Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
32242116

Can you help me with one of my questions. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.

Chris12 :

Please include the question. Due date and time? APA? Word or page length? Number of references? Any additional informaiton needed to complete the assignment? The due date and time will determine if I can assist you, please let me know as soon as possible.

Customer:

I would need it as soon as possible. Which question are you looking at doing. I would need Essay 2 as soon as possible

Customer:

Essay #2 is 800 words and essay #3 is 1000. You use as many as little references as possible. APA yes

Chris12 :

Send me question 2, that will take the least amount of time to complete. When is question 3 due?

Customer:

$60 Bonus id I can get 11-24-12

Need Outline Please help. I am need this essay done ASAP. I need an outline with this also. In essay #2, you will consider Freire’s ideas alongside those of James Loewen, both of whom write about educational best practices from different perspectives. You will synthesize their ideas, teaching your readers what you find most significant. This will require you to consider how each writer would analyze the concepts of the other, identifying common ground as well as at what places the writers diverge. Remember that a synthesis requires more than summarizing other scholars’ work; instead, you will use their work as a basis for your own argumentative thesis. Consider Freire and Loewen’s arguments as they might apply to collegiate education. Construct an argument based on what you’ve learned from these readings about how you think collegiate education is best approached. If you like, you can draw from your own experiences, but keep in mind that both Freire and Loewen should be directly quoted and/or paraphrased in your paper. In this essay, you will construct your own argument that makes a contribution to the larger conversation about education suggested by Freire and Loewen. Although you will support your argument with material from Freire and Loewen’s essays, the central argument of your essay—the thesis—must be your own. Your audience is educated peers who have read Freire and Loewen closely. This means that you will not need to summarize the content of each essay; rather, you will draw from the texts to support your own assertions. You’ll want to consider at all points how to persuade your readers.

Customer:

Essay #3 would be due as soon as you could get it to me. Tomorrow?

Chris12 :

Okay, upload it to. I still need you to answer these questions for the assignments, please. APA? Word or page length? Number of references? Any additional informaiton needed to complete the assignment? The due date and time will determine if I can assist you, please let me know as soon as possible.

Customer:

Essay #3

Customer:

Need Outline I was needing help with this. I would need it by Thursday. EN 106 > Essay #3 Assignment > What Does it Mean to be Educated, and Who Decides?: Expanding the Conversation about Education In essay #3, you will consider additional perspectives on the topic of education, perspectives you will discover through scholarly research. Rather than attempt to integrate Freire, Loewen, and new sources, you will instead develop a new paper based on Loewen’s ideas. Feel free to retain and revise any of essay #2 that will help you construct this new argument. Loewen’s contention is that history, in particular American history, is typically taught in ways that obscure or overlook entirely the truth of event. First you’ll need to determine your stance in relation to Loewen’s thesis. Then, research what scholars have said about a specific historical event of your choosing. Start with an EBSCOhost search on the event using the Park University McAfee Memorial Library’s online database page, but also consider consulting the JSTOR database. Think about what you would like to teach your readers about the ways this historical event has been understood, misunderstood, taught, and learned. You might focus on the implications for students of history, or for citizens who understand or misunderstand their country’s history. Whatever focus you choose, be sure to place your new articles in conversation Loewen in order to make a central argument about education. Make sure that every paragraph of essay #3 points your readers toward your particular focus and argument. Some of you may find it possible to use some material from essay #2, and others will simply use essay #2 as a launching off point. Either way, I will be looking for a revised thesis, enhanced supporting arguments, incorporation of new research, etc. Remember the difference between revision and editing; this is a revision project, not an exercise in editing essay #2. In short, although you will use essay #2 as a basis, essay #3 should be a significant re-envisioning, with a revised thesis and development. It goes without saying that essay #3 will have a new title to reflect this revised content.

Customer:

Essay #2 800 words any number of references and yes APA

Customer:

Essay #3 1000 words any number of references and yes APA

Customer:

Any other questions

Chris12 :

Not at the moment but if anything else comes up I'll contact you ASAP.

Customer:

Thank you so much.

Chris12 :

You're welcome.

Customer:

:)

Chris12 :

Here's assignment 2: https://www.box.com/s/t1on4hky2bqqh38ggnv6. What is the latest time to turn in the 3rd assignment tomorrow?

Customer: When you can get it to me.
Chris12 :

Okay. I'll try to make it as early as possible.

Customer: Thank you
Chris12 :

Here's the assignment 3: https://www.box.com/s/pshse5v56rkvcrkb0wp1. If you need help again just let me know? Have a nice day.

Customer:

Would you like to help with this one. I would need it as soon as possible.

Customer:

Essay #4 Assignment

A World of Difference/A Shrinking World

: Entering a Conversation about Globalization

In essay #4, you will enter in conversation with two scholars who have written about the phenomenon of globalization from diverse perspectives: Kwame Anthony Appiah and Franklin Foer. After reading their essays, you will craft your own essay, anchored by a thesis that makes a contribution to this conversation. Your audience is educated peers who have read both essays. Respond to the following prompt:

Foer describes a division between prosoccer Americans and antisoccer Americans. Appiah also examines the ways that different cultural groups perceive themselves as opposed to others. Write an essay in which you draw on both authors’ insights about how and why cultural groups tend to see themselves in terms of us versus them. Teach your readers what you think is lost and, perhaps, gained by seeing the world this way. How does each author—and how do you—suggest we can overcome or at least understand our differences? (Greene and Lidinsky)

Guidelines for Essay #4 Length/Due Date

: approximately 800-1,000 words, due Sunday midnight Central Standard Time (CST).

Style/Format

: This, as all essays in EN 106, will be formatted according to MLA (Modern Language Association) guidelines for scholarship in the humanities:

1. 12 point, Times New Roman font, double-spaced.

2. 1-inch margins top, bottom, and sides.

3. Although no cover page is needed, you should include your name, my name, the course number/title, and date at the upper left-hand corner of the manuscript.

4. To view a sample MLA-formatted paper, see p. 246 in

1. Easy Writer

References

: Essay #4 will include formal references to the assigned readings, enough references to support your thesis. Such references will utilize quotation or paraphrasing, and they will include in-text citations (the author's last name and page number in parentheses; however, use only the page number if the author's last name is XXXXX XXXXX the text leading up to the quote or if the previous in-text citation included the name of the same author).

File format

: Please submit your essay in Rich Text Format (RTF). This is available in most word processing programs; it will ensure maximum document accessibility for all operating platforms.

Works Cited

: Your essay will include a Works Cited page, with entries for Appiah and Foer’s essays. See p. 222 of Easy Writer for directions on how to create a works-cited entry for a work in an anthology.

Titles

: Include a descriptive title at the beginning of your essay that tips your readers off to your thesis. Do not format your title with quotation marks, boldface, underlining or italics.

Customer:

I would like help with these questions. They each need to be at least 200 words for each question. Except for question number 2.

1. Greene and Lidinsky present three helpful models for formulating a working thesis:

• The Misinterpretations model: "Although many have argued X, a careful examination suggests Z."

• The Gap model: "Although others have noted X, they have overlooked the importance of Y."

• The Modification model: "Although I agree with the X and Y ideas of other writers, it is important to extend/refine/limit their ideas in this way..."

These thesis models are certainly not the only options available to you, but they do offer ways to enter an academic conversation and make a contribution that extends beyond merely summarizing or echoing someone else's ideas.

In this discussion thread, choose two of the above thesis models and craft two working thesis statements you could use in this week's essay.

2. As explained in the "reading" and "essay" content items this week, you will search one of the online databases for two articles that discuss some historical event or figure. You will use these articles to test, extend, and complicate your thesis from last week's essay. The sources you find will be unique in the sense that they will not be shared by anyone else in the course, except in the rare event of a coincidental match between you and a colleague. You will locate these sources using the Park Universitiy McAfee Memorial Library's online databases (I recommend JSTOR).

For the purpose of this week's revision project, you should seek articles that meet the following criteria:

• longer than 500 words

• available in full text format

You should feel free to imagine a wide range of possibilities for integrating the sources into your revised essay, as long as the end result is consistent with the rhetorical aims of the assignment. You should also know that exploring fifteen to twenty items deep in any search is appropriate. In other words, for the best results, be diligent about exploring beyond the top three hits of any single search.

In your post to this discussion thread, you will compose the MLA-formatted Works Cited entries for the two scholarly sources you found for this week's essay. Additionally, you will compose a two-paragraph post that:

• briefly comments on how each article has affected your thinking on the topic of history and education--in other words, how each article is helping you "re-see" your thesis from last week's essay;

• based on Greene and Lidinsky's criteria for evaluating source, explains how you know the sources you located are suitable (i.e., credible) for academic conversations.

3. In this discussion thread, let's read rhetorically to understand the central claims, supporting arguments, and persuasive strategies of each author. Anticipating this week's essay assignment, let's also attempt to synthesize Appiah and Foer to identify themes, issues, and arguments you might want to pick up on in your essay.

In your initial post this week, answer three out of the following questions (some are adapted from those posed by Greene and Lidinsky):

1. What are Appiah and Foer's theses? How do you know?

2. Both Appiah and Foer analyze "us v. them" mentalities--that is, how cultural groups often define themselves by what they aren't. Identify some of the cultural groups to which you belong (remember "cultural groups" can form around anything--from ethnicity to religion to hobbies). Then, discuss the extent to which these cultural groups define themselves in relation to others.

3. What ideas and arguments are of most interest and relevance to you in each essay? Why? What ideas and arguments can you trace as common and different between Appiah and Foer's essays? How do these connections help you understand the issues at play in any discussion of globalism/globalization?

4. Foer makes heavy use of personal experience in building his argument. How do his stories enhance his central message? After reading the essay assignment for this week, can you find ways to use narrative or anecdote in your essay? How will you integrate your personal experience in ways that, to quote Lunsford, "build common ground"?

5. Drawing upon the terms and strategies Greene and Lidinsky use in Chapter 9, analyze the effectiveness of Appiah and Foer's introductions and conclusions. Are Appiah and Foer's introductions and conclusions persuasive? Why and how?

4. What do Appiah and Foer mean by "globalization"? Brainstorm with the class about your understanding of the term, and then look up definitions on the web to enhance that understanding. A Google search can help you reach the Websites of reputable organizations with different perspectives. Share what you find on several of these sites.

In addition to presenting your thoughts/definitions, provide a brief evaluation of one Website's credibility, using the criteria Greene and Lidinsky present on pp. 136-138.

Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor