles of Confederation, Thomas's law practice has prospered, but he is concerned over the inflated value of some colonial currency.

Thomas Abraham Clark is a ...

1. Federalist

2. Anti-Federalist

3. Undecided

Reasons for your choice:

Essay Style Answer Required

2. Josiah Bartlett was born the son of a farmer. He has little formal schooling, but has read extensively. At twelve, Josiah left home to serve an apprenticeship as a cooper. By the age of eighteen, Josiah set out to make his mark in his state. Working as an overseer on small plantations, he soon saved enough money to begin buying land of his own, and by 1775 he owned half the land in his state. Rather than operating large scale and exclusively slave plantations, Josiah invested in smaller farms operated by indentured servants. He ships a great deal of cotton to Europe. His economic interests are threatened not only by unstable currency, but by high tariffs and taxes imposed by neighboring states.

Josiah Bartlett is a ...

1. Federalist

2. Anti-Federalist

3. Undecided

Reasons for your choice:

Essay Style Answer Required

3. Edward Heyward is a member of the landed aristocracy of Georgia, his substantial wealth came from the inheritance of large tracts of land. Heyward, like most of the people in his state, is extremely provincial in his outlook, having had little contact with foreigners outside his state, other than slave traders. His lack of contact with the outside world and his relative wealth have convinced Edward that things have gone splendidly after independence from Britain. His concerns are the Indian tribes of Western Georgia. They are well organized and ably led. Since he has considerable money invested in western land, he would like to see a united effort against the Indians.

Edward Heyward is a ...

1. Federalist

2. Anti-Federalist

3. Undecided

Reasons for your choice:

Essay Style Answer Required

4. Patrick O'Neil was born in Hanover County, Virginia. He was largely self-educated. From 1751 until 1760 he was an unsuccessful storekeeper and farmer. Notoriously indifferent to his private fortunes and ineffectual in his own business, he has made the public his main concern. He is a great orator and by some is called the "voice of the common man." During the Revolution he served in the House of Burgesses and as governor of Virginia. He was a member of the radical faction which opposed the King before the revolution, and on a number of occasions swore he would give up his life before his freedom.
He has always thought of himself as a common man. He feels the rights of the people must be protected from all privileged classes, and he has always been a champion of popular rights.

1. Federalist

2. Anti-Federalist

3. Undecided

Reasons for your choice:

Essay Style Answer Required

5. Tom McKaan, like other lads of sixteen, ran away from home in 1776 to serve in the Continental Army. He was with Washington's troops at Valley Forge. A slight limp--he lost two toes from frost bite--serves to remind him of that long, hard winter. But his time in the hospital changed his life. An officer in the next bed, in more peaceful times a professor of English, taught Tom to read, as a means of whiling away the time. Tom was an apt pupil. His first primer, Thomas Paine's Common Sense, was the only book the professor had with him. Tom continued his own education when he was mustered out of the army. In the last ten years he has traveled and spent time in every state, making his living as a journalist. He is well aware of the problems facing the American colonies. He sees the "Spanish-Indian Conspiracy" as a great threat to American growth and the revolt of Daniel Shays as the beginning of the end for stable government.

1. Federalist

2. Anti-Federalist

3. Undecided

Reasons for your choice:

Essay Style Answer Required

6. Francis Whipple was born to wealth in the colony of Massachusetts. During the war years his family sent him to England to be educated in the ministry. After his return from his studies abroad, Charles decided that the economic survival of his state depended upon the acquisition of more land, and that political survival depends upon a strong central government to protect Whipple and his class from the increasing restlessness of the masses. Charles is forever preaching that man's instincts can never be trusted, that only strong government offers security. He feels that property rights must be protected and that the "masses" must be kept in their place. After seeing the results of Shays Rebellion, he feels the common people should have little or no voice in government.

1. Federalist

2. Anti-Federalist

3. Undecided

Reasons for your choice:

Essay Style Answer Required

7. Clymer Fitzsimmons is a frontiersman from the Northwest. He lives in a sparsely populated area. His father and mother were killed by the Indians during Pontiac's Rebellion. He has little formal education, but he has no equal in the woods. He was wounded at the Battle of Saratoga, and still carries an English "ball" in his right lung. He was captured later in the war and spent two years as a British prisoner. He is sure that the British government intends to suppress the colonies newly won independence. He believes in a well armed population and a large, well organized militia. Clymer has been little affected by the Articles of Confederation and he is basically satisfied with the present economic situation. He is suspicious of those colonial gentlemen of wealth and English custom. He resents the present state government because he is not allowed to vote, since he owns no property.

1. Federalist

2. Anti-Federalist

3. Undecided

Reasons for your choice:

Essay Style Answer Required

8. Our Founding Fathers wanted a government that would make errors of omission rather than adding laws we would later regret. They made it very difficult to get a law through Congress. Do you agree that it should be very hard to pass a law. Why or why not?

Essay Style Answer Required

9. Our Congresspersons represent an area of the country rather than just their party, as is done in other countries. Which system do you prefer and why?

Essay Style Answer Required

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thanks for the question.

Please make a new, separate post for this quiz. Include the due date and the text used. Begin your post with for "Chris M."

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks it did had some slight differeces is there any way you can make your answer atleast 4 sentences I just need to see the big picture
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

Just to reiterate, I can assist with these questions, if you post them on a new, separate question page.

Thanks!