Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
23848519

Exam Online 2_02 Table of Contents Part 1 of

Exam Online 2_02

Table of Contents

Part 1 of 1 -

Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points

Mattie is a new sociology professor at the local college. During her first lecture, she noticed that some students were yawning. Based on her interpretation of the students yawning, Mattie has decided she is a boring teacher. This is an example of the process referred to as:
A. socialization.

B. resocialization.

C. "looking-glass self."

D. "taking the role of significant others."
Reset Selection

Question 2 of 20 5.0 Points

Tony is five years of age. He loves to dress up like the Lone Ranger and pretend to help people in need. According to Mead's theory, what stage best describes Tony's behavior?
A. The imitation stage

B. The game stage

C. The play stage

D. The fantasy stage
Reset Selection

Question 3 of 20 5.0 Points

George Herbert Mead indicate a child must learn to take multiple roles in the __________ stage of development.
A. sensorimotor

B. team games

C. preoperational

D. play
Reset Selection

Question 4 of 20 5.0 Points

Which statement best describes the difference between how Westerners and Easterners perceive the world and think about it?
A. Westerners are more concerned with the background scenery in a picture, and Easterners are more concerned with the main character in the picture.

B. Westerners see relationships between items in a series, and Easterners typically see categories.

C. Westerners pay more attention to the focal object, while Easterners are more attuned to the overall surroundings.

D. Westerners read information into a picture that isn't actually there, and Easterners focus purely on existing evidence.
Reset Selection

Question 5 of 20 5.0 Points

In Sigmund Freud's theory on psychoanalysis, the __________ is the balancing force between id and the demands of society.
A. libido

B. "I"

C. "me"

D. super ego
Reset Selection

Question 6 of 20 5.0 Points

According to anthropologist Paul Ekman, what is the driving force behind the six basic emotions that appear to be universal (anger, disgust, fear, happiness, sadness, and surprise)?
A. These emotions are built into our biology and a product of our genes.

B. These emotions are a product of our self and social interaction.

C. These emotions are the result of unconscious childhood experiences.

D. These emotions are a matter of parental nurturing and socialization.
Reset Selection

Question 7 of 20 5.0 Points

As children, boys usually receive trucks, sporting equipment, and action toys. Girls receive stuffed animals and gifts that are more passive. Overall, what do sociologists call this sex-based criteria for the gifts children receive?
A. Resocialization

B. Gender tracking

C. The hidden curriculum

D. Gender socialization
Reset Selection

Question 8 of 20 5.0 Points

Which of the following media least qualifies as being a form of mass media?
A. Television

B. Box-office Hollywood films

C. Academic journals

D. Video games
Reset Selection

Question 9 of 20 5.0 Points

__________ is the process of learning new norms, values, attitudes, and behaviors.
A. Resocialization

B. Socialization

C. The "looking-glass self"

D. Anticipatory socialization
Reset Selection

Question 10 of 20 5.0 Points

Which of the following would be the best example of a total institution?
A. A mental hospital

B. A private university

C. A parochial school

D. A baseball team
Reset Selection

Question 11 of 20 5.0 Points

The stages we pass through from birth to death that include childhood, adolescence, transitional adulthood, the middle years, and the older years are called:
A. the life course.

B. rites of passage.

C. terms of engagement.

D. social milestones.
Reset Selection

Question 12 of 20 5.0 Points

Which sociological perspective focuses on the use of microsociology as its primary level of analysis?
A. Structural functionalism

B. Symbolic interactionism

C. Conflict theory

D. Neo-conflict theory
Reset Selection

Question 13 of 20 5.0 Points

What is the primary reason for the differences people have in behavior and attitude?
A. The biological factors of each individual

B. Their location in the social structure

C. The race of the individual

D. Sex and gender differences
Reset Selection

Question 14 of 20 5.0 Points

__________ is a position in life that one does not choose, but is awarded at birth or is related to the life course.
A. Achieved status

B. Status set

C. Ascribed status

D. Master status
Reset Selection

Question 15 of 20 5.0 Points

__________ are the behaviors, obligations, and privileges attached to a position a person occupies in life.
A. Roles

B. Values

C. Beliefs

D. Mores
Reset Selection

Question 16 of 20 5.0 Points

The __________ society is given credit for ushering in "the dawn of civilization".
A. pastoral

B. horticultural

C. agricultural

D. industrial
Reset Selection

Question 17 of 20 5.0 Points

__________ is credited with being the place where the Industrial Revolution began in 1765.
A. The United States

B. Great Britain

C. Germany

D. France
Reset Selection

Question 18 of 20 5.0 Points

Gemeinschaft is to "intimate community" as Gesellschaft is to:
A. the dawn of civilization.

B. impersonal association.

C. efficiency and perfection.

D. mechanical society.
Reset Selection

Question 19 of 20 5.0 Points

After studying the use of personal space in several cultures, what conclusion did XXXXX XXXXX reach regarding the amount of space people prefer?
A. The amount of personal space people prefer varies from one culture to another.

B. There is virtually no difference in the amount of personal space preferred by people in different cultures.

C. The amount of personal space preferred by people is universal but fluctuates by season.

D. The amount of personal space preferred by people is dependent upon their level of industrialization.
Reset Selection

Question 20 of 20 5.0 Points

In studied nonobservance, what reaction can be expected when an embarrassing or inappropriate act occurs?
A. The offended party excuses the other party and business continues.

B. Both parties ignore the act and business continues.

C. The party responsible for the act excuses himself or herself and business continues.

D. Both parties discuss the act and decide if they should continue business.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience