GeologyTutor, Geologist
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Tutored many high school and college students. Sciences and Religion

Assume that by burning coal extensively, the U. S. causes a

Assume that by burning coal extensively, the U. S. causes a substantial increase in pollution and acid rain, and Canada, understandably, objects. How might the U. S. and Canada resolve this dispute?
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer,

Acid rain and transboundary pollution in the form of particulates, nitrates, and sulfates is and has been, an ongoing issue for the United States and Canada. There are several things that each of the countries could do to resolve the issue. The first would be to agree to reduce the amount of pollution (nitrates, sulfates, and particulates) that are actually produced in the regions of the countries that contribute to the problem. This could be through the reduction of the use of coal for another fuel source, or through technology that decreases the amount of pollution at the source (such as scrubbers).

Another important part to the resolution of the dispute is to agree to share information and data. This could include data from monitoring stations on either side of the border and data on emissions.

Finally, the countries could agree to work together to find technological 'fixes' to the pollution issue.

I hope this answered your question,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How would they go about finding these fixes together? What sources was this information recieved from? I do have to include my sources within my answer. Thank you.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so very much for your help. I'm sure that this helps me out a bunch. Thank you again.Laughing