Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
19873544

Twains account of Colonel Ralls speech ("full of gunpowder

Twain's account of Colonel Rall's speech ("full of gunpowder and glory") is contrasted vividly to the Marion Ranger's collective remorse over
A. the shooting of an unarmed rider
B. the strange affair at "Camp Desolation."
C. following Captain Lyman into a trap
D. rebuffing Dunlap's wise advice.

Analyzing Hawthorne's complex story "Young Goodman Brown," it's reasonable to conclude that Goodman Brown's perception of interpretation of events represents a setting at the ________ level.
A. psychological
B. literal
C. imaginary
D. supernatural

In Twain's "The Private History of a Campaign that Failed," Smith, the blacksmith's apprentice is given"ultimate credit" for
A. earning the rank of sergeant
B. keeping the group trained and ready for battle
C. being killed in battle
D. naming the militia group's encampments

In "Young Goodman Brown," Hawthorne reveals his feelings about his Puritan ancestors when
A. Faith expresses her anxieties about young Brown's departure
B. Brown strives to resist his dark mission
C. the dark man reveals that he helped Brown's forebear's persecute others
D. Brown discovers his catechism teacher is on speaking terms withe the Devil

In "Young Goodman Brown," the allegorical meaning of Faith's pink ribbons is
A. virtue
B. betrayal
C. daylight
D. femininity

In " Paul's Case,"the story suggests that Paul's "dark corner" represents his
A. fear of his father
B. contempt for authority
C. homosexual orientation
D. destiny as a misfit

Archeypes are a type of ______ that appear thoughout history
A. palliation
B. subgenre
C. motif
D. foreshadowing

According to the analyses of the stories you were asked to read," A Pair of Silk Stockings" best represents literary
A. symbolism
B. escapism
C. realism
D. allegory

In Mark Twain's account of a "campaign that failed," his satire is aimed at the_______ of making an adventure appear more glorious than it was
A. embarrassment
B. tragedy
C. confusion
D. gypocrisy

Studying the plot elements in "A Pair of Silk Stockings," you might reasonably conclude that the essence of ther story
A. is identical to Paul's in "Paul's Case."
B. reflects the despair of the daily life.
C. is found in its sensual descriptions.
D. emphasizes the hardship of poverty.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)