judybailey52
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience:  20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
46206387

Complete the following steps: 1. Open a new, blank document,

Complete the following steps:
1. Open a new, blank document, and save it as Herschel Society.
2. Change the document's orientation to landscape.
3. On the Insert tab, click the Table button, and then click Draw Table at the bottom of
the Insert Table menu. The Draw Table pointer (which looks like a pencil) appears.
You drag the pointer horizontally or vertically to create a straight line, and diagonally
to create a rectangle.
4. Click in the upper-left corner of the document (near the paragraph mark), and then
drag down and to the right to draw a rectangle that stretches to the right and bottom
margins. The rectangle should be a little less than nine inches wide and six inches high.
5. Use the Draw Table pointer to draw the columns and rows shown in Figure 3-42. For
example, to draw the column border for the "Dark Sky Protocol" column, click the
top of the rectangle where you want the column to begin, and drag down to the bottom
of the rectangle. Use the same technique to draw rows. (If you make a mistake,
use the Undo button. To delete a border, click the Eraser button on the Table Tools
Design tab, click the border you want to erase, and then click the Eraser button again
to turn it ok Click the Draw Table bottom to turn on the Draw Table pointer again.)
6. Press the Escape key to turn off the Draw Table pointer.
7. In the left column, type the text Dark S~ Protocol. With the pointer still in that cell,
click the Table Tools Layout tab, then in the Alignment group, click the Text Direction
button twice to position the text vertically so that it reads from bottom to top. Using
the formatting options on the Home tab, format the text in 36-point font. Click the Table Tools Layout tab and then, in the Alignment group, click the Align Center button.
(Hint: You will probably have to adjust and readjust the row and column borders
throughout these steps, until all the elements of the table are positioned properly.)
8. Type the remaining text, as shown in Figure 3-42. Replace "Sarah Vernon" with your
own name. Use bold as shown in Figure 3-42 to draw attention to key elements.
Use the default font, but change the font sizes as necessary to make your table look
like the one in Figure 3-42. Likewise, use the Center Align button on the Table Tools
Layout tab as necessarily.(Hint: For the bottom three cells, use 16-point or 18-point
font for the bold items, and 14-point or 16-point font for the other text.)
9. Switch to the Insert tab. In the Illustrations group, click the Shapes button and then,
under "Stars and Banners," click the 4-Point Star shape. In the blank cell in the top
row, position the mouse pointer over the upper left corner, and then click and drag
the mouse pointer down and to the right to draw a four-pointed star. If the star isn't
centered neatly in the cell, click the Undo button and try again until you draw a star
that looks similar to the one in Figure 3-42. On the Drawing Tools Format tab, in the
Shape Styles group, click the Shape Fill button arrow and, under "Standard Colors,"
click the yellow square. Click anywhere outside the star to deselect it.
10. Change the document theme to Civic.
11. Remove the borders by selecting the entire table clicking the Table Tools Design tab,
Clicking the Borders button arrow (in the Table Styles group), and then selecting No
Border.
12. Save your work, preview w the document, make any necessary adjustments.
Category: Homework
Expert:  judybailey52 replied 1 year ago.
I'll be happy to assist you with this today.

Judy
Smile
Sorry, there is information missing ... particularly Figure 3-42 as well as other information that is supposed to be in the chart.

Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please go to www.wikisend.com and download document containing Figure 3-42. The File ID is 919450.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did this help you?

Sorry, no. Those are just the instructions you have posted here. There is information missing as I indicated to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I sent the wrong file. One moment...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here's the correct file. File ID: 212204. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok, I've got it. But it won't be completed until Sunday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

By what time today, will you be able to complete this assignment?

I'm just checking it over now. About 2 p.m. EST
Be sure to change the name "Sarah Vernon" to your name.

Here are my thoughts on your question.

Click here to retrieve your file.

Reminder... you need to rate/submit my answer or I do not receive any credit for my help today.

Your deposit does not automatically transfer to me.

Let me know immediately if you are unable to retrieve your file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost Done! RATING REQUIRED. Rate the advice you've received today (at least 3 or higher) so that I receive credit for helping you/answering your question. Need more help? Reply below with more questions!

PLEASE NOTE: Responses here are for information/education only. They are to provide guidance and samples for your use. The information contained here is a resource – the same as a Website or your text and should be combined with your own thoughts. Consider any information provided as a model response.

judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience: 20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dark Sky Protocol needs to be blocked/lined.

I interpreted this to mean to remove all lines.

Remove the borders by selecting the entire table clicking the Table Tools Design tab, Clicking the Borders button arrow (in the Table Styles group), and then selecting No Border.

I'll put the blocks back in.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.