Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.
29937297

Bill and Tom worked together as drivers for Ajax Armored Car

Bill and Tom worked together as drivers for Ajax Armored Car Co. After Bill reported Tom to the company’s management for violating a company policy, the company fired Tom. Angered that Bill had “snitched” on him, Tom decided to get even with Bill.

Tom bought a pistol, some ammunition, and a rubber mask to use as a disguise. Expecting that Bill would follow the same route and schedule that had been in effect before Tom was fired, Tom hid behind a newsstand near a bank where the armored car ordinarily picked up the bank’s daily receipts. He intended to put on the mask and rob Bill at gunpoint as he emerged from the bank with the bags of money. As it turned out, the company had altered the pick-up schedule so that the armored car had come and gone by the time Tom arrived at the location.

Even more irate that he had missed this opportunity, Tom decided he would make a bomb, follow Bill’s armored car, plant the bomb under the car at a time when Bill was inside the bank picking up money, and detonate the bomb from a remote location as soon as Bill reentered the car. Tom bought a book that contained instructions for making a bomb that would be powerful enough to completely destroy an armored car, purchased the necessary explosives and detonation materials, and began to assemble the bomb in the garage attached to the house where he rented a room from the owner, who also resided there. While he was assembling the bomb, Tom inadvertently ignited the materials, causing an explosion and fire that resulted in burning down the house and garage.

What crimes, if any, did Tom commit? Explain fully.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, contingently, please continue the search for the right professional. Thanks a million!!
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Ray Atkinson replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience: Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.