Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher
1470369

The central theme of Joni L. Joness “Searching for Osun” installation

The central theme of Joni L. Jones’s “Searching for Osun” installation in Austin Texas was to:
Question 1 options:
A) perform racial stereotypes
B) explore the multiple, shifting and blurry identities
C) coming to America
D) African gods on stage

Question 2 (1 point)
According to Joni L. Jones, one of the primary ideas of performance ethnography or how culture is done in the body is that:
Question 2 options:
A) performers cannot out-dance the subjects
B) You can worship African gods in America
C) Whites get a chance to act black
D) people learn through participation

Question 3 (1 point)
In this research, Joni L. Jones concludes that Blackness is a series of :
Question 3 options:
A) acquired behaviors
B) stereotypical behaviors
C) radical or problem behaviors
D) child-like behaviors

Question 4 (1 point)
While in Nigeria, Joni the ethnographer experienced disorientation and was frequently called oyinbo meaning:
Question 4 options:
A) lost sister and one of us
B) one called and loved by the gods
C) stranger and white person
D) neither white nor black

Question 5 (1 point)
Osun-a prominent power in Yoruba spirituality is the force of:
Question 5 options:
A) evil, darkness and witchcraft
B) life creation, pleasure and luxury
C) law, punishment, fire and brimstone
D) lightning, thunder and storms.

Question 6 (1 point)
In Catherine Cole’s article “Reading Black Face, what raised questions about how black face traveled all the way to West Africa for the researcher?”
Question 6 options:
A) a newspaper
B) a film
C) a picture
D) a carving.
Question 7 (1 point)
According to Cole (in the reading), what fascinates most North Americans when they learn about the concert party?
Question 7 options:
A) Blackface
B) the music
C) improvisational skills
D) English accents.

Question 8 (1 point)
According to Cole, the only way African Americans could be accepted on stage was by:
Question 8 options:
A) taking off their clothes
B) blackening their faces
C) going to acting schools
D) knowing casting directors personally.

Question 9 (1 point)
In the film Stage Shakers, who played female roles in both concert party and minstrelsy?
Question 9 options:
A) young boys with thin voices
B) men in drag
C) transgender actors and actresses
D) bi-sexual actors

Question 10 (1 point)
In the film Stage Shakers, Catherine Cole discovered that in Ghana also known as The Gold Coast at the time, concerts began in _______________________________?
Question 10 options:
A) harbors
B) beach hotels
C) prisons
D) schools

Question 11 (1 point)
In the film Stage Shakers, the early Concert Party Theaters were in the form of a trio (had three characters only). Name any one character that comprised the trio in these early forms:
Question 11 options:
A) the gentleman, lady and the houseboy
B) the gentleman, lady and the govenor
C) the gentleman, lady and the dragon
D) the gentleman, lady and the spirit
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

Here are my answers for comparison to your own.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thank you!

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is always my greatest priority!

~~If you wish to request me in the future, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot see the answers!

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

Hello again,

I'm sorry you're having a problem downloading the file. All you had to do was click on the blue link 'answers' in my original answer, to download and view the answers. Try this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?cosm8qw47lz4bc5

Let me know after you have successfully downloaded and saved the file to your computer.

If you are still experiencing difficulty, I will re-send the answers in another way.

Best regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is all about blank pages. Nothing is written in there.

Please can you email it to me? or put it in a different format. I need my answeres.

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher, Teacher
Experience: Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,Customer

Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you found my answers helpful.

If you need any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will answer as soon as possible. Please ask further questions before rating. Thanks!

If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment to Rate positively (smiley face), as that is the only way I receive credit from the site for my assistance. Thanks very much!

Best wishes,
Cher