1. (TCO 1) The DC or average voltage will do what when adding an additional capacitor in parallel? (Points : 4)
A. Increase B. Decrease C. Remain constant D. Cannot be determined
2. (TCO 1) As the AC input voltage increases at the transformer primary, the secondary voltage will ______. (Points : 4)
A. Decrease B. Increase C. Remain constant D. The output will go to zero.
3. (TCO 1) As the load resistance increases, ______. (Points : 4)
A. The ripple voltage will increase B. The DC voltage will increase and the ripple voltage will decrease C. The DC voltage will increase and the ripple voltage will increase D. The DC voltage will decrease and the ripple voltage will decrease E. The capacitor opposes a change in voltage so both the DC and the ripple will decrease
4. (TCO 2) If the coupling capacitor shorts out, ______. (Points : 4)
A. The DC voltages will be changed B The AC gain will change C. The circuit will work better at higher frequencies
5. (TCO 2) If the BJT is saturated, ______. (Points : 4)
A. Vce = 0 B. Ic = 0 C. Beta = Ic/Ib D. Alpha = Ie/Ic
6. (TCO 2) For the waveforms given below, Ch A is on top and Ch B is on bottom. Calculate the gain and phase difference. (Points : 4)
A. 7m and 180 degrees or out of phase B. 145 and 0 degrees or in phase C. 145V and out of phase D. 120 and out of phase E. 145 and 180 degrees or out of phase
1. (TCO 1) Find the following for an input of 120 VAC(RMS), 60 hertz, given a 20:1 stepdown transformer. The secondary is less voltage than the primary. Rload is 100 ohms. Round off to the nearest tenths place.
1a: Primary or input peak voltage = 1b: Secondary peak voltage = 1c: Primary peak current = (Points : 8)
2. (TCO 1) For the block diagram below, find the following if Vsecondary = 18Vrms, 60 Hz, Rload = 150 ohms. Round off to the tenths place. The transformer ratio is 6.67:1.
5a: Peak voltage out of the diode bridge = 5b: DC voltage out of the diode bridge with no filter capacitor = 5c: DC load current = (Points : 8)
3. (TCO 2) Given the resistance of the servo motor is 800 ohms, and beta is 300, find the following: Maximum and minimum collector currents, Vout and Ib when Vin is 5 volts.
6a: Minimum Ic = 6b: Maximum Ic = 6c: Vout (at Vin = 5V) = 6d: Ib (when Vin = 5V) = (Points : 8)
4. (TCO 2) For the circuit below with Vcc = 30V and Beta = 200, find Ic and Vce. (Points : 7)
You can skip that part.