David L.
David L., Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications

David L: This question was answered by you on 8/12/2012. I

David L: This question was answered by you on 8/12/2012. I paid to see the response, but was provided a link to - this link was set to private so I was unable to see / download the answer, though I am still interested. The questions were:

1. An IP network is connected to a Novel IPX network via a gateway. The IP network protocol stack includes the following layers: TCP, IP, 802.3, and Physical Layer. The IPX network protocol stack includes: TCP, IPX, 802.3, and Physical Layer. Draw and explain the protocol layers of the IP network, the gateway and the IPX network.

2. Design a client/server network with two servers operating at 100Base-T Fast Ethernet speed and the clients operating at regular 10Base-T Ethernet speed using a 10/100 Mbps NIC. The hub is located in a wiring closet, but the servers and clients are not. Assume that a satisfactory performance is achieved at 30% utilization of the LAN.

3. Write an ASN.1 module that specifies DaysOfWeek as a SEQUENCE type with each day of the week (day1, day2,...) as the type VisibleString. Write the ASN.1 description:

a) for the structure
b) for the value.

4. TCP is a connection-oriented protocol and UDP is a connectionless protocol. Identify the differences in the two MIBs that exemplify this difference

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.