Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

forensics

1. when forensic scientists are choosing the appropriate analytical technique all of the following are true except a. which properties are to be measured b. whether the evidence is organic or inorganic c. the socio-economic status of the crime victim d. the need for qualitive or quantitive determination 2. gas chromatography is a preferable test of organic material for all of the following reasons except its ability to a. identify matter with total certainty b. yield high sensitive quantitative results c. use retention time characteristics to help identify material d. take a short amount of time to break down highly complex mixtures 3. high performance liquid chromatographys major advantage over basic gas chromatography is that it a. uses a simple capillary action to separate mixtures b. results in a permanent record of mixture seperation c. allows examination of heat-sensitive explosives and drugs d. involves the vaporization of samples prior to their analysis 4. the technique that has the capability of analyzing small amounts of multiple organic substances on one plate at low cost, but requires visualizing the organic material by placing the plates under ultraviolet light or spraying them with a chemical reagent is a. gas chromatography b. infrared spectrphotometry c. thin layer chromatography d.high performance liquid chromatography 5. which of the following depends on variations in the charge and size of proteins to migrate across a charged get coated plate to identify blood enzymes a. chromatography b. electrophoresis c. sublimation d. pyrolysis 6. which of the following instrument depends upon the relationship known as Beer's Law a. gas chromatograph b. spectrophotometer c. pyrogram d. laser 7. the basic components of a simple spectrophotometer include all of the following except a. detector b. recorder c. stationary phase d.frequency selector 8. instead of using a monochromator most lab infrared spectrophotometers currently rely on which of the following to measure the wavelengths of light a material will absorb in the infrared spectrum a.Beer's Law b. Henry's Law c. Plancks constant d.fouriers transform analysis 9. The unique feature of mass spectrometry is that under carefully controlled conditions a. fingerprints can become visible to the naked eye b. light becomes a stream of discrete energy particles c. no two substances produce the same fragmentation pattern d. multiple components of a mixture can be displayed on a chromatogram 10. the ultimate identification of organic materials in terms of speed accuracy and sensitivity occurs with the integration of all of the following except the a. monochromator b. computer system c. mass sectrometer d. gas chromatograph 11. antimony and silver concentrations in the kennedy assassination bullets test represent which of the following a. organic analysis b. invisible markers c. stationary phases d. evidence identification 12. exciting the atoms of a samples elements to the point they emit light which then can be separated into its component frequencies and recorded, BEST descrbes which of the following a. electrophoresis b. x-ray diffraction c. emmision spectrograph d. neutron activation analysis 13. a drawback to emission spectrometry as applied to the analysis of mutilated bullets is that: a. trace elements cannot be easily detected b. elemental profiles may not constitute a definitive match c.courts have not accepted the validity of this scientific procedure d. the elemental spectrum is an unreliable method of identification 14. Advantages of flameless atomic absorption spectrophotometry include all the following except a. low cost b. simplicity c. increased sensitivity d. multiple element identification 15. which of the following determines the identity of an isotope a. atoms b.protons c. electrons d. neutrons 16. which of the following will generate radiation a. photons interaction with an electron b.drop of electrons into lower energy orbits c. spontaneous disintegration of unstable nuclei d. energy differential between a nucleus and orbiting electrons 17. in identifying and qualifying trace elements neutron activation analysis includes all of the following advantages except a.most sensitive detection b. low cost and easy access c. nondestructive impact on samples d. simultaneous analysis of multiple evidence 18. emission and absorption spoectrography neutron analysis and x-ray diffraction techniques are all comparable in that they a. operate at room temperature b. are used to identify organic materials c.analyze trace elements present in the sample d. produce a fingerprint of the analyzed material 19. the best technique for identifying the major constitutes of crystalline material is a.x-ray diffraction b. atomic absorption c. neutron activation analysis d. plasma emission spectrometry 20. the major drawback to x-ray diffraction is its a. inaccuracy b. complexity c. relative slowness d. lack of sensitivity

Category: Homework
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Are these test/exam questions?

Kindly let me know before i can help you
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

home work

Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Your Positive-Ratings (accepts) to Questions-answered ratio is 25%, which is way lower than an average of approx. 95% for most question-askers.

In the presence of above facts i would like to opt out of the question, so that other experts, if interested can hep you.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay thank you

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can wait thank you

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks I look forward to your business

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I can wait

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will an someone be available this week?

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Your question is open to all the Professionals and marked high priority. You'll receive an email notification if a Professional replies. We appreciate your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As long as it is less than two weeks is that feasible

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I failed my other homework qi=uiz for 60 dollars I got a 65 do I get my 60 dollars back???? That is very unfair

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I wanted to know when my 60 dollars will be reversed? The one that answered and failed my quiz said I would not be charged. Please find someone that is not rude and knows what they are doing? Thanks have a blessed night.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I wanted to know when my 60 dollars will be reversed? The one that answered and failed my quiz said I would not be charged. Please find someone that is not rude and knows what they are doing? Thanks have a blessed night. I just need answers to these questions not the others. I already turned them in and received a 65. Please find a better expert for these. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you get Chris M. to answer them. He did great on my others one??? Have you found someone?

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional, Chris M., a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online. If I can help further, please let me know.

Your concerns regarding your other question, your result, and refund have been forwarded to Customer Service and a Representative will you via email.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stacey,

I may be able to assist you with this exam. However, the following pending answer I recently helped you with was never accepted: http://www.justanswer.com/homework/79xay-1-documents-fibers-hair-powder-residue-serial-numbers.html. Please check on that one, and also provide your latest deadline for the above quiz.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you you are awesome!!! I have a week left!

Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'll should have these for you by Sat.(11/03), if not sooner.

Thanks!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)