David L.
David L., Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications

The CTO of the organization has requested your forensics team

The CTO of the organization has requested your forensics team to put together a forensics plan for a new case #XXXXX involving the consistent loss of private corporation information to a competitor. It will be critical to find which system and employee is allowing this information to be intentionally shared with the competitor and then verify the accuracy of the forensics copy once this activity is discovered on the network. One of the sections of the forensics plan needing clarification is the section regarding how to verify the accuracy of this data by ensuring hashing techniques are used. Explain the following in this discussion:

Discuss the method to perform hashing to ensure the integrity of the digital evidence file.

Describe some of the differences in using hashing techniques and technologies in a private case as mentioned above and then an official federal investigation.

Under which scenario would be required by law to use hashing, and what would be the consequences of not using hashing?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i'll wait

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

would you allow someone in the computer area answer this question, please.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

There are several computer Professionals in the Homework category. We are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Your business is very important to us and we thank you for your patience. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

My name isXXXXX moderator contacted me regarding your question.

Is there a length or format requirement? By when do you need it completed?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

3-5 paragraphs

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I will start work on it and post the answer document here for you to download.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will i have it today

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I am working on it now.
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
David L., Engineer
Experience: 20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications