LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML

1. What is the Java source filename extension? What is the

Customer Question

1. What is the Java source filename extension? What is the Java bytecode filename extension?
A source file would use a .java extension and a bytecode a .class extension.
2. Write a Java statement to display the string “The value is 100” to a user in a plain dialog box.

3. What is the command you would use to compile the file Addition.java?
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog( null, "The sum is " + sum,
"Results", JOptionPane.PLAIN_MESSAGE );
4. What is the command you would use to execute the Addition class?
public class Addition.
5. What does a Java class contain that identifies it as a Java application?
Public Static void main(String[] arg)
6. Write a Java statement that declares a constant called MAX which has a value of 1000.
final MAX value = 1000

7. How do C++ chars differ from Java chars?
C++ chars are a singlebyte signed, Java is 2 byte usigned
8. Given a double variable called dval, write a single Java statement to prompt the user to enter the price of an item using JOptionPanes, convert the result and store it into dval.

9. Write one Java statement to display the string “The average is xxx” to the console, where the xxx displays the value from the double variable sum divided by 3. Make sure the value is displayed with 3 digits following the decimal point.

10. Write one Java statement to create a string containing “The average is xxx” where the xxx contains the formatted value from the double variable sum divided by 3. Make sure the formatted string contains only 2 digits following the decimal point. Store the formatted string into a String variable called str.

11. Explain the difference between an object reference in Java and an object. Use an example to illustrate your answer.

In Java, declaring a class variable does not create an object of the class, it merely creates a variable which can hold a reference to an object(pg 3, Lecture).

12. Explain how objects are created in Java and how the memory used by objects is recovered. Compare this to object creation and destruction in C++.
All Java objects are created dynamically. There is no delete operator in Java. Java keeps track of the references which a program has to dynamically allocated objects.
13. Explain how primitive values like doubles are passed between functions in Java. How are string objects passed between functions in Java?

14. How are static methods different from non-static methods? How do you invoke a static method? Give an example of a static method.
A static method belongs to the class and a non-static method belongs to an object of a class.
Integer.parseInt(someString);
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,
“Here is an example of invoking a static method!”); (pg.5, Lecture)
15. Write an expression that returns a random value between 1 and 100. The values 1 and 100 must be included in the values that can be returned.
(int)(Math.random() *101) (p.82, Liang)
16. Write one Java statement that creates an array of 100 doubles.
Double[] values = new double[100]
17. Write one Java statement that creates an array of integers containing the multiples of 10 between 10 and 100, including 10 and 100.

18. Write one Java statement that would take an array A and copy its contents into array B. Assume that A and B already exist and that B is at least as large as A and that they are both of the same data type.

19. Write a Java method which takes an integer array parameter and locates the minimum value in the array and outputs that value using System.out.printf. Use an enhanced for loop to process the array. You only need one loop to do this!

20. Write a Java method which takes an integer array parameter and fills the array with random numbers between 1 and 1000, including 1 and 1000. Use a traditional for loop to process the array.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Welcome to JustAnswer.
my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will help you with your all questions.
Let me know the deadline for this question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If possible sunday afternoon. Thanks for your help. I am still reading my weekly assignments. I am just afraid to fall behind this week with my traveling.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
I will provide the answer in next few hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you sir. It is my first week. I could definitely use the assistance to learn.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Welcome :)
Check back in 3-4 hours
bookmark this page to come back anytime
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will do!

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
thank you.
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for he quick response! This will surely help!

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Welcome.