FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

Have three questions (for an exam) on Real Estate Law in Florida.

Customer Question

Have three questions (for an exam) on Real Estate Law in Florida. Will pay separately for each answer and ask each situation separately. Need legal cites (Statutes, Case Law or Articles) for each question and must answer the three or four questions at the end of each of three situations.

First situation: I just bought a large piece of property for $50,000 cash. The property is fully fenced and seems to measure 6.5 acres. The previous owner doesn't have the exact parcel information and says she bought if fully fenced from a previous owner. We are all assuming that the fence outlines the property. How can I be sure?

a. Where can I find this information?
b. Who to contact?
c. Is there any FL case law that can help me in this situation? (Statute of Frauds comes to mind but may not be applicable.)
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is FiveStarLaw. I am a Florida licensed attorney and I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Don't Forget that the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until [I/] you rate my service [B/] ! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the law .

Please give me approximately 10 min. to respond to your question
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX to contact me out of the Just Answer network to tell me my answer is ready. Two more situations to come.

Hi Joe,

Your e-mail was redacted by the site. Unfortunately site rules prohibit me from having contact other than on the site. If you would like to submit your other 2 questions now, I will answer all 3 questions today. Start your new questions with "For FiveStarLaw" so they are sent directly to me. If you are not a rush, I will have your answers within a few hours
Question 1
I just bought a large piece of property for $50,000 cash. The property is fully fenced and seems to measure 6.5 acres. The previous owner doesn't have the exact parcel information and says she bought if fully fenced from a previous owner. We are all assuming that the fence outlines the property. How can I be sure?

a. Where can I find this information?
You would have a surveyor perform a survey of the property and compare the survey with the property description as recorded in you are deed. Typically this survey would be performed prior to the closing of the house and title insurance would be purchased to insure against defects in title (which can include encroachments)

b. Who to contact?
surveyor

If the fence encroaches upon the neighbor's property, you may claim title to the property by adverse possession based upon your predecessors use of the land under Florida Statute 95.16 or Florida Statute 95.18
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What about the statute of frauds, i.e. not having an exact legal description of the property involved nor apparently a written bill of sale. Situation #1

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've lost the other two questions. Did you get them and when (today or tomorrow) can I expect an answer to them. Loved the answers to my situation One.

Thank you very much for the excellent rating. I did not receive your additional 2 questions. Please resubmit them and be certain to begin your new question pages with: "For FiveStarLaw"