DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
50366526

I need to do research on certain produce items in the US.

I need to do research on certain produce items in the US. How much is consumed by americans each year, how much are consumed locally (WA state), where they are produced and how they are transported to the US. More specifically produce items listed below. The exact questions are listed below.

One of each subject: Apples (fresh fruit) Apple juice (shelved produce) Frozen Green Beans (frozen produce) & Eggplant (fresh vegetable) Where can I begin gathering this information and where can I find references?

Exact questions: ( for each produce item.)

About how much of this item is consumed yearly by americans? Provide reference.

About how much of this item is consumed locally? (WA State)

Which countries are the top three sources of this item? Provide reference

How far does this item have to travel from each of these countries to reach the U.S.? Provide reference

Identify the nearest possible source (grown) for this item?(Seattle, WA)

What specific company is involved in selling and distributing the item from the source you just identified? Cite a brand name if possible.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the response. I was wondering if this was too difficult to answer. I need to complete my report by Mon night at midnight. I will need about a 1/2 day for putting together the final touches and think if I can get an answer by Mon afternoon I'll be set. I am going to continue to do my own research until then. So if you can find me an expert by tonight it would be amazing! Thank you

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 2 years ago.

Hi!

I might be able to help. I can try a few sources and see whether the information is available. As I look, I'll also leave this open to all experts. Thanks so much for your patience! DXJ

Hi!
I have made some headway............

I have not yet been able to locate the Washington State consumption data.

I will work on the other part of the writeup, if that's okay.

Thanks so much for your patience! DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sounds great. Thank you for working on this. I have most of the data for apples & apple juice besides the process/distance of importation from outside countries. Apples being the most common of the other produce items. Eggplant and frozen green beans seem to be a little more difficult... It seems to be easier to find out the amount of production/avg retail prices but consumption information is a little more difficult.

Thank you

Hi!

I had the apple information and the mileage calculations. I'm writing up the answers to the national stats. I have not yet located the WA consumption information. Did you try writing your professor for suggestions about that question? (It's just a thought.). DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I tried asking but no reply. I think he is saving all questions for Mondays lecture. It will be the last chance to ask face to face. He is testing us to see if we will give up. I obtained the local stats on apples and apple juice so no worries on that. Are you able to find out anything on frozen green beans & eggplant? They are the hardest ones to find data on.

Thank you

Hi!

I finished writing up the eggplant and apple section with the exception of the Washington State consumption data. I cannot find that.

I have been hard-pressed for the snap-bean (frozen) data but I have located some finally! I will have it to you shortly! DXJ

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thats great! I was giving up hope.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students

Hi, James!

I'm glad I could help!

I sincerely hope you were able to locate the local information.

Best to you!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
DXJ