Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
32242116

2. List 5 examples of bias on the Web and then describe each

2. List 5 examples of bias on the Web and then describe each example with details and analysis of your own? 3. Describe the impact of distributed and networked computing on authentication and authorization processes, particularly with respect to the operating system 4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of implementing a payroll application as compared to implementing it using client-server architecture on a private network without Web browsers and servers? Justify your response.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris12 replied 2 years ago.

Chris12 :

What day and time is the assignment due? Page or word count? References needed? APA? Is there additional information needed to complete the assignment?

Customer:

sunday. 6pm. no references. kind like exam questions

Chris12 :

Okay, understood. I'm on it.

Customer:

thanks

Chris12 :

You're welcome.

Chris12 :

2. List 5 examples of bias on the Web and then describe each example with details and analysis of your own?

1. Domain suffix refers to the domain name of the organization that is providing the information. The suffix gives the user an idea of who is providing the information and the amount of possible bias attached. Websites that end with .edu are institutions and colleges which provide information based on published articles and specific news about the college itself. These websites are considered to carry reliable information with a reduced chance of bias. The articles provided can be cross referenced with information from other sources and even the sources from the author.

There are other websites such as the .com or .gov websites that would have an increased amount of bias. Commercial based websites are maintained by businesses that want individuals to think a certain way in order to get increased profits. Government based websites do provide informative data but we can't be sure if all relevant data is included. Also, the government has a long history of keeping secrets and swaying public opinions. These articles should be cross references as well with other information.

2. Authority is based on who is responsible for the creation of either the website itself or the documentation found on it. When there is no author expressly listed then it's time to look for a sponsor. Sponsors like the World Health Organization would color the articles and information to persuade individuals to live healthier lives and avoid behaviors/activities that would cause harm. Investigating the sponsor is a wise decision to determine the validity and reliability of the information on the website.

3. Currency deals with time. Information is constantly changing. A website containing only information from 1964 may not be as reliable as information from 2012. The key is the type of information listed such as experiments, statistical data, and also journal findings. It is always good to follow up with the most current information possible to maintain fresh eyes on the subject matter.

4. Links allow the user to move from one piece of relevant information to another. When coming across a website that has all or most of the links disconnected this should be a red flag to stay away. Maintenance on a website is key for optimal operations. When there are excessive link problems this means that updates are not done in a timely manner. The information given may be linked to currency, being outdated because there is no regular upkeep.

5. URL or the site address is a dead giveaway on the sponsor of the site. For example the American Psychological Association (APA) has this web address www.apa.org. When the user can clearly define the sponsors of the website it is easier to run a check on the organization or company. Track records are very important in the trust process.

3. Describe the impact of distributed and networked computing on authentication and authorization processes, particularly with respect to the operating system

Microsoft Windows is one of the most power operating systems on the planet. Windows Server 2003 will be the example concerning distributed and networked computing. In terms of distributed systems they pose great problems because many different host computers are linked together making them an attractive target for hackers. They are also subject to user issues. Host compromise is the subtle or domineering corruption of the process state of information. Communication compromise takes the form of eavesdropping on transmitted messages and altering the composition of messages.

The authentication process makes sure that everyone using the system is accurately identified. This is done through an interactive logon process and a network authentication process. A user cannot gain access without both working successfully. The interactive logon would connect the user to either a domain account or a local computer. The network authentication confirms the user's identity to any network service that the user is attempting access.

4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of implementing a payroll application as compared to implementing it using client-server architecture on a private network without Web browsers and servers? Justify your response

Payroll applications that are isolated on client-server architecture without Internet or servers have several disadvantages: (1) the software is only found on one machine, (2) it is not easily transferable, and (3) the printing of payroll checks is only possible from the one machine. The advantages are: (1) ease of tracking those who have had access to the payroll software, and (2) the possibility of hacking the system is greatly reduced because there is no Internet access.

Customer:

thanks very much

Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor