How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Bizhelp Your Own Question

Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Category: Homework
Satisfied Customers: 5788
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
23848519
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Bizhelp is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Star Products, Inc. faces uncertain demand conditions in 2012.

Resolved Question:

Star Products, Inc. faces uncertain demand conditions in 2012. Management at Star
Products is considering three different levels of output for 2012: 1, 1.5, or 2 million units.
Management has determined that the following profit levels will occur under weak and
strong demand conditions:
Profit (in $millions) if
Demand is
Output Level Weak Strong
1 million units 60 175
1.5 million units 50 200
2.0 million units –50 400
1. Using each of the four rules for decision making under uncertainty, determine the
output level of 2012.
Maximax rule ______________ units of output
Maximin rule ______________ units of output
Minimax regret rule ______________ units of output
Equal probability rule ______________ units of output
2. Now suppose that management believes the probability of weak demand in 2012 is
25% and the probability of strong demand is 75%. Compute the expected profit,
variance, standard deviation, and coefficient of variation for each level of output:
Output E(π ) 2
σ
σ υ
1 million units
________ ________ ________ ________
1.5 million units
________ ________ ________ ________
2.0 million units
________ ________ ________ ________
3. Based on the expected value rule, Star Products should produce ________ units in
2012.

Answer must be in excel and use Solver when applicable.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
Hello,

Thanks for the question.

Please click here to download the solution.

Hope this helps!

*** One last step: after you review my response, please take a moment to rate my service as "Excellent" so that I may be credited for assisting you. If my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", please click on "Reply" and let me know what I can do to clarify my answer or provide you with EXCELLENT service. If you reply, please wait to rate my answer UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING A FOLLOW-UP REPLY FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I will receive no earnings; however, this Website will get your entire deposit. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have any problems rating me, then simply reply saying you are having difficulties rating and specify whether my service was excellent, good, or OK and I will ask customer service to apply the rating.***

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

These questions also went to the problems but didnt show up.when I originally asked them.


 


4. Using mean-variance analysis, which level of output should be chosen? Explain your answer.


 


5. Using the coefficient of variation rule, Star Products should produce ______ units
in 2012. Explain briefly.


 


Please add it to the original document and then I will rate this for you.


 


thank you

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
Hi,

OK, I have updated the answer file with the additional questions.

Please click here to download the solution.

Hope this helps!



Bizhelp, CPA
Category: Homework
Satisfied Customers: 5788
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
Bizhelp and 2 other Homework Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help! It is much easier for me to understand now!

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

JustAnswer in the News:

 
 
 
Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... Justanswer.com.
JustAnswer.com...has seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like justanswer.com/legal
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.
 
 
 

What Customers are Saying:

 
 
 
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
< Last | Next >
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther Woodstock, NY
  • Thank you so much for taking your time and knowledge to support my concerns. Not only did you answer my questions, you even took it a step further with replying with more pertinent information I needed to know. Robin Elkton, Maryland
  • He answered my question promptly and gave me accurate, detailed information. If all of your experts are half as good, you have a great thing going here. Diane Dallas, TX
 
 
 

Meet The Experts:

 
 
 
  • Manal Elkhoshkhany

    Tutor

    Satisfied Customers:

    4522
    More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
< Last | Next >
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/BU/BusinessTutor/2012-2-2_115741_Kouki2.64x64.jpg Manal Elkhoshkhany's Avatar

    Manal Elkhoshkhany

    Tutor

    Satisfied Customers:

    4522
    More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ComputersGuru/2010-02-13_051118_Photo41.JPG LogicPro's Avatar

    LogicPro

    Engineer

    Satisfied Customers:

    3458
    Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/LI/lindaus/2012-6-10_04811_IMG20120609164157.64x64.jpg Linda_us's Avatar

    Linda_us

    Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor

    Satisfied Customers:

    3124
    Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/chooser77/2009-08-18_162025_Chris.jpg Chris M.'s Avatar

    Chris M.

    M.S.W. Social Work

    Satisfied Customers:

    2385
    Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/JawaadAhmed/2009-6-27_12137_SIs_SHadi.jpg F. Naz's Avatar

    F. Naz

    Chartered Accountant

    Satisfied Customers:

    1988
    Experience with chartered accountancy
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/JK/jkcpa/2011-1-16_182614_jkcpa.64x64.jpg Bizhelp's Avatar

    Bizhelp

    CPA

    Satisfied Customers:

    1876
    Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/avremote/photoa.jpg Seanna's Avatar

    Seanna

    Tutor

    Satisfied Customers:

    1781
    3,000+ satisfied customers, all topics, A+ work
 
 
 

Related Homework Questions

Chat Now With A Tutor
Bizhelp
Bizhelp
Tutor
5788 Satisfied Customers
Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience