F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy

Working on Conch Republic Electronics capital budgeting problem.

Working on Conch Republic Electronics capital budgeting problem. I don't know how to figure the Investment in Working Capital.
Case study states NWC for the product will be 20 % of sales and will occur with the timing of the cash flows for the year; for example there is no initial outlay for NWC but changes in NWC will first occur in Year 1 with the first year's sales. Based on other information in problem I've calculated first year sales as $35.52M; do I subtract variable costs and depreciation from the 1st year's sales and take 20% of that amount to come up with the Investment in Working Capital? Does it change every year as the total sales per year change? UGH!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.