Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

Which one of the following commences on the day inventory is

Which one of the following commences on the day inventory is purchased and ends on the day the payment for that inventory is collected? Assume all sales and purchases are on credit.

Inventory period

Accounts receivable period

Accounts payable period

Operating cycle

Cash cycle
Question 2
Which one of the following describes systemic risk?

Risk that affects a large number of assets

An individual security's total risk

Diversifiable risk

Asset specific risk

Risk unique to a firm's management
Question 3
Which one of the following terms best refers to the practice of investing in a variety of diverse assets as a means of reducing risk?

Systematic

Unsystematic

Diversification

Security market line

Capital asset pricing model

Question 4
Which one of the following is the slope of the security market line?

Risk-free rate

Market risk premium

Beta coefficient

Risk premium on an individual asset

Market rate of return4.
Question 5
Standard deviation measures _____ risk while beta measures _____ risk.

systematic; unsystematic

unsystematic; systematic

total; unsystematic

total; systematic

asset-specific; market
Question 6
Northern Wear stock has an expected return of 14.6 percent. Given the information below, what is the expected return on this stock if the economy is normal?

13 percent

16 percent

18 percent

21 percent

23 percent
Question 7
Which one of the following terms refers to a bond's rate of return that is required by the market place?

Coupon rate

Yield to maturity

Dirty yield

Call yield

Discount rate
Question 8
You want to create a $48,000 portfolio that consists of three stocks and has an expected return of 14.5 percent. Currently, you own $16,700 of stock A and $24,200 of stock B. The expected return for stock A is 18.7 percent, and for stock B it is 11.2 percent. What is the expected rate of return for stock C?

13.67 percent

14.14 percent

15.38 percent

15.87 percent

16.11 percent
Question 9
The written agreement that contains the specific details related to a bond issue is called the bond:

indenture.

debenture.

document.

registration statement.

issue paper.
Question 10
Miller Farm Products is issuing a 15-year, unsecured bond. Based on this information, you know that this debt can be described as a:

note.

bearer form bond.

debenture.

registered form bond.

call protected bond.
Question 11
A stock has a beta of 1.68, the expected return on the market is 14.72, and the risk-free rate is 4.65. What must the expected return on this stock be?

15.67 percent

16.75 percent

17.10 percent

18.46 percent

21.57 percent
Question 12
A call provision grants the bond issuer the:

right to contact each bondholder to determine if he or she would like to extend the term of his or her bonds.

option to exchange the bonds for equity securities.

right to automatically extend the bond's maturity date.

right to repurchase the bonds on the open market prior to maturity.

option of repurchasing the bonds prior to maturity at a pre-specified price.
Question 13
What is the net present value of a project with the following cash flows if the discount rate is 14 percent?

$742.50

$801.68

$823.92

$899.46

$901.15
Question 14
T.L.C., Inc. is considering an investment with an initial cost of $175,000 that would be depreciated straight line to a zero book value over the life of the project. The cash inflows generated by the project are estimated at $76,000 for the first two years and $30,000 for the following two years. What is the internal rate of return?

9.27 percent

9.98 percent

10.62 percent

10.79 percent

11.58 percent

Question 15
Western Electric has 23,000 shares of common stock outstanding at a price per share of $57 and a rate of return of 14.2 percent. The firm has 6,000 shares of 7 percent preferred stock outstanding at a price of $48 a share. The preferred stock has a par value of $100. The outstanding debt has a total face value of $350,000 and currently sells for 102 percent of face. The yield-to-maturity on the debt is 8.49 percent. What is the firm's weighted average cost of capital if the tax rate is 34 percent?

12.69 percent

13.44 percent

14.19 percent

14.47 percent

14.92 percent
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.
I am working on these 15 for you right now. Is there a time limit?
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration