F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy
20040807

Working on Conch Republic Electronics capital budgeting problem.

Working on Conch Republic Electronics capital budgeting problem. I don't know how to figure the Investment in Working Capital.
Case study states NWC for the product will be 20 % of sales and will occur with the timing of the cash flows for the year; for example there is no initial outlay for NWC but changes in NWC will first occur in Year 1 with the first year's sales. Based on other information in problem I've calculated first year sales as $35.52M; do I subtract variable costs and depreciation from the 1st year's sales and take 20% of that amount to come up with the Investment in Working Capital? Does it change every year as the total sales per year change? UGH!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.