Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

1.) Which of the following is the best example of a formal

1.) Which of the following is the best example of a formal presentation situation? A. Presentation of your findings at weekly departmental meetings B. A short presentation to a group of people who will use the information you present as a springboard for a group discussion C. A meeting with your immediate supervisor D. A presentation to corporate executives or international customers 2.) Audience members who include people in decision-making positions who may have limited technical experience, such as corporate officers, governmental officials, and military leaders, are best described as: A. professional peers. B. nonexpert professionals. C. international audiences. D. general audiences. 3.) When you show your audience how something is done, define and describe a process as it happens, and educate the audience, you are providing: A. an informal presentation. B. a persuasive presentation. C. a demonstration. D. a training session. 4.) When you avoid cramming too much information into the allotted time, intersperse difficult material with easier material, and use a variety of activities, you are using the strategy of: A. making what you say easy to listen to and remember. B. varying the pacing and structure of your presentation. C. encouraging active involvement. D. creating an audience-centered atmosphere. 5.) Making the statement "So far I have explained three common methods to eliminate exposed asbestos in your facility" is an example of __________ the presentation. A. including summaries in B. using transitions in C. previewing the organization of D. drawing conclusions from facts presented in 6.) When using flip charts or posters in a presentation, the people in the last row should be able to easily read the information on the visual; allow __________ of letter height for every ten feet of audience. A. 1/2 inch B. 1 1/2 inches C. 1 inch D. 2 inches 7.) Which of the following statements is true about handouts? A. Handouts should provide only the key points of your presentation; otherwise, your audience will read the handouts instead of listening to you. B. You should always give the handout at the very beginning of the presentation. C. Handouts should be presented as loose pages so that the participants can bind them in their preferred manner. D. In a long set of handouts, it is easier for the audience to "turn to the page following the blue page divider" than to "turn to page 9 in your handout." 8.) Correspondence is different from other genres of technical communication; examples of correspondence include: A. reports. B. e-mail and memos. C. training manuals. D. technical instructions. 9.) Which of the following is NOT true concerning electronic messages? A. Do not respond immediately to a message that upsets you. B. Keep the message brief and on topic. C. You do not need to refer to the content of the original message by quoting or summarizing the subject. D. Cover only one topic in each message to make replying, forwarding, or organizing archived messages easier. 10.) Which of the following is true concerning e-mail? A. A survey by the American Management Association found that 95% of employees work for companies that have e-mail policies and all of those employees are familiar with their company's policies. B. According to a court decision in a case involving Nissan (as discussed in your textbook), companies do not own everything that is sent on the networks they own; employees who send private e-mails on the company network retain ownership of all of the e-mails they write. C. In professional correspondence it is appropriate to use emoticons and abbreviated spellings, such as "c u" for "see you" as these make people feel more comfortable with your message. D. Never write anything in an e-mail that you would not be willing to say to your boss or in a court of law. 11.) When writing e-mail, memos, and letters, organize material __________ if you anticipate a neutral or positive response. A. in direct (descending) order B. in indirect (ascending) order C. using bullets D. by first asking questions which are then followed by explanatory material 12.) Which of the following is an example of using the "you" attitude as discussed in the textbook? A. Your order will be shipped on March 17, one week later than originally anticipated. B. I appreciate your hard work on this project. C. We need your crew to follow the new procedures. D. Our department is backlogged, so we will have to delay shipment of your order. 13.) Which of the following is the only component listed below that is different in a response that rejects an inquiry than in one that accepts an inquiry? A. Acknowledge the inquiry. B. Offer an alternative. C. Build goodwill. D. Conclude in a friendly manner.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)