Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Chris M,

Chris M, Question 61 The first objective of campaign advertising is to raise the social consciousness of voters. give voters a detailed biography of a candidate. ensure that a candidate has a high level of name recognition among voters. get across to voters some basic issue stands. define the challenger. Question 62 Voting in the United States has decreased since 1952. Other forms of participation have increased or remained stable. also decreased. not been extensively studied. risen and fallen without any pattern. dramatically increased. Question 63 Compared with other nations in the world, in granting suffrage to women, the United States was among the first. ranked about in the middle. lagged far behind. was unique in extending that right without being pressured to do so. was more selective in which women were extended the right. Question 64 Which statement best characterizes the changes in campaigns since the 1960s? Campaigns are shorter and more heavily influenced by the parties. Campaigns are longer, fund raising is easier, and media scrutiny is less. There have been no significant changes since the 1960s. Campaigns are longer and more media focused, and fund raising is more complex. campaigns are increasingly driven by political party insiders. Question 65 The first coast-to-coast television broadcast featured which of the following presidents? Herbert Hoover Franklin Roosevelt Harry Truman John F. Kennedy Richard Nixon Question 66 Which of the following principles is not part of the responsible party government model? The winning party should carry out its program once in office. Parties should present clear and coherent programs to voters. Voters should hold the governing party responsible at the next election for executing its program. Legislators should be responsive to their constituencies, even if doing so means voting against their party's program. Voters should choose candidates on the basis of party programs. Question 67 Each state has one vote in the electoral college for the number of senators and representatives on the federal election nomination committee. each of its representatives in the U.S. House. every 10,000 registered voters. each of its citizens. each of its representatives and senators. Question 68 A class action suit is a method of increasing political participation among students. organizing mass political demonstrations. influencing public policy through the courts. using the courts for individual benefit. organizing group policy. Question 69 "The process of transmitting information from one individual or group to another" is the definition of print media. mass media. outreach. group media. communication. Question 70 If you wish to find the largest concentration of reporters in the world, you should go to Washington, D.C. Paris. New York. London. Beijing. Question 71 Some studies show that direct political action appeals most to those who _____ the political system and have a _____ sense of political efficacy. distrust; strong trust; weak trust; strong distrust; weak support; keen Question 72 In which of the following countries are citizens most likely to write to elected officials? Japan Germany Great Britain United States Russia Question 73 Spray painting political slogans on a building, a form of unconventional behavior, has what effect upon government? It's determined to be harmful only because it leads to prison overcrowding. It's largely ineffective. It's viewed as destructive behavior that leads to more progressive crimes in young adults. It's stressful. It's undemocratic. Question 74 Representatives of the mass media frequently defend the importance of freedom of the press, even if it comes at the expense of order. equality. profits. democracy. rights. Question 75 An important idea of pluralist theory is that most interest groups work for the good of the majority. the institutions of government will ignore interest groups regardless of their orientation. interest groups will ultimately fade from the political scene. new interest groups naturally form when the need arises. people join groups for benefits, regardless of current circumstances. Question 76 The primary goal of interest groups is to educate the public about issues. sponsor candidates for elections. fight corruption in government. influence public policy. provide campaign donations. Question 77 The vast increase in the number of business lobbies in Washington during the 1970s and 1980s was in large part a response to the increasingly cynical view of government that developed among the American public in the 1960s and 1970s. growing threat posed by New Right lobbyists. favorable congressional legislation. civil rights and anti-Vietnam War activism of the 1960s. expanded scope of federal regulatory activities and the growing influence of the public interest movement. Question 78 Until the 1950s, political campaigns were conducted primarily through the mass media. through political party organizations. through quiet appeals to elite electors. by individual candidates with very little staff or assistance. by interest groups. Question 79 How does education affect voter turnout? Well-educated people are more likely to vote than are their less-educated counterparts. Educated people are less likely to vote than uneducated people are because their education makes them more cynical about government. Educated and uneducated people vote at about the same rates. Educated people vote more than uneducated people, who are often unable to pass voter literacy tests. Educated people cast more split ballots on issues. Question 80 Which of the following media sources has the largest readership or audience? The New York Times NBC News Mother Jones Time magazine ESPN

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike,

I have received your question and will post your answers by this evening.

Thanks!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)