M. Kennedy
M. Kennedy, Advanced Degree
Experience:  Degree in Science, BA--Soc.Studies, 15 yrs. exp--Gov't work
5930486

$ 40 BONUS - Instructions: Below are several questions designed to tes

Customer Question

Instructions:

Below are several questions designed to test your knowledge of the reading and classroom discussions. I have not labeled the questions "short answer" or "essay". Some require a longer, more thorough answer, while others may be answered in a few sentences.

You should answer the questions thoroughly, but as concisely as possible. Your answers should address only the specific questions asked. In answering the questions, you may use the text or anything discussed in the classroom, unless otherwise specified. You may not use outside sources.

Please use your own words --its be sure that you understand the concepts discussed in the book enough to be able to present them in your own words. If a question asks for an "original" example, please make one up; do not use one from the book or classroom discussions.

I will also be taking into consideration the quality of your writing (grammar, spelling, etc.)

0600 CET on Sunday, October 14th for the Saturday exam date.

While you don't need to resubmit the questions, please be sure to number your answers. Please submit the answers as an attached file (either as an ".html", ".htm" or ,".rtf" file, or as a Word ".doc" file).

If you have any questions, please contact me via e-mail, for the quickest response.

Questions:

Give a specific, original example of a situation which would likely cause a court to "pierce the corporate veil". Your example should demonstrate your knowledge of the meaning of this phrase. (10 points)
Give a specific example of a breach of contract involving the sale of an antique chest of drawers, including details about the offer, acceptance, and the nature of the breach. Your example should show both compensatory and consequential damages that stem from the breach. Describe these. Then explain whether or not a court would be likely to impose "specific performance" as a remedy in this case and why. (20 points)
Give an original, specific example of a "merchant's firm offer" that demonstrates your knowledge of this term. Be sure to give enough information in your answer to show your understanding of the term. (10 points)
Give a specific example of a contract involving a unilateral mistake which would not be enforceable against the mistaken party. The parties to the contract should be the following: Lady Gaga (a recording artist) and the owners of Madison Square Garden (an indoor arena in New York City). Lady Gaga (or an agent of Lady Gaga) should be the mistaken party. Please describe the scenario thoroughly, so that I can be sure you understand the subject matter. Now change the scenario somewhat to describe a different example (using the same parties) involving a mutual mistake. How does this mutual mistake affect each of the parties' obligations under the contract? (20 points)
Briefly describe either your current job, or a job you've held in the past. (Alternatively, you could describe a made-up job.). Now, make an argument either for or against labeling your "status" in this job as each of the following: "employee", "agent", and "independent contractor". Be sure to discuss specific features of your job that support your conclusion. Is it the case that a combination of two or more of these "statuses" applies to your job? Explain. (20 points)

Your friend has decided to open a day care center and is not sure which form of business to use--a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or a corporation. She has asked for your advice. What questions do you need to ask your friend about her plans in order to best advise her? What advice can you give your friend? Discuss advantages and disadvantages for each of the three forms. (20 points)
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I need it ASAP
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I would still need this, willing to add 40 in bonus
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

total paper would be 120!!!

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  M. Kennedy replied 2 years ago.

I can have this for you tomorrow. Would that be acceptable?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Great. It will be afternoon or evening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you

This is going faster than I thought. When you get the answers, if you need more info, just let me know. I'm trying to be "concise" as in the instructions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it done yet
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
M. Kennedy, Advanced Degree
Experience: Degree in Science, BA--Soc.Studies, 15 yrs. exp--Gov't work
You haven't rated my answer yet so I wonder if you needed anything else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Already rated this..?

Yes, it was rated since my comment. And, although you didn't add the bonus I extremely appreciate your rating my answer as excellent!